More Increases in Player Participation

returning player

That'll be me as soon As I figure out how to install these patches. And play a practice match on 1.29f.

Phillip_martin
can you check what gotm I've participated in ??? Or is there a section for me to check ?

FriendlyFire said:
returning player
can you check what gotm I've participated in ??? Or is there a section for me to check ?
I just checked using the global rankings page to check 7 games at a time (this isn't really what it's intended for!). Your last game was quite a while ago, GOTM3! (see the results page).

Welcome .. I've checked the live database, and gotm3 is the only one where I find your name, or anything like it. Waaay before my time! Conquest victory in 2007 AD, Firaxis 3473

Hmmm...the global rankings show I was AWOL for GOTM 22-28. I didn't realize it was that long.

Anyway, my comment as a returning player is that some of them there GOTM's were pretty darn hard. It is a bummer to spend 12+ hours on a game only to realize you've made some critical mistakes somewhere around hour 4.

In GOTM30 I spend too much effort expanding before realizing I should have been taking the English island. Despite the veiled hint, I did not realize the jeopardy caused by the lack of lux (and resources) on the home islands. Cute lambs fill the belly but not the heart, eh? The game crashed in the middle of my war longbow vs. cav war against Liz, and I simply lost interest.

When the game is designed to highlight strategic issues it would be kind to make the more pedestrian players aware of the pitfalls. In the GOTM31 Conquest game knowledge of the map could be much more valuable than the extra units.

Thanks.

I remember playing serveral gotms.:confused: (probably didnt submitt them)

What finally stopped me playing was the seriously unsustable build of civ (1.01). Especially towards the end game. The forums were flooded with people with the same problems.

Yes Iam well aware of the EVIL gotm designer. One has to fight Tooth and nail for scares resources. Then finally gaining control of it only to have it expire a short time later, :cry:

Hello guys,
Not that I am an egocentric but howcome I can not find myself in the players roster?
I think that I have already (including the April GOTM30) submited at least five or six games. :crazyeye:

ohhhh, now I see - it is untill GOTM20, Spain is that it?
That should explain it all...

Top Bottom