ModModder's Guide

Code:
popupInfo.setOnClickedPythonCallback("selectTrait")

"selectTrait" refers to the CvScreensInterface.py file.
Is it possible to 'redirect' this call to another file (like with the " __import__('funnystuff') " example we had some time ago)?

I've asked it before already, but isn't there any way to get a UnitAbility into a promotion?:(

the code I wanted to add was:
Code:
                <RouteNatives>
			<RouteNative>
				<RouteType>ROUTE_RAILROAD</RouteType>
				<bRouteNative>1</bRouteNative>
			</RouteNative>
		</RouteNatives>
from the mobile fortress. Isn't there a way to solve it. Perhaps by bypasses?

I'm trying to create a new dwarven race wich lives in peaks. Therefor I've created a roadtype (tunnels) in peaks. Than units which are in peaks can't leave it somewhere only on the improvement (entrence to mountain) where they can lose the promotion which force them going on the "tunnels" route.

only for info ;).

Is there any civ in RiFE that uses Asian city graphics.
I have the appropriate graphics to include if not, I just want to check if I have to or if I can skip that.

I am using this: (see attachment). So I doubth it can pass of as Japanese.

This said I am way confused with the whole file.
I looked up the original XML for the citiset (that I pillaged from some old module) and it looks nothing even remotely similar to the one that comes with RIFE.

I thought it would be a simple copy - paste but it turns out that I am lost.
Plus I have no idea what I am doing.

Like, the file only refrences the Nif by the name, but nowhere does it let me enter a path. So where do I enter the path?

Also, where are the CivArtStyles saved? And not unit art styles, I found those. But the other ones, the ones under ArtStyleType.

Attachments

• Upload.rar
    294.5 KB · Views: 70

I'm trying to create a new dwarven race wich lives in peaks. Therefor I've created a roadtype (tunnels) in peaks. Than units which are in peaks can't leave it somewhere only on the improvement (entrence to mountain) where they can lose the promotion which force them going on the "tunnels" route.

only for info ;).

Bad news: Attempted this tonight, would require a readpass3 that I'm not sure of how to add.

I am using this: (see attachment). So I doubth it can pass of as Japanese.

This said I am way confused with the whole file.
I looked up the original XML for the citiset (that I pillaged from some old module) and it looks nothing even remotely similar to the one that comes with RIFE.

I thought it would be a simple copy - paste but it turns out that I am lost.
Plus I have no idea what I am doing.

Like, the file only refrences the Nif by the name, but nowhere does it let me enter a path. So where do I enter the path?

Also, where are the CivArtStyles saved? And not unit art styles, I found those. But the other ones, the ones under ArtStyleType.

I have no idea. I despise cityartstyles. However, Black_Imperator has been working with them some lately and may be able to help you out.

I hope you can work this out.

I was able to get workers to dig tunnels in peaks and build roads everywhere else. But I hadn't figured out how to:
* make peaks with tunnels passable, even when peaks without are not
* make it so that units in a tunnel cannot see or attack units outside tunnels and vice versa
* units inside a tunnel can occupy the same tile as an enemy who is outside the tunnel (such as a flying unit)

I'd really like to see the dream of tunnels become reality, some day.

A new kind of invisibility, tunnel invisible. Units in tunnels automatically gain both the invisibility and see tunnel invisible.

Won't solve everything but it is a start.

another additional invisibility open_air_invisible (all units not in tunnels have a promotion granting this type of invisibility and allowing it to be seen) thus it will leave units in the open air uneffected but prevent units inside tunnels from seeing them.

I hope you can work this out.

I was able to get workers to dig tunnels in peaks and build roads everywhere else. But I hadn't figured out how to:
* make peaks with tunnels passable, even when peaks without are not
* make it so that units in a tunnel cannot see or attack units outside tunnels and vice versa
* units inside a tunnel can occupy the same tile as an enemy who is outside the tunnel (such as a flying unit)

I'd really like to see the dream of tunnels become reality, some day.

I hope to do it with a promotion wich

1. able to walk an peaks
2. force to go on/in the tunnel
3. add a invisibility type
4. see this invisibility type

Than there would be onle one problem else, units in tunnels could see units outside and if they stand on a mountain the units inside could attack them. Perhaps i can add a promotion for all units wich adds a 2. new invisibility type and allows to see this invisibility and when the unit enter a tunnel it loses this promo:crazyeye:

Perhaps i can add a promotion for all units wich adds a 2. new invisibility type and allows to see this invisibility and when the unit enter a tunnel it loses this promo:crazyeye:

that's what I meant. All units gain this promotion (make it bEffectPromo).

This combo of a promotion that both grants an invisibility type and allows it to be seen, is an awesome way of creating "altitude" levels within a tile. This could also be used for things like submerged units vs. sailing units. The open_air_invisible type would be the ground/surface level. The various other level promotions like underground or submerged or perhaps even atmospheric could remove this visibility in exchange for granting their own invisibility. This could also be an interesting mechanic for the Bezeri or the Isenj. I could see regular units gaining promotions that could allow seeing these other levels. A unit could buy a telescope to see high in the atmosphere, or gain a magical sonar like device to see underwater.

Noted. Still as I mentioned on #Erebus, since it is easily implemented, it could be used in at least these three examples with moderate success:

A) An atmospheric unit could be used to scout foreign closed borders, very safely, without being able to see the actual units.
B) An underground unit could be able to make use of peaks, building tunnels and underground improvements.
C) A submerged unit could hide under-water, travel under sea ice, build underwater improvements.

I also envision each of these to be given separately to different civs. A) to the mechanos? B) to the Khazad or a new Dwarven civ, C) to the Bezeri or Isenj (whichever it fits with better)

The system is not perfect. In many situations the underground/submerged/atmospheric unit will be able to see units because other units the player owns can. But that is not the point. The point is that in most cases the units will be able to occupy the same tile as an enemy and not be noticed. For the most part enemies will not be able to see these types of invisibility. Units with this effect could become bNeverHostile when they are in a different altitude. Since they aren't meant for direct combat while in these modes it works. Also when the unit is isolated from units which can see surface units, those units will be invisible. In other words if a Hill Giant is traversing a large mountain range and the dwarves are mulling around underneath, as long as land based units are not able to see the Hill Giant already, the underground dwarves don't gain any visual advantage. In fact, the dwarves under the mountain and units underwater should gain a vision nerf. Perhaps restricting them to the tile they occupy.

Also spawn groups could be added which occasionally spawn in the same "altitude" that can cause issues like pillaging (I'm thinking Balrog like units for underground and sea serpents for underwater).

Here is an idea for dwarven peak improvements:

Under-home: +1 :food: grows to Under-village in 20 turns (must be worked)
Under-village: +2 :food: grows to Under-town in 40 turns (must be worked)
Under-town: +2 :food:, +1 :commerce:

this leads to a +2 :food:, +2 :hammers:, +1 :commerce: tile in 60 turns with used worker turns and time invested growing the tile. No artwork is necessary because the improvement is essentially underground. Only the random spawned "Balrog" type units would be capable of pillaging them so they can't be too strong. They could also require a new tech which requires mining, no ideas for names though.

No ideas for underwater improvements yet (though I envision being able to build them under ice as well)

Also, if a unit is under the ground and another of mine units detects it, what exactly would be preventing my other units (non detectors) from digging a hole and jumping in to kill it?

What I mean to say is that the effects would make sense lore vise.

Bad news: Attempted this tonight, would require a readpass3 that I'm not sure of how to add.

I have no idea. I despise cityartstyles. However, Black_Imperator has been working with them some lately and may be able to help you out.
Does he usually post/read this thread or will I have to contact him? I feel kind of... well I feel like I would be obnoxious and annoying if I started sending PMs that are not absolutely necessary.

I think I would severely limit the units which can see underground and underwater units. Probably even atmospheric. If not outright make it impossible. Since all units would see the cities of these civs, its not like its hard to defeat them because of a few hidden units. Plus those units can't attack.

one short question.

is there a promo command like "addscript", which adds a script to the unit with this promo.
I haven't found some but I want to be sure.

Top Bottom