More Female Missionaries

I love your units, I like using luckylavs Amazon Civ which uses your units. I have gotten so used to it that not having an amazon civ would kinda suck so I was wondering if you have any plans to do and modding for Civ5? I've been waiting to see what pops up as far as mods and if i saw an amazon mod, That'd pretty much decide it for me.

I love your units, I like using luckylavs Amazon Civ which uses your units. I have gotten so used to it that not having an amazon civ would kinda suck so I was wondering if you have any plans to do and modding for Civ5? I've been waiting to see what pops up as far as mods and if i saw an amazon mod, That'd pretty much decide it for me.
Thank you, I'm glad to hear that you like these units so much.

Unfortunately I don't have any plans for modding Civ5 at the moment. Maybe if Gods & Kings turns out well and the price for the whole pack is alright after some time I might take a look at the game.

Please, I have a question . I edited some years ago Missionaries themselves. ( Not so good as yours :) ) Now, years later , I turned on the animation and see that my druid redone from Christian after mision generates overhead cross. I edited the dds but there 's still a cross. Can you tell me where and what still needs to be set? thank you

The effects are separate .nif files, plugged in by the game when the animation plays. They are defined within Civ4EffectInfos.xml.

The position is determined by a dummy EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_CRISTIAN (or so) within the units .nif file. The name here does not matter, it's a placeholder;
Which effect actually plays is set in the ....activate.kf animation file. If you load it in Nifscope, you have to find a NiTextKeyExtraData node, open it, then open the Text Keys nodes it has inside. One of these Text keys will be something like this:
EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_CRISTIAN:EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_CRISTIAN
Where the formatting is NAME_OF_THE_DUMMY:NAME_OF_THE_ATTACHED_EFFECT
So you will be wanting to have something like this:
EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_CRISTIAN:EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_DRUID
And have a EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_DRUID properly defined in the said EffectInfos.xml.

I might be forgetting some detail, but in general it's how effects work.
You can also take a look at Jarm for reference, we had effects working there (and one for Druids as well).

The effects are separate .nif files, plugged in by the game when the animation plays. They are defined within Civ4EffectInfos.xml.

The position is determined by a dummy EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_CRISTIAN (or so) within the units .nif file. The name here does not matter, it's a placeholder;
Which effect actually plays is set in the ....activate.kf animation file. If you load it in Nifscope, you have to find a NiTextKeyExtraData node, open it, then open the Text Keys nodes it has inside. One of these Text keys will be something like this:
EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_CRISTIAN:EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_CRISTIAN
Where the formatting is NAME_OF_THE_DUMMY:NAME_OF_THE_ATTACHED_EFFECT
So you will be wanting to have something like this:
EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_CRISTIAN:EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_DRUID
And have a EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_DRUID properly defined in the said EffectInfos.xml.

I might be forgetting some detail, but in general it's how effects work.
You can also take a look at Jarm for reference, we had effects working there (and one for Druids as well).
:agree:
Maybe it will help you to take my female druid missionary as an example. In fact, I think her ...activate.kf should also work fine for a male counterpart.

EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_CRISTIAN:EFFECT_MISSIONAR Y_ACTIVE_DRUID
it is perfect :)
I wrote:
EFFECT_MISSIONARY_ACTIVE_DRUID:EFFECT_MISSIONAR Y_ACTIVE_DRUID
It was error. My mistake. Thanks
Hroch

Top Bottom