More downloaded

I was wondering what that "1 Item Completed" was at the bottom of the screen...I just thought it was leftover from when I pre-loaded.

I have the Digital Deluxe and it downloaded 12 MB.

I don't have Digital Deluxe and I got 17 MB. I wonder why the totals are so spread across the board. :confused:

Edit: Oh, and this may be a dumb question, but I've never preordered/preloaded a game via Steam before. Is the preload the entirety of the game files, or only part? That is, will I still have to sit through a fairly long download once the game unlocks at 10 AM EDT tomorrow, or will it just be ready to play? The recommended system requirements want you to have 8 GB of free hard drive space, and the preload was, like, 4.5 GB, right? So... is that everything?

I preloaded days ago... went into steam just now and saw... more stuff loading on.

17 mb. Don't know what it was... will look. Babylonians maybe?

There is a topic about this already. Its a most likely prerelease patch.

Actually, since Firaxis is hinting about Lady Gaga in the manual, it wouldn't surprise me if she turns out to be a Great Artist. And the ninja dinosaurs (or whatever they wrote about) are likely going to be a DLC civilization!

Maybe thats it! Ninja dinosaur! the secret unit!

Just checked: the manual, while downloaded/updated, apparently is still locked. Oh well. :-(

I don't have Digital Deluxe and I got 17 MB. I wonder why the totals are so spread across the board. :confused:

Edit: Oh, and this may be a dumb question, but I've never preordered/preloaded a game via Steam before. Is the preload the entirety of the game files, or only part? That is, will I still have to sit through a fairly long download once the game unlocks at 10 AM EDT tomorrow, or will it just be ready to play? The recommended system requirements want you to have 8 GB of free hard drive space, and the preload was, like, 4.5 GB, right? So... is that everything?

We won't know for sure until it's actually released, but generally speaking a) we need more space than the actual final memory footprint because of temporary memory and such b) steam preloads allow you to download most of the files, sometimes all. I'd say it varies from 90% to 100%.

However, the fact that we got a pre-release patch this late is promising. It'll probably be another similar download tomorrow, maybe a little more for the babylon folks, and then validation and we all get out of dodge.

This is so interesting. It is my first time with a digital pre-order and it is going so smooth! I just went in to tell the family how it was keen that they pre-loaded the patch, too. They all gave me that how-nice-for-you look. Except for the one gamer type who knows exactly how I feel and is laughing at his parental unit yet again.

The preloaded files on your HD are encrypted, as a result they are also compressed. My guess is that explains the difference between 4.5 and 8 GB. I don't expect any major additional downloads on release.

Localizationdatabaseschema.sql
Logos
Civilopedia...
the North v South and East v West maps got updated...
the leaderhead_scene_aux XMLfiles got updated.
C5 benchmark modes,
CvGameDatabase, Localization and Core DLL files were released as well.

And the English Manual was updated ;)

Yeah you're really interested you can check the Civ5 folder in steam: "...Program Files\Steam\steam Apps\common". Then just sort it by modify date, and you can see what changed today. I especially noticed the manual, although you still can't read the one in there :sad:

Top Bottom