More Luxuries

the mod is broken, at least in the civ donut map. it removes all the luxuries

1. Post your Lua log.
2. Does the mod work on other maps?

Hi

First of all let me start by saying that this mod looks amazing - love the new resources!

I've started using this with the Community Patch Project (meaning that it's also the version provided with CPP but I suspect it's better to ask here) and would like to ask a question on tweaking it.

I've been looking at the map script but I have very little knowledge of these scripts and it's huge!

What I would like to do is raise the number of individual resources that's generated, e.g. keep the total number of resources generated on a specific map size constand while distributing it over more resources.

Is this possible and how would I do it?

Thx in advance!

\Skodkim

Can I request honey to be added as a luxury? Before sugar was produced in the medieval period, honey was one of the primary sweeteners of the ancient world. It's been a staple luxury of human diets for thousands of years, even before cities were settled. I suggest +1 food +1 gold with another +1 gold from improving with a plantation. Bias to spawn in grasslands without forest.

If you have a problem with ivory spawning too far north, why not just have hairy elephants in the tundra? :)

If you have a problem with ivory spawning too far north, why not just have hairy elephants in the tundra? :)

That would be a mammoth tusk :lol::lol::lol: (two bad puns for the price of one!)

... I'll get my coat ...

I think Gedemo actually has a civ with Mammoth tusks as a luxury resource...

I have the same problem, and here's a lua log when I tried running just More Luxuries.

Is this the Terra map that comes with More Lux, or is it the default? More Lux uses a special Terra map.

Is this the Terra map that comes with More Lux, or is it the default? More Lux uses a special Terra map.

I think I chose the normal Terra map, not that one. Previously I tried using the normal Continents map and still the luxuries don't appear :confused:
Does it need a special map to run or did I do something wrong?
I found the Terra map that came with More Lux on my mods folder but there are no options to choose that Terra map, only the original one appeared

I think I chose the normal Terra map, not that one. Previously I tried using the normal Continents map and still the luxuries don't appear :confused:
Does it need a special map to run or did I do something wrong?
I found the Terra map that came with More Lux on my mods folder but there are no options to choose that Terra map, only the original one appeared

You have to move maps from the MODS folder to the Maps folder; I'm not sure why it wouldn't work on Continents, though.

You have to move maps from the MODS folder to the Maps folder; I'm not sure why it wouldn't work on Continents, though.

idk why but civ5 works well without the current version of more lux
when I used the previous version (the one with the newly introduced Perfume and etc.), it works, but why wouldn't it work with this one?

But I'm curious about this line here:
[Sun Apr 3 19:39:53 2016] Runtime Error: \Users\iIrfan\Library\Application Support\Civilization V Campaign Edition\MODS\More Luxuries (v 155) (1)\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua:8191: attempt to compare nil with number
stack traceback:
\Users\iIrfan\Library\Application Support\Civilization V Campaign Edition\MODS\More Luxuries (v 155) (1)\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua:8191: in function 'AssignLuxuryToRegion'
\Users\iIrfan\Library\Application Support\Civilization V Campaign Edition\MODS\More Luxuries (v 155) (1)\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua:8400: in function 'AssignLuxuryRoles'
\Users\iIrfan\Library\Application Support\Civilization V Campaign Edition\MODS\More Luxuries (v 155) (1)\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua:10950: in function 'PlaceResourcesAndCityStates'
Assets\Maps\Terra.lua:1142: in function 'StartPlotSystem'
Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\Lua\MapGenerator.lua:815: in function <Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\Lua\MapGenerator.lua:779>
=[C]: ?

Why does it say runtime error? Is it a problem with my Civ or is it the mod?

idk why but civ5 works well without the current version of more lux
when I used the previous version (the one with the newly introduced Perfume and etc.), it works, but why wouldn't it work with this one?

But I'm curious about this line here:
[Sun Apr 3 19:39:53 2016] Runtime Error: \Users\iIrfan\Library\Application Support\Civilization V Campaign Edition\MODS\More Luxuries (v 155) (1)\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua:8191: attempt to compare nil with number
stack traceback:
\Users\iIrfan\Library\Application Support\Civilization V Campaign Edition\MODS\More Luxuries (v 155) (1)\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua:8191: in function 'AssignLuxuryToRegion'
\Users\iIrfan\Library\Application Support\Civilization V Campaign Edition\MODS\More Luxuries (v 155) (1)\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua:8400: in function 'AssignLuxuryRoles'
\Users\iIrfan\Library\Application Support\Civilization V Campaign Edition\MODS\More Luxuries (v 155) (1)\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua:10950: in function 'PlaceResourcesAndCityStates'
Assets\Maps\Terra.lua:1142: in function 'StartPlotSystem'
Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\Lua\MapGenerator.lua:815: in function <Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\Lua\MapGenerator.lua:779>
=[C]: ?

Why does it say runtime error? Is it a problem with my Civ or is it the mod?

Runtime error just means that the Lua code has encountered an error. More interestingly:

Code:
\Users\iIrfan\Library[COLOR="Red"]\Application Support\Civilization V Campaign Edition\[/COLOR]MODS\More Luxuries (v 155)\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua:8191: in function 'AssignLuxuryToRegion'

Mac people, is this normal? Perhaps it is a problem with Macs, or your copy of Civ.

Runtime error just means that the Lua code has encountered an error. More interestingly:

Code:
\Users\iIrfan\Library[COLOR="Red"]\Application Support\Civilization V Campaign Edition\[/COLOR]MODS\More Luxuries (v 155)\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua:8191: in function 'AssignLuxuryToRegion'

Mac people, is this normal? Perhaps it is a problem with Macs, or your copy of Civ.

yea it's normal, I'm worrying I might have a problem with my civ application itself :cry:

yea it's normal, I'm worrying I might have a problem with my civ application itself :cry:

Well, the fact it's the "Campaign Edition" seems odd, but that might just be Apple being a pain. Perhaps try verifying integrity? Or just clearing cache. That'd help too.

irfantheguy, make sure you're using the latest version of the game -- and expansion. Many users have been playing with old version and asking for help. I'm not sure why players aren't updating there games (well, I have some guesses).

During regional luxury assignments, the game is looking for a luxury that doesn't exist within your game. It's probably cocoa, since it was added to the base game in v 1.0.3.276. I removed its addition in my own mod, so if you're not updated, it's looking for cocoa and you won't have it. This crashes things and no luxuries are placed on any of the maps.

As for the Mac version, and Civ V Campaign Edition (my first time hearing about this), I have no experience with it and can't really help there; hopefully it's not an issue.

I would add a version requirement or other slicker methods to help prevent this now, but I stopped working on Civ 5 a long time ago; I don't even have it installed (I just keep backed-up copies of some of its files for reference).

EDIT: Thanks for helping, Chrisy.

Do I have to somehow enable mod ? When I load up a game vs AI none of the luxuries appears, like literally, nor original ones nor those from mod

Do I have to somehow enable mod ? When I load up a game vs AI none of the luxuries appears, like literally, nor original ones nor those from mod

Are you going through the mod menu and activating the mod before starting a game?

I've recently been able to add Cocoa and Bison to the World Builder SDK and they show up with their icons instead of that ugly red and white chequered square. However, is there anyway to add these the icons and art from More Luxuries to the WB SDK too?

Any help appreciated.

Edit: Barathor, do you plan on returning to mod Civ VI?

I've recently been able to add Cocoa and Bison to the World Builder SDK and they show up with their icons instead of that ugly red and white chequered square. However, is there anyway to add these the icons and art from More Luxuries to the WB SDK too?

Any help appreciated.

Edit: Barathor, do you plan on returning to mod Civ VI?

Nevermind, I found out how to do this. Copy and pasting the SV_resourcename.dds file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Resource\DX9 folder.

Nevermind, I found out how to do this. Copy and pasting the SV_resourcename.dds file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Resource\DX9 folder.

Thanks for this. It's been driving me nuts for years... but not so much that I could be bothered to figure it out :D

Top Bottom