More downloaded

Easy to check, folks. Definitely the manual and some tweaks to the DLLs and assets (leaders, maps and SQL files to be more precise):

...You call that easy?

Open Steam, go to Library/Downloads, and under misleading tab "PLAY" you see "updated: xx:xMB/xx.xMB" (in my case 17.3MB), and the time it happened. Simple.

The beauty of Steam is that they can release a release patch before release so you don't have to download the release patch on release day.

In other words, once the game is released, it's released. The only time you'll have to download a release patch on release day is if they catch something amazingly bad or the developers are bad with timing.

My French manual has been updated, as well as the English one. That explains the slightly bigger download I got.

I hoped they were giving us Babylon. :)

...You call that easy?

Open Steam, go to Library/Downloads, and under misleading tab "PLAY" you see "updated: xx:xMB/xx.xMB" (in my case 17.3MB), and the time it happened. Simple.

Try restarting Steam and see what happens. Also, try re-reading my post and see if you glean more information from Windows' timestamps than the information presented in Steam.

So yes, it is easy, and it presents far more information.

I got the same thing. It's probably the no-GDR option, the new HAL 9000 AI model, the Spain civ, Mongols too, black-and-not-cloudy fog of war, era-especific leader appearance, town looking trading posts, added Health mechanic, Religion too, extra bonus resources, leaders speaking with native accents accurately portrayed, Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga as Great Artist and, and... free DLC.

Did I miss somehing?

I got the 17mb dl as well. I was looking throught the folders of the preload though and I didn't see Babylon's folder... hmmm, might check it out...

I got the same thing. It's probably the no-GDR option, the new HAL 9000 AI model, the Spain civ, Mongols too, black-and-not-cloudy fog of war, era-especific leader appearance, town looking trading posts, added Health mechanic, Religion too, extra bonus resources, leaders speaking with native accents accurately portrayed, Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga as Great Artist and, and... free DLC.

Did I miss somehing?

You may now retire from the internet, as you have now won. :D

Try restarting Steam and see what happens. Also, try re-reading my post and see if you glean more information from Windows' timestamps than the information presented in Steam.

So yes, it is easy, and it presents far more information.
Fair enough, restarting erases all info.
And obviously looking into the files gives more info, but it seemed to me that quick peek into the Steam is faster. It is, but as you've mentioned only till restart. Thank you.

Edit, ya I got 14.1mb for Civ V but at the top it says total downloaded 6.6mb. Must have been packed.

Originally Posted by Venereus

Did I miss somehing?

You may now retire from the internet, as you have now won. :D

Yeah I give that response a 9.5/10, but of course I'm an internet hack who's paid to hype posts like this and I don't really know anything about the internet at all - I've used it for about 2 hours. Look at all the factual errors in my post! I'm going back to texting which is my true area of expertise.

It would have been 10/10 except for the Lady Gaga thing.

On topic: I won't post the same screenshot as Zimbu, because mine's exactly the same... some tweaking going on ready for DL-day tomorrow methinks

Yeah I give that response a 9.5/10, but of course I'm an internet hack who's paid to hype posts like this and I don't really know anything about the internet at all - I've used it for about 2 hours. Look at all the factual errors in my post! I'm going back to texting which is my true area of expertise.

It would have been 10/10 except for the Lady Gaga thing.

On topic: I won't post the same screenshot as Zimbu, because mine's exactly the same... some tweaking going on ready for DL-day tomorrow methinks

Wait! What if I say they put in Civ III's sountrack? :lol:

Maybe it's the pre-order bonuses they added to people's accounts before the game releases. 10-20 mb sounds reasonable for a civilization / mappack. Dunno....

Did I miss somehing?

Byzantium ;)

Actually, since Firaxis is hinting about Lady Gaga in the manual, it wouldn't surprise me if she turns out to be a Great Artist. And the ninja dinosaurs (or whatever they wrote about) are likely going to be a DLC civilization!

Top Bottom