Mp - ai?

master__jj

Chieftain
Hi,
me and my friend had a nice tradition of playing civ IV on my lan every sunday. Civ V was a disappoinment: no animations, but especially a very lame AI: leaders did not talk to you, civs didn't even try to defend themselves. Horrible, because Civ IV could really test us. This was a month ago. My question: is the AI the same as SP AI? Or is it dumbed down?

This is the main reason why I highly regret buying civ5. Why they ruined the multiplayer ai by turning into little more than a placeholder for another player to join is beyond me.

I used to have a tradition with a friend playing civ 3 and civ 4 against computer ai... it was FUN using diplomacy to try and game the ai against each other ... now the game feels like some moronic deathmatch.

Okay, so yeah, I can either find a bunch of people who also play civ5 (him and I are our only friends who do...) or find online opponents who well ... honestly, play the game like a deathmatch game. It's boring.

Just don't wait them to propose deals. When you want a deal, call them. I find the AI more aggressive in mp than sp mde(which is better than the opposite).

Well you can t do anything about the bad AI programming. If you cant change something, adapt and do the best of the situation at hand. And in the case of civV that is playing without involving any stupid AI in any way. (no bars no city states and no AI players)

I find the AI to be the same as the SP AI. They'll never contact you, but that doesn't really make a huge difference to the normal game. Been playing on Immortal Pangea with some friends, and the AI has even got the better of all of us a few times! We sometimes play all human, but when there are only three of us around it's not really that fun.

The only comment I'd really make is that paying the AI to declare war on a human is a bit cheap. I imagine it considers relative army sizes somewhere in the equation, without taking into account a human can do a lot better with the same units. It's starting to get a bit silly, so I think we're going to have to house rule in a fix.

Top Bottom