• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Most times a city has changed hands?

farting bob

ThEy MaDe Me Do iT.
Whats the most times youve had a city change hands in your game?
My record is 7.
A aztec city originally, culture flipped to me in a regent game (1), then in a war it was taken back by the aztecs (2), who then lost it to the inca's (3), who then lost it to me (4). I then lost it back to the inca's 2 turns later (5), who were defeated by the aztecs (6). Then my only source of oil went pop, and it was the nearest city with some, so i had to retake it (7). By that time i was dominant and was not going to give it up!
So thats 7 switches, involving 3 civs, and a switch in every era!
How many times have you had 1 city change hands?

I saw a city switch nationalities four or five times during an unusually long AI war (it was at times at world war...it lasted from the middle to the modern age). The city was Chengdu, I know as I named one of my ships after it to honor the citizens for surviving so much war. :lol:

5 times.

I steal Washington from the Americans, then it culture flips back, then I steal it again, and it flips back, so then I burn it. So 5.

4. Byzantines make Adrianople
Arabs capture Adrianople
I capture Arianople.
Byzantines get Adrianople back.

Can't say with certainty, but I vaguely remeber an AI city changing color four times in three turns.

Well, if it doesn't have to be my city, then soo many times that I lost track.

Aztecs take Oil Springs.
Iroquis take Oil Springs.
Aztecs take Oil Springs.
Aztecs take Oil Springs.
<Continues on for a while longer.>
French take Oil Springs from Aztecs.
Aztecs take Oil Springs.
Aztecs take Oil Springs.

Peace is signed.

French take Oil Springs much later, and hold it.

Top Bottom