Mods you like with Civ 6.

@Lozenged Production Queue - since install never removed it, a must have in game

@Infixo Real Great People - great people with pics brings life to the game. Also we can add new great people types with no problem :)

@LeeS Really advanced setup lite - perfect for modding, at start game i can spawn my units for testing, or start with any tech or civic.
Still don't understand why a production queue isn't in the base game. It's ridiculous.

Wow it looks really good thank you and congratulations Deliverator and ChimpmanG I'm looking forward to playing it!

On
Mountain pass mod
Kineticam
Realistic earth script
AI+

Off
Sukitrakts wonders tents to crash my game
Gold resource also tents to crash
8 Ages of pace good concept but doesn't work well for me
Moar units nice but crashes in R&F
Red mode nice in vanilla only, crashes in R&F
Resource colonies (was it civ V?) too expensive to mantain.
All civ Buffs are too OP

Off but very good
Natural disaster, lacks only graphics.

Not aware of
Complete kills unless fast units. (Civ V had it)
Early army formation

Can't bellieve this thread is not full of CQUI...
For me that should be part of vanilla

Reactions: tzu

I really appreciate the work that’s gone into cqui. And, to be clear, it is a very good mod. But I actually prefer playing without it.

I found cqui really great when I was learning the game. But the more familiar I get, the more I prefer the streamlined approach.

I particular don’t like the production queue. I’d like to be able to cycle projects but other than that I agree with fxs - you should be made to consider each thing you build.

Bits of it are very good though (and you can of course get these a separate mods). In particular, map pins, some report screens and being making some yields on the map more clear.

I'm not a huge fan of CQUI personally. It tends to create a lot of lag in my games and I really don't like the production queue. If we use it in MP games, then we get constant desyncs.

I prefer to just use a few of the components: Better Report Screen and More Lenses in particular.

CQUI is great. Its only problem is that it changes so many things that when the game patches, it puts CQUI out of commission for a while. So once you get used to it, you have to wait until they update it after every patch.

That's not CQUI's fault. It's Civ VI's fault for having a UI so terrible that CQUI needed to be created.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of CQUI personally. It tends to create a lot of lag in my games and I really don't like the production queue. If we use it in MP games, then we get constant desyncs.

I prefer to just use a few of the components: Better Report Screen and More Lenses in particular.
Same here. The UI components I do like were all available (and still are) as separate mods before they were integrated into CQUI. The ONE thing I do like and really want, but can seem to find a separate mod for, is the compressed and reordered production panel elements.

Unpopular opinion: CQUI adds so much stuff that it's not particularly pretty to look at. Most of the actually good components (Better Trade Screen, Production Queue, etc) are available as separate mods, so I use those.

I guess these reaction answer my question...
For me its quite the oposite. I don't have much time to play anymore, even less so bothering with mods. So i just grab CQUI and i have all the stuff i need plus more. I don't have issues with mod compatibility and so on.
But i guess all your points are valid as well. Each his own thats what mods are all about i guess

Top Bottom