Most backstabing Ai in the Game?

Hakuoh

Warlord
For me its russia..
Cathrine is always a arround war and she even likes you when you take her citys..
Also her ICS makes it hard to keep up with her.

In second place is Enland for me.
Shes like Catherine but a bit more friendly.

Catherine for sure. Always wanting to DOF early, only to attack you a bit later on.

Elizabeth on the other hand tends to be openly hostile from the start, Alexander too.

Every single one. Even ghandi and ethiopia does it.

Ai is designed to play as a human player who wants to win not verry amusing if you ask me

Backstabbing as in "pretend friendship"? That's Germany; but a few others are close.

Augustus seems to be the most fond of ACTUAL backstabs, (DoW while DoF) but practically anyone who isn't a peaceful civ is fond of feigning friendship.

Alexander.

He's sneaky about it too. He'll dow, then after a while make peace. And then he'll pretend to be your best friend ever. Then after 20 turns he'll dow again with no warning. And this cycle usually continues forever until you destroy him or weaken him so bad he can never recover.

Any AI that shares borders with me. If you box in Gandhi enough, even he will backstab. The AI is programmed to do so when it needs/wants to expand and you are in the way.

For the most phony attempt at it, I'd say France or Rome. It is almost like clockwork for those guys: Sign declaration of friendship; a few turns later, see enemy military moving towards you.

Never had much of a problem with Germany or Russia. Russia in particular has consistently been one of my better RA partners. Catherine seems to realize a fulfilled RA is going to be more beneficial than a failed war :D

Catherine seems to realize a fulfilled RA is going to be more beneficial than a failed war :D

Historically Russia doesn't fight wars of aggression too often. But if you invade Russia, then you better watch out!

In my games, it's usually Alexander, Elizabeth, or Maria Theresa, but Dido probably would rank up there if she ever managed to survive in a significant manner into the mid-game, as she's always vaguely (read: ineffectually) threatening after long periods of supposed friendship.

Historically Russia doesn't fight wars of aggression too often. But if you invade Russia, then you better watch out!

She has expansion and science flavors at 8 where war is 4 and loyalty is 6. Compared to France who has a war of 8 and loyalty of 3 :mischief: I think those who run into trouble with her is probably more to do with being in the way of her expansion than just being a jerk.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12250661&postcount=2

Kind of surprised Hiawatha doesn't have an expansion rating of over 9,000.

Always Napolean; he seems friendly at first towards me, but he always does some passive aggressive crap that annoys me to no end. Like sending great prophets of his religion into my area just to annoy me, or purposely settling in lands next to me, even if I wasn't planning on directly settling on those lands.

Or he'll amass a huge empire, and get all pissy at me because I decided to expand my borders or settle a land he 'had his eyes on' and denounce me.

God forbid I try to set up any sort of trade relations or research agreements with him either. He will get all pissy and refuse to do any thing when I offer it, and than as soon as he wants something he'll ask for a ton of my resources in exchange for something I don't even need; like crabs for gold, iron, tons of money straight up and for each turn. If I don't give into these demands he'll continue to denounce me and eventually go to war with me.

When ever he gets land happy I always make a point of taking his cities and just giving them away to other nations who are in need.

For me; Wu Zetian, Elizabeth and Alexander.

Wu and Lizzy always hate me, right off the bat. And the crazy thing is they are usually on the opposite side of the Pangaea or on the other continent. As soon as I meet them they are usually guarded.

Within 10 turns they start talking smack and usually go hostile and I haven't said boo to them. Every game too. They just don't like how I roll I guess :D But at least I know if I see them in a game I know there will almost always be war.

Alex is the dewchbag who always rides up on his horse all friendly like and I think, hmm maybe this time will be different.... nope...

Isn't the likelihood of backstabbing an actual stat the leaders have? If I recall correctly Dido has the highest value in it.

Definitely Dido, nothing good comes from interacting with Carthage at all. Just never speak to them XD Just say hrm hrm you may go away now Dido. Never agree to anything.

Dido is #1 backstabber!

Strange, I have never had Greece backstab me. I find them to be one of the most trustworthy civs in the game together with Mongolia, Denmark and Sweden.

Greece can be very very hard to become friends with though.

Top Bottom