Mods you like with Civ 6.

Are therfe mods which present major game changes? Like Rhye's and Fall or Fall from Heaven for Civ4?
It's a bit difficult to make major changes to the game with the current modding tools.

We lack almost all methods that would allow to control AI units and diplomacy for example, but there are many others.

Minor additions:
  • Proverbium
  • Immersive Dialogue
  • Restore Flirtatious and Curmudgeon
  • Free City States
  • Quick Start
  • Extended Diplomacy Ribbon
  • Better Report Screen
  • Unique District Icons
  • Better Trade Screen
  • Australia - Better Colours
  • YnAMP
Major Additions
  • Tomatekh's Historical Religions
  • Sukritact's Resources (camels!)
  • Sukritact's Simple UI Adjustments
  • Sukritact's Siam
  • Sukritact's Iceland

I like Legit AI Cheats, Justified Difficulty, Adaptive Difficulty, and mods that make the barbarians spawn a lot more. But I like to play Civ 6 like a war game (even though I don't usually go for a domination victory).

I'd love to see a mod which makes the AI a LOT more aggressive while still making it possible to befriend one or two of them.

Is '8 ages of pace' compatible with R&F?
I've been using it, it certainly works, but it's really difficult to get a dark age with it (at least, on king or prince) because ages all last the max length.

UI improvements I use are all listed above; Better Reports I consider absolutely essential.

I really like CIVITAS City States and Steel and Thunder to add more variety.

This thread reminds me I must try Rule with Faith.

Is there a mod that shows you what great people points a city is giving you and why?

I fully agree with the favorable comments on the Modded Civs from Sukritact, Civitas, and others and Gedemon's City-States, but the one Must Have Mod for me is JFD's "Rule With Faith" which provides a much expanded and richer Social Policy game, with specific Religious and Cultural Policies, an early expanded Government selection, and a Great Theologian Great Person that gives you a use for some of those Post-Great Prophet points. I can't imagine playing without it now.

I like this mod as well. The only problem with it is that at a certain point it stops telling you what great people have been recruited do you get this too? I also don't really understand how great theologians work but otherwise great mod!

Is 8 Ages of Pace the best pacing mod? I’ve used it for quite a while and always seems good.

@FearSunn ’s wide science and IZ building mods are very good. He’s still working on the second. They all feel like things that should be part of a FXS patch (although the IZ one is currently a touch strong IMO).

I like Historic Seed mod but it seems like 8 Ages of Pace does more or less the same thing. In Historic speed the game is slightly longer (750 turns) but the eras are distributed evenly, so you get around 100 turns to enjoy each era.

Is anyone on here using the Steel and Thunder Unit Expansion and Unique Unit mods? Personally these are my favourite so many new units and more personality in each civ. More of this I say

I think we should have a sticky thread with essential mods. A few I've tried really only improves the game without balance change. Some mods improve the game with balance changes.

I wish everyone could easily take part in the sea of custom made improvements.

I like Historic Seed mod but it seems like 8 Ages of Pace does more or less the same thing. In Historic speed the game is slightly longer (750 turns) but the eras are distributed evenly, so you get around 100 turns to enjoy each era.

Is anyone on here using the Steel and Thunder Unit Expansion and Unique Unit mods? Personally these are my favourite so many new units and more personality in each civ. More of this I say

Hi, I'm the creator of Historic Speed, and I'm so happy you enjoy it :) I do want to point out that 8 Ages of Pace and Historic Speed are fairly different.

While they both increase tech/civic costs per era, Historic Speed's increases are typically 300% higher than those of 8 Ages of Pace. Additionally, 8 Ages of Pace makes other small changes that keep the speed of the game faster than Historic Speed. Hence, you will have much longer games with Historic Speed. AFAIK, 8 Ages of Pace has not yet been balanced with respect to era score and ages since Oleus does not have Rise and Fall yet, but I have already taken that into account with Historic Speed with satisfactory results.

To summarize, 8 Ages of Pace is a great mod and is predominately balanced towards wanting to play a "Standard Speed" game. Historic Speed is balanced towards wanting to play a "Marathon Speed" game but with standard production values.

I think for your average civ player who wants a fast game, 8 Ages of Pace is a good choice, but for those of us who really want to sink in and have prolonged epic games, Historic Speed is there.

Also Steel and Thunder is absolutely great.

Don't like mods because it feels like hacking to win. If I felt I had to overhaul the game for look and feel or balance I just wouldn't buy/play the game.

I like this mod as well. The only problem with it is that at a certain point it stops telling you what great people have been recruited do you get this too? I also don't really understand how great theologians work but otherwise great mod!

I play on a Mac, so I get different 'results' from some of the Mods. Usually not good ones, but this particular effect I've never seen, and I just finished a game that (unusually for me) went all the way into the Atomic Era with both myself and the AIs getting Great Theologians and other Great People with no problem. So far I've found Great Theologians to be 'sinks' for the Great Prophet Points after you've founded a religion, who usually give Religious, but occasionally Science or another pile of Bonus Points: nothing Game Changing, especially late in the game when your 'normal' turn-by-turn accumulation of Science and Culture is high.

I play on a Mac, so I get different 'results' from some of the Mods. Usually not good ones, but this particular effect I've never seen, and I just finished a game that (unusually for me) went all the way into the Atomic Era with both myself and the AIs getting Great Theologians and other Great People with no problem. So far I've found Great Theologians to be 'sinks' for the Great Prophet Points after you've founded a religion, who usually give Religious, but occasionally Science or another pile of Bonus Points: nothing Game Changing, especially late in the game when your 'normal' turn-by-turn accumulation of Science and Culture is high.

Sounds like more of a mod conflict, yeah. There are instructions on the RwF page about reporting issues like this, along with logs. Glad it's been working out for you, with Mac, since I have no idea about any of the differences between PC and Mac versions.

Great Theologians are just meant to, conceptually, give a level of prominence that religion and religious figures have played beyond the mere founding of a religion, and, mechanically, to make Great Prophet Points more on par with other Great People Points.

The short of it is that Great Theologians are generated with Great Prophet Points after you have founded a Religion or after all Religions have been founded (i.e. after Great Prophet Points become useless in themselves).

Sounds like more of a mod conflict, yeah. There are instructions on the RwF page about reporting issues like this, along with logs. Glad it's been working out for you, with Mac, since I have no idea about any of the differences between PC and Mac versions.

Great Theologians are just meant to, conceptually, give a level of prominence that religion and religious figures have played beyond the mere founding of a religion, and, mechanically, to make Great Prophet Points more on par with other Great People Points.

The short of it is that Great Theologians are generated with Great Prophet Points after you have founded a Religion or after all Religions have been founded (i.e. after Great Prophet Points become useless in themselves).

Oh no I play on Mac as well but you're right it must be a conflict with another mod, it's not a problem that makes the game unplayable anyway. Thank you both for explaining how Great Theologians work as well.

Keep up the the good work JFD I love your Songhai Mod that part of the world is not really represented in the game without it. Just out of curiosity how big is the TSL Earth Remastered Map? Ive tried to play the Yet (not) Another Maps Pack Earth map but the sheer size just kills my computer.

Don't like mods because it feels like hacking to win. If I felt I had to overhaul the game for look and feel or balance I just wouldn't buy/play the game.
I'm quite the opposite, I've bought the game because it can be modded, if I could only play the developers specific and limited vision of the game I wouldn't buy it.

I'm quite the opposite, I've bought the game because it can be modded, if I could only play the developers specific and limited vision of the game I wouldn't buy it.

Completely agree. The Developers have one vision of the game which only rarely coincides with what I want to play. Without Mods, I wouldn't have bought any Civ game since Civ 2 (and then only because when I bought Civ 2 I didn't know there was a Mod Community!)

@Lozenged Production Queue - since install never removed it, a must have in game

@Infixo Real Great People - great people with pics brings life to the game. Also we can add new great people types with no problem :)

@LeeS Really advanced setup lite - perfect for modding, at start game i can spawn my units for testing, or start with any tech or civic.

Top Bottom