Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Mehmed II

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Qin Shi Huang

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Brennus

Votes: 7 4.1%

• Total voters
Monty and Shaka for sure. Others can also be bad, but these two are the most scary.

Currently I'm playing a game were I started in the middle of a wide continent with above me the irritating isolation-freak Tokugawa, who obviously was my first target. If that wasn't bad enough I had to the right of me Hannibal, who can be quite aggressive, and to the left both Monty and Shaka. I'm currently fighting Hannibal, but I expect a backstab from either Monty or Shaka at my left flank any minute now. :lol:

I rarely have problems with Genghis, Hannibal, Brennus, and Mehmed. You can't tick them off to be sure, but they are pretty manageable in my experience. Brennus and Mehmed, just be sure not to have a different religion.

Shaka and Monty of course are the worst in my experience, with Shaka being a serious danger and Monty being psychotic. Alex can be troublesome as he is a backstabber and even at pleased you don't know what he's going to do (he's a nice attack dog at friendly though). Kublai gives me more trouble than Genghis actually. If he sees you're without metal, he's all over you like a dirty shirt. I also voted Napoleon. He won't hit you early, but if you leave him alone til the Renaissance, he better be your buddy or he's gonna hit you with an insane amount of cavalry. Refuse his demand for tribute at your own peril. Finally, I also voted Ragnar. He won't always DoW on you, but when he does, he is persistent and can be troublesome since, being financial, he has the economy to support and upgrade a large army.

IDK why, but dear queen Eliz ALWAYS betray my trust and attack me. Here is how it happened last time:

She is "friendly" towards me but wont trade technology (first sign)
She asked me to stop trading w/another friendly neighbor, I refused. (now she is only "pleased")
1 turn later, her knights ran over half a dozen of my workers and declared war.

Monty defintiely seems to be winning. And deservedly too- if there's one person who always will declare war on you, it'd be him.

I seem to be the only one to vote for Kublai so far- maybe it's only me who he hates? (Edit: there's two votes when this was posted).

And I've played a number of Warlords games and not seen Stalin as an AI once...

Even though Shaka is the one leader I always keep my eye on during games and always end up having problems with, I have to say that I myself am the most aggressive leader in my games.

Even though Shaka is the one leader I always keep my eye on during games and always end up having problems with, I have to say that I myself am the most aggressive leader in my games.

Well that's taken as granted for most players :lol:

Uberfrog the only game I've played where Khublai was anything but a bug that got wiped out, he was my coreally, so maby I just havent realized what a monster he is?

I was the other one who voted for Kublai. He's dowed on me enough times that i keep a wary eye on him. I've had Genghis dow on me the very odd time, but mostly he just does...nothing in my games.

I never seem to have any problems with Kublai, or Genghis...

Monty's definitely the most aggressive though. I've never had Shaka attack me though... :confused:

I only find Issy to be nuts if I have a different religion from her, which I never do if I see her around. That or she is pushing daisies before she becomes a problem :lol:

I've never had Shaka attack me though...

You're very lucky! The guy is a TANK. Unlike Monty, he actually knows how to cause some serious problems and he usually has a MASSIVE power graph. And he has that kind of a power graph a couple eras before say Napoleon has his massive power spike (renaissance). In my games now I have two approaches: 1) Shaka dies early; or 2) Shaka is my best friend forever

What? Is this even a question? It's Monty, no doubt. If there's a crazed leader, it's him. He want to cap you. He want to cap ME!! HE WANT TO CAP US ALL!!

Altrough Shaka is close. But he's more deadly. He loves to submit lots of Vassals near my border and try to do everything so I declare war to one of his vassals.

Yeah, Izzy's never attacked me but she gets mad over religion easily...
And i've noticed that an' all, Shaka's always got tons of vassals... :confused:

• Montsy - Most aggressive, the key is keep your rating not too low and befriend him early, then he's quite easy to be bribed to war with others, so actually he's not the worse. If you can hold him up till after medieval, he is so backward and you can throw him bones once in a while to keep him busy and harass other AIs.
  • Shaka , Ghenghis Khan and Caesar - all a bit more "under control" than Montsy and can be more dangerous. Tend to build up army in crazy amount before or near classical era. Impi and Keshiks may cause a bit damages. Kill them or contain them.
  • Alex and Napolean - They are really bad backstabbers. If their power rating is higher than yours, they will attack even they are "pleased". Napolean is also a notorious jexk who demands every little thing. Highly recommended to finish them off even they are your "friends"
  • Brennus, Mehmed, Isabel - as long as you don't have different religions, they are fine. Isabel is always technologically backward so can be ignored. Mehmed, on the other hand, will tech well later so he should be finished off. BTW he does not know how to use his powerful janissaries
  • Louis - like Napolean, just a bit tamer. I guess Firaxis people really hate French and made both leaders sentimental jexks. Better finish him off as well. Peter similar to him, but at least willing to trade.
  • Watch out Mansa and Catherine - especially Mansa, in some games they can suddenly turn nasty in the mid-game.

hey, you didnt put all the leaders in. What about Gandhi and Asoka?

You guys have never seen a mad Gandhi is like, when I try to ask him for cease fire, he replied "Peace, forget it" :mischief:

Top Bottom