Module - Hiawatha - Native America

remember this guy ?
HIAWATHA

Here is Hiawatha of the Onondaga/Mohawk Iroquois, he was one of the men credited with founding the Iroquois confederacy (along with Deganawida/"the Great Peacemaker"), and was known as a great orator. I am not sure exactly what his traits should be but Charismatic should certainly be one of them. Anyway here he is, thanks to The_Coyote for supplying me with a fix to the background fog, and thanks to Ekmek for the original model.

>>DOWNLOAD<<

Spoiler :

well I need to add a feather or two,
but after painting for the weekend I think
I might have created the legendary
HIAWATHA
Download version 1.0

great start. if you need feathers, I cut out a sitting bull feather and used it in my michael the brave LH. YOu can take it from there and dupliacte it in blender and rotate for the look. the strap can probably be done by taking a head band from some one and rotating and enlarging it and retexturig it. Great start!

Thanks Ek. I'll raid that feather.
I need to get rid of the top crease on Hiawatha's forehead ?
which model has a hair topknot ?

He's indeed similar to the Civ3 one.

Tokugava has a a hair-knot.

cool . I would have taken me a serious brainstorm to think of tokogawa.
it's midnight . sleep. work. mod.

Ya the skin looks nice, I will probably apply the skin to Tuskaloosa later.

I know how the model looks in civ3 obviously, but you might find more distinct things to add to him by looking up more info as well. Just because Sid made it does not mean it can not be better.

Anyway it looks good.

P.S. If you would please after you get the skin looking nice could you send a leaderhead up for others to work with just a bald Indian guy. It would surely help others creating more leaders.

cool I'm glad you like him Johny !
@sniper - the plume would make a mohawk ?
@ Refar - thanks !

Is it wrong to really milk this skin and make 3 LH from it ? I could release a Kojak at the Beech, an Imhotep with Egyptian makeup/neck saucer for JEELEN, and a Hiawatha with Sioux feathers/warpaint for this thread. Bald is beautiful because bald guys can be anything bald .. not bad.

Boadicea also has a tatoo armband that can be used somewhere !

A plume is close to a mohawk :

Attachments

• CrestOrig.png
    CrestOrig.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 228
I dont really think he needs a "Mohawk" to be 100% honest, I always thought that was a sterotype along the same lines as "vikings have horns"
I think, just by adding the little "hair top" that Tokugawa has, in addition to some feathers and a leather vest type clothing.

regardless, he looks very similar to the Civ3 version, which I think would be a good base since it will provide a fairly unique look.

Good Job.

Hey Edgecrusher, was it you who made the siege quinquereme? Because if so, I'd love it if you could repost it (link got damaged on the downloads page, I think).

Also, I'm fond of the old Civ 3 mohawk model, so I say go for it. But I recognize it may not be the most historically accurate.

Looks great :).

Is it wrong to really milk this skin and make 3 LH from it ? I could release a Kojak at the Beech, an Imhotep with Egyptian makeup/neck saucer for JEELEN, and a Hiawatha with Sioux feathers/warpaint for this thread.

Imhotep would be fantastic - though would it be too much to request a dark-skinned version that I could use for Nubia (I know that there's some available, but currently they're based on Ramesses and I'd like one that is quite different to him)?

@ R8XFT - I know what you mean, but that would mean undoing all the facial work I did and as many people would argue for a light skinned Imhotep .. but lucky for you, this skin is really shaka zulu ..
@ seasnake - any Imhotep would be bald to make a distinction for folks like Rob and myself.
@ Edgecrusher - thanks for your interest here.
@ sniper - yes I can put a zip together for you. I could use some help making these models and if you can help, there is plenty to do. \ edit- removed obsolete archive

this guy has a nicer forehead with FDR. progress is good and Johny's bald guy will soon be ready. I'm aiming for ver 1.0 release this eve.

Top Bottom