Mods not sticking to save files

Cepheus75

Chieftain
I am finding that mods are getting dropped from my save files one by one. This has happened to BeBa, JDF's sponsor rewrite, simple clock, my own mods and many others. It seems systematic.:eek:

Is anyone else experiencing this and if so do you know a solution?

I noticed the same. Haven't found solution so far.

Are you loading the save from the main menu, letting the game automatically load the mods first, or are you first going into the mod menu and manually clicking accept to enable the mods, then click load game?

I've watched this closely, and sadly can confirm that it happens (eggregiously) even if you are careful to go through the Mods menu and have only the same set of mods selected (I'm sure of the latter because for my tests I didn't change my subscriptions and activated them all).

Every time you load a saved game, a subset of the mods are dropped. It isn't entirely random - so far the "explorers ignore ZOCs" mod has never gotten dropped, but the ones to colorize the tech tree are basically guaranteed to go away after the first save/load. Making the "previous route" red in the trade route screen sometimes survives one save/load but not two.

Given how unusable the tech tree and trade route screen are without a mod, I'm really frustrated by this bug.

I don't know if it is the same thing, but I found that mods aren't loaded into a save unless you go through the mods update window, hit next, then load from that screen.

It depends on whether the modder left the "Affects Saved Games" attribute on.

You should always load a modded game through the mods menu, rather than the main menu.

Ah so its not just me. I tried both methods of loading my game but the mod is not present. I guess the "Affects Saved Games" might not have been set. Is there a file I can edit and manually add that in ?

Yes, just open the .modinfo file in the main folder of that mod with a text editor (mods can be found in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\Mods) and change:

<AffectsSavedGames>0</AffectsSavedGames>
to
<AffectsSavedGames>1</AffectsSavedGames>

With my experience this damned thing occurs even if every mod has AffectSaveGames set to 1. Now it's getting ridiculous, because I can't load ANY save game, it just keep telling me some mods are missing from the list, regardless of how many times I load them through mod menu. It's so bugged now, I must every time start a new game and even in that game I can't load a save few turns back, because, guess what, mods are missing.

Top Bottom