More economy simulation features?

Xaviarlol

Warlord
Hey all, Gaz

I'm a big fan of economy simulations and more levers to pull when it comes to growth/economic management.

I would love to see more of this in Vox. Perhaps even building on the Corporations ground work.

Would love to hear other peoples suggestions. Here are mine:

- Military spending / readiness slider. (Call to power had this). The idea would be to maintain certain levels of military readiness, and the higher you go the more expensive unit maintenance. At low readiness your units would have less HP and/or negative strength modifier. In peacetime for example you could slide it back and use those savings towards other things. However if someone declares a surprise war against you and your readiness is low, your army will be weak and it would take a bunch of turns to gradually rebuild readiness.

- Town growth. Use workers to build "on top of" towns to increase their "tier". Higher tier towns simply provide higher yields and more unit supply. This would typically keep a worker busy for 50+ turns. This helps give workers more stuff to do also. Pillaging a town reduces its tier by 1 permanently, so keep them defended!

- Trading on crack. I've always been a fan of a "trade federation" type of playstyle. You could focus your empire on heavily investing in trade infrastructure and make your cities very attractive trade destinations for other civs. In order to achieve this several new features would need to be added, such as a system in which other people's trade routes provide huge growth bonuses to your cities (as well as loads of gold), buildings, policies and units (like the diplomat) that are produced/consumed to boost your trade route destination yields (thus making your cities more attractive trading targets which in turn boosts your yields), and probably a bunch more cool features.

- Tourism providing gold, rather than tourism! Perhaps a policy that allows you to convert tourism for gold income.

- Loans/bonds, including global interest rates system. The idea is to allow you to both lend or borrow gold in a global centralised market. This is useful for issuing debt during war time when things get desperate. The interest rate is determined by several factors, including supply and demand (how many civs are borrowing vs loaning). Create a new world congress action to sanction a civilisation from borrowing or loaning gold.

- Unit projects (modern era+ only). Allow investment in to weapon systems development that unlocks variant units. For example you could start up a project to research the F-15 fighter jet which is a slightly better version of a jet fighter. These projects use up science and gold, and generally are more expensive then not doing them at all in most cases, but are useful if you want higher quality units over mass-qty (supply issues etc).

- Tourism providing gold, rather than tourism! Perhaps a policy that allows you to convert tourism for gold income.
?? As far as I know you get more gold from trading when you're on a more influential level with someone else.

- Loans/bonds, including global interest rates system. The idea is to allow you to both lend or borrow gold in a global centralised market. This is useful for issuing debt during war time when things get desperate. The interest rate is determined by several factors, including supply and demand (how many civs are borrowing vs loaning). Create a new world congress action to sanction a civilisation from borrowing or loaning gold.
We already do this with our DoF buddies with lump sum of gold and GPT.

- Unit projects (modern era+ only). Allow investment in to weapon systems development that unlocks variant units. For example you could start up a project to research the F-15 fighter jet which is a slightly better version of a jet fighter. These projects use up science and gold, and generally are more expensive then not doing them at all in most cases, but are useful if you want higher quality units over mass-qty (supply issues etc).
My World Congress Reformation has projects of a somewhat similar concept.

In short :
No more features.

In detail :
We no longer include new features in Vox Populi. Some ra e exception are done when they significantly increase the balance of the game. Suggestion like those are still welcome, but for modmod, since they will not be included in the base VP.

Top Bottom