Monarch Student^ XXVI Joao II

Big Time
Spoiler :

Fair enough so, i guess it would spoil the game for you if you did look. I have started to add an extra AI in most of my offline games, and it dose balance the game, particulary when i play fractal, Big&Small or cointents. I guess i could have used Infantry/Arty against hammy but the problem was that by the time i got to assembly line he had industralism/flight and unless you have numbers tanks/bombers/fighters rip infanrty/arty apart (at least in my experience). I was busy building infrstructure in most of my cities. I guess your right though i should've attacked him earlier. Still i don't feel like reloading right now, mabey i might retry this next week.Looking foward to the next one!

This was weak, even for me :p Loss 1605
Spoiler :
I settled the spice, and it was a good city, however Cyrus expanded right near me and I decided a war would do well, I trained up a good amount of horse archers and catapults, and easily took one of his border cities, then I got guilds and trained knights, but he kept hitting the city I took, so I decided gunpowder would do well to protect the city, but It was too late, and I took my troops out of the city and he took it back, He still wouldn't accept peace, so I quickly built up a force of drill one muskets and combat 1 (and some 2) Knights and trebs, and launched a counterattack, and took the city back I launched an offensive on a not so well protected city and nearly took it, but he destroyed my stack with knights and pikes. He STILL wouldn't accept peace so I knew it was game over.

Geez, what a way to kick off my CFC membership :(

My first take at emperor, and a loss:(

Spoiler :

I blocked off Cyrus early in the game, settling pig/copper and horse/silk close to his borders. The land wasn't good so I decided to kill cyrus with cavalry. I was ready to DoW on him when he peace vassaled to Hammy (doh!). Then, Hammurabi was just too big to handle (vassaled Zara, Vicky and Cyrys), good thing I had him at friendly so he couldn't dow on me.
I bee-lined internet which I managed to get, but it was too late since I was at 6 cities (3 good ones) and he was at 30 cities.He managed to launch a few turns before me.

Monarch, Normal Speed - Lost to Hammy (1934 - Space Vic)

Spoiler :

Settler / Worker spammed to breaking point. Built Gr Lib & Oxford in Capital and made lots of GSc's - this helped me keep up with Hammy, who was already running away with the lead. However, I could only start focusing on my army in the Industrial Age. Took half of Cyrus' cities until I ended up with the same number of cities as Hammy, but his land was MUCH better and he had THREE HOLY CITIES! IMHO, Hammy had too much land and had the opportunity to peacefully expand to his heart's content, and there were not enough war-mongers on the map (I don't think anyone declared war on anyone else until the Industrial Age!)

Still, enjoyed the experience, so GG!

Top Bottom