MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

PromotionFlagsEUI is fully compatible with Vox Populi (with EUI) and was built with it in mind. The updated versions of PromotionTree and UpgradeTree (see sig), are also compatible, if you wanted to add them to the lis.

You're my new personal hero.

Might I humbly suggest a post in the Mods Repository sub-forum to make these easier for lazy people like myself to find?

Could you point out that really advanced setup will not work when building a modpack? Its a natural choice for multiplayer games.

Could you point out that really advanced setup will not work when building a modpack? Its a natural choice for multiplayer games.
Last time I've tried, It did not cause any bugs, however, I did not have any of the RAS settup options when configuring the multiplayer game. However "last time I've tried" was more than one year ago, so things may have changed.

So there are no compatible with CBP mods that made ai more aggressive?

Play Emperor. I promise, they're plenty aggressive.
I need aggression in general, not only to human player. Like with "Better AI Games" mod that makes all civs hate each other from first turns.

I need aggression in general, not only to human player. Like with "Better AI Games" mod that makes all civs hate each other from first turns.
The AI improvements are a huge feature in VP. Just fill your game up with warmongers and you'll have plenty of aggression without making the AI ret4rded in the process. (can't believe ******'s censored).

I feel like you haven't been playing VP all that long. I promise you, this is not a problem.

There is already AI - Secondary Workers And Settlers, AI - Warmonger Adjustments, Artificial Unintelligence, Smart AI, ilteroi's various tactical enhancements, etc. Read the incorporated mods list first. Also, consider the changelog from years past. It's huge, many things you're not aware of.

VP is the entirety, the compendium of these. It includes {is} community patch now. Play on emperor (+2 vanilla difficulty measure) or above and weep. It's no cakewalk.

Last edited:
I have seen some of you post that you got the Advanced Air- Ground- Naval mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=464817218) to work with your VP install. I have not been able to do so. If you could please fill me in on what files you deleted or edited to get your to work please let me know. Im not so concerned with the balance as I am just being able to save the game. Every time I use this mod I run into the issue of saving the game as the files always come back somewhere between 16-17kb. I have singled the problem to this mod. I have killed the promotions in the mod, made it dependent on the CP and CBP, removed its techs and just the save file breaks each time.

You're my new personal hero.

Might I humbly suggest a post in the Mods Repository sub-forum to make these easier for lazy people like myself to find?
Flag promotions mod does not really show the whole unit promotions, and both promotion tree and upgrade tree will bug the game when checking the (something below the left screen). Maybe only a problem for small screened players. But all are workable and good tho

Flag promotions mod does not really show the whole unit promotions, and both promotion tree and upgrade tree will bug the game when checking the (something below the left screen). Maybe only a problem for small screened players. But all are workable and good tho
Can you reference these bugs in the particular threads? Are you referring to @akamal's flag promotions?

Can you reference these bugs in the particular threads? Are you referring to @akamal's flag promotions?
Like i stated, I don't exactly remember what happened as i stop playing this mod for a long time. I call it a bug but it is possibly just a scaleability problem that occurs when clicking a certain button inside the promotions or upgrade menu

It should work flawlessly until you reach later eras on big maps because it is very data heavy and may cause graphical glitches and even freezes in the later era for some users.

It is a shame, it was an essential mod for me, but I love huge crowded worlds, so I am slowly learning to lay without it.

You are sure that you are writing about akamal's flag promotions which works gret
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/promotion-flags-eui.630424/
not
Thal´s FlagPromotions which in late game on big maps was causing CTD?
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/modmod-thal´s-flagpromotions-for-cpp.547864/page-6
Oh, I see, I was writing about the original which was developed on the component from the Thal's CEP - the one linked in the list of compatible moss.

So you are saying the new akamal's one is not causing the glitches, freezes and CTDs on big maps late game? That would be awesome. I will update the compatibility list then.

So you are saying the new akamal's one is not causing the glitches, freezes and CTDs on big maps late game? That would be awesome. I will update the compatibility list then.
It has definitely had the fat trimmed. Between turns processing is noticeably faster in my opinion. If someone is still having issues late game, there is always the PromoFlags_Settings.lua configuration file for tweaking.

Has anyone here got Redesigned Colors and Icons (RCI) 2.0 working in CBP without disabling the Vox Populi game options? While I've been using the 1.3 version for a while, and it's mostly fine, the 2.0 version is installed as a faux-DLC, so it doesn't have the bug the Steam one had (1.3). Thanks, as I say, not an urgent issue at all, just wondering if anyone figured out how to do it for convenience's sake.
EDIT: I'll quote my post over from the RCI mod thread for ease of use, rather than re-typing it all out again:
I have. For reference, I ran it with the latest VP at the time of writing (5/20), 43-Civ + EUI, still causes the whole less game options thing when setting up a game. However! It does seem to work once you've made the game. Ensure you have NOT installed the faux-DLC (RCI v2.0) beforehand. Create a game of your choosing, apply the settings, generate the map, save, and close Civ. Insert the RCI 2.0b faux-DLC into your Civ directory, in order to tackle the problem of Vox Populi-exclusive game options not displaying. This will allow you to make a game with VP options, and will allow you to use RCI without issues. So you won't have that problem of you're previous game not showing the new colours. Note that this is just a theory, I'm still playtesting this to certify it works 100%. Give it a shot, and tell me what you think.
I'm sure someone could make a much more concise set of instructions. That's not exactly my strong point, I'm afraid.

EDIT: My guide is outdated. Read the instructions on one of the earlier pages here to see the post that references how to make it work, my method is obselete. My apologies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom