Moding and Editor Question Thread:

Almost all the land units have "ignore sea" selected. I do it too (just because I'm superstitious like that), although I haven't seen any negative consequences when it is not done.

Almost every unit has ignore sea checked even ICBMs :lol: The newest units do not have it checked (Sams, Crusaders, modern paratroopers, etc) even the cruiser is unchecked but the battleship and every other ship of the era have it checked.

Question:
Is it possible to give every Civ its own unique City Graphics?

AFAIK no, the game only has a limited number of culture sets, Asian, European and so on. Until we learn how to add more without breaking anything, there's just those citysets.

Yeah, there's one set of city graphics per Culture Group and only 5 Culture Groups - the bane of many a modder. :(

-Oz
A huge bane and plague upon modders. The ability to only have 5 culture groups not only effects the city graphics but also diplomacy.

Question:
Is it possible to give every Civ its own unique City Graphics?

For fixed maps: Yes and no. The city graphics can be set partly or completely to transparency and a resource with the unique graphic of the city can be placed on the city location. With this methode different city graphics in a special culture group are possible. As the graphic is a resource, only one image for for each city-tile is possible and modifications of that graphic must be done with other means (Industrial or Ancient City Sprawl-graphics and cultural city-graphics for other eras). The SOE-City graphics are partly using this methode.

Ozzy nailed the how, the culture groups are more favorable to civ's of the same group. The second thing effecting this is favorite and shunned government. What would be nice is if the flavours worked for diplomacy also so you could set one civ's reaction to another from 0 - 100% unfortunately it does not work that way.
Yes Civinator's work around does work but being limited to a city the size of a resource also has it's drawbacks.

Yes
I've done that before, but it's generally not as likly to come over.
And even then, I had to bribe them several times before they finally gave in.

Hi, I asked this in the wrong thread before, but can you use blender to create models for CIV III? And is it possible to make flavor units correspond to units that are already in the game normally, simply replacing some of the models for the different civs, without permanently changing anything?

Question:
Is it possible to capture Settlers, and then use those captured Settlers to found new cities?

Hi, I asked this in the wrong thread before, but can you use blender to create models for CIV III? And is it possible to make flavor units correspond to units that are already in the game normally, simply replacing some of the models for the different civs, without permanently changing anything?
You can use blender to make units, modles is misleading because C3C uses 2d storyboards to make the unit. Not sure what you mean by that second half. Anytime you mod the game it is a semi-permanent change and you should do so by saving the biq with a unique name and making a folder in the scenario's folder to hold all the custom artwork units and text files.
Question:
Is it possible to capture Settlers, and then use those captured Settlers to found new cities?
The Settler has no attack and no defense so they should be capturable however I have noticed in epic games when you capture a settler they turn into 2 workers so I think there is something in the hard coding.

Actually, its on the general tab in the editor. You can set the captured unit to whichever unit the settler becomes.
I've never tried making it generate settlers though.

Intriguing. I thought it was just 2 units, not populations cost.
I think I'll experiment with this a bit, and see what happens.

Derf, I see problems with changing the captured unit from worker to settler. But then we are limited to only one possibility in that area. I should have remembered that because I had changed that before and it also effects the "unit" that can be presented in negotiations.
Virote that is very interesting I never thought to think how population cost effects that.

Top Bottom