More Terrains / Terrain Features / Bonus Ressources [IMPLEMENTED]

I see the Gator there, but it's not animated (there's no .kfm listed in the xml), ...
There's actually no animations for the anaconda, the great white shark, or the Orca.
They are really old and in those days almost nobody knew how to animate. :)
(Something like 10 years at least. But you are correct, I should ask @MightyToad or check for other mods.)

At any rate, your resource pack is the best of any mod ever!
There is work of lots of modders in that mod. :grouphug:
(And as I said it has been worked on for about 14 years.)

Last edited:
As to the Goose, I just hadn't used the fx version, but yes, the anims work with that nif. BTS modders do sometimes just use only an fx, but it's not typical and they don't usually still include the base nif when they do, so you guys fooled me!

Oh, I hadn't looked at your wild animals. I see the Gator there, but it's not animated (there's no .kfm listed in the xml), which seems odd to have a static wild animal (not very scary...more like scarecrow).

There's actually no animations for the anaconda, the great white shark, or the Orca. Animations for the two aquatic animals would probably be easy for MightyToad to rig up, but off the top of my head I can't think of an animation that would work for the snake--but Toad probably could!...

Some predators hunt from a hiding place. A snake in the high grass of the prairie or a giant snake hanging from a tree in a jungle ought to be only seen when it strikes (e.g. a unit tries to enter the square). An alligator in the water usually would be only a tiny pair of harmless looking nostrils piercing the surface of the water. No dancing and prancing to warn the colonists - only a row of sharp teeth making clear where civilization ends and wilderness rules...

No dancing and prancing to warn the colonists ...
But there are also no animations when they are moving. (All other animals we have are animated.)
It really looks a bit strange and I have asked @MightyToad if he could animate them.

Without animations, the monsters will just stand there looking at you, as still as statues, while you hit them. Not very exciting or scary...or you'll die and yet the monster never even moved.

Without animations, the monsters will just stand there looking at you, as still as statues, while you hit them. Not very exciting or scary...or you'll die and yet the monster never even moved.
As I said, I fully agree that they should be animated and I already asked for help to get them animated. :)
That is all I can do for now, so let us simply wait if somebody finds the time.

Last edited:
There's an important animal from the original that's not yet represented in the new Col: Elk (the 'game' terrain).
Maybe we could find a graphics guy that could do a reskin of a caribou?

I don't wish to be contrarian, but they're really NOT the same. Moose are essentially the Giraffes of North America. They are 500 lbs larger than elk.

Regular deer: 500 lbs (227 kg)
Reindeer: 700 lbs (318 kg)
Elk: 1200 lbs (544 kg)
Moose: 1800 lbs (816 kg)

Check these out:
and also

Reactions: nci
Sorry guys,

I was sick the last days, so only very few updates. :)
Now I start feeling better and can also concentrate longer again.

Thus I started to actually integrate all the graphics I had created into the game.
(Lots of XML to write.)

Hey Ray, I saw you have a pineapple recource - are you ready to share it? I am looking for a one, and in Civ4 there is none. I would also edit it and make it look more like e real pineapple-tree and then re-upload it, if you like.
Good job, the things you do look quite interestring. I is a pity I can't use all of them in my you.
Concerning the pineapple tree, I think this should look different, maybe the whole tree a bit lower (so only a short part of the tree and the leaves are visible) with only one single pineapple on the top.

Hey Ray, I saw you have a pineapple recource - are you ready to share it?
Sure, everything I do I can share. :)
I have attached it as rar archives to this post.

But you can also get the latest internal development branch from GIT.
(There is lots of other stuff considering graphics in there as well.)

--> Click on the green "CODE" button and then select "Download ZIP"
(It is pretty massiv so it will take a while 1GB+ but again there is lots of stuff in it.)

If you are just interested in the graphic it should work fine.
(Otherwise there are still some bugs and open todos in that branch.)

Attachments

• Pine_Apple.rar
    45.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Pine_Apple_Button_and_ArdDef_XML.rar
    2.9 KB · Views: 28
Thank you, Ray.
I have attached my reworked Pineapple, so the fruits are now more close to the ground. I did not test it ingame yet, so I am not sure how it will work with the banana.kfm.
But it should be a bit more realistic. If it does not work, I will change it after testing ingame.

Attachments

• Pine_Apple2.7z
    34.4 KB · Views: 27
I have attached my reworked Pineapple
Thanks, I checked them ingame.
They have been working fine. :thumbsup:

By the way:
You destroyed my illusion of these majestic pineapple palms. :hmm:
Now when I think of pineapples I just see these tiny pitty bushes ...

Still I uploaded them to our GIT of course, if that is how pineapples look.
Otherwise I will hear forever that Pineapples do not look like that. :)

Yes, pineapples grow near the ground, with one single fruit on the top.

That's why I changed it. Sorry about the illusion I killed.:blush: Otherwise I am glad that they look different, as there are much ressources using this tree (just with other fruits), so it is more easy the differ them.

Thanks, I checked them ingame.
They have been working fine. :thumbsup:

By the way:
You destroyed my illusion of these majestic pineapple palms. :hmm:
Now when I think of pineapples I just see these tiny pitty bushes ...

Still I uploaded them to our GIT of course, if that is how pineapples look.
Otherwise I will hear forever that Pineapples do not look like that. :)

Who knows? Pineapples exist in a variety of sorts even today and nowadays mass market variants used in plantations might look very different both as fruit and as plant from the wild plant that once originated in South America.
It is not even from Hawai´i where most people I know (including myself) thought it comes from, but was only introduced there in the 18th century by the spanish and became known as the symbol of Hawai´i only after the Dole company mass produced it in plantations in the 19th century (needing lots of workers, which lead to lots of migration there, which encouraged the annexation of Hawai´i to the US to prevent tax barriers that would hinder their export...). It is so strongly connected with Hawai´i because in 1947 it produced 85% of the worlds pineapple production...

And even the variant grown in Hawai´i was not a pity bush but could grow rather high, e.g. almost mansized:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/03/4f/2e/...a77d--pineapple-plantation-vintage-hawaii.jpg

And for your massive, impressive pine apple trees:
https://victoriancollections.net.au/items/578f59aad0cdd415001c59f4

Can I get the Canada Goose somewhere? I want to add them as a water ressource (it is difficult for me to add land ressources, because the map is alreasy very full of them, but water birds are missing, and till now I do not have so many water ressources).

I didn't find any info about making swamps/wetlands. Now when it is useful to have a wetlands/marsh, maybe pioneers could have a task to make it possible?

Top Bottom