Multi-City Plots

RenaissanceFan

Warlord
I think allowing more than one city to work a plot should be implemented, perhaps only in the needed areas though.
However, there is one case that I think it's indispensable: Tarsus, Antioch and Aleppo, since they overlap 6 tiles in each other's radius.
Result is, none of them don't get past population 6, they get a horribly low production, and so on.
Expanding the Hanseatic League to them helps, but I think it's not enough. Also, no HL on Aleppo...

Historically, all of them were relatively large, so, what do you think about this idea?

Just a few days ago, this was discussed, but as a new UP for the Dutch. The problem is that it requires a huge amount of code. It will even require more code if it would only be aviable to certain areas. To solve this problem, it could be for the whole map, but than the balance is ruined.

This would require way too much work and I am not sure if it is doable.

I say "It can't be done", unless you can show a mod where people have already done it. If someone else has figured it out, then I will naturally look into it.

It will even require more code if it would only be aviable to certain areas. To solve this problem, it could be for the whole map, but than the balance is ruined.

Perhaps allowing only certain provinces?

I say "It can't be done", unless you can show a mod where people have already done it. If someone else has figured it out, then I will naturally look into it.

I'll search for something like that.

Perhaps allowing only certain provinces?

That's the problem. It's much easier to allow it on the whole map than a part of the map. (in this case, provinces)

I don't find that overlapping city tiles would be a good idea. Even if you magaage to program it, this could lead to other problems noone thinks of at the moment. There are better ways to solve the problem. Food resources for example, or in the case of the dutch, i think the UP of Kiev would fit them very well, as it doesnt overpower the area for other players. Kiev gets extra food on the citytile in every city.

I don't find that overlapping city tiles would be a good idea. Even if you magaage to program it, this could lead to other problems noone thinks of at the moment. There are better ways to solve the problem. Food resources for example, or in the case of the dutch, i think the UP of Kiev would fit them very well, as it doesnt overpower the area for other players. Kiev gets extra food on the citytile in every city.

Agreed on everything
The Aleppo area can be solved with a few additional food resources
The dutch territories are a thougher question, as we only want that area to be extremely good after the dutch spawn - to be able to get some relatively big cities even if they are crumped.
Adding Kiev's UP for them as hidden UP is probably a good idea. The only negative thing I can imagine is that this is easily noticeable, and most players won't get a clue why is this as it won't appear in anywhere officially in the mod
The other easy solution is, that we have "appearing" resources in the mod:
We can add (or remove) resources in the map in certain dates

Agreed on everything
The Aleppo area can be solved with a few additional food resources
The dutch territories are a thougher question, as we only want that area to be extremely good after the dutch spawn - to be able to get some relatively big cities even if they are crumped.
Adding Kiev's UP for them as hidden UP is probably a good idea. The only negative thing I can imagine is that this is easily noticeable, and most players won't get a clue why is this as it won't appear in anywhere officially in the mod
The other easy solution is, that we have "appearing" resources in the mod:
We can add (or remove) resources in the map in certain dates

Adding/removing resources is something we need to do a bit more. Especially for the Dutch, some extra fish after 1580 or something else like that could be very useful.

Adding/removing resources is something we need to do a bit more. Especially for the Dutch, some extra fish after 1580 or something else like that could be very useful.

That's a great idea

Is it possible to introduce the dates from SoI as extra food resource for Aleppo and around the Levant and Egypt?

Also maybe apples for Tarsus and Antioch and around Anatolia / Turkey?

I toyed with the idea of adding extra food resources
But as we don't want to have additional health, Apples, Dates, Citrus or any similar resources would only grant +1-2 food on the tile, nothing else

I know its not the same subject but i think it is similar.When we vassalize someone their borders completelyloose to our ones.So this destroys vassalized cities close to our borders.What if a vassalized civ can use our plots to work them if we dont work them?I dont know if this will be easy to code though.Or maybe they dont loose their cross if it is not overlappin with ours.

I know its not the same subject but i think it is similar.When we vassalize someone their borders completelyloose to our ones.So this destroys vassalized cities close to our borders.What if a vassalized civ can use our plots to work them if we dont work them?I dont know if this will be easy to code though.Or maybe they dont loose their cross if it is not overlappin with ours.

Agreed, I always considered the border changes on vassalization overpowered
Getting all tiles in the city radius as new borders when vassalizing someone should be changed - it's easily exploitable by the player.

Instead of that I think we should implement this into the culture modifiers per province mechanics: you get your vassal's culture modifiers in all the provinces in which their's is bigger
I.E: in the vassal's core provinces the master also get's the 2* culture modifier, in their OK provinces the master doesn't get cultural disadvantage even if it's unstable for the master, etc.

This way you won't get cultural advantage against your vassal, but don't get any drawbacks in the contested provinces either. I find this more realistic for RFCE
Also, you have a relative bonus against all the other civs in these areas
And this doesn't seem hard to implement at all
3Miro, what do you think?

And this doesn't seem hard to implement at all
3Miro, what do you think?

It isn't hard to implement, but it would be slow. Every time you add culture to a tile, you need to check not only for the modifiers of the original player, but also find all the vassals and check for their provinces as well.

What is the general problem, vassals can culture push the master, master can culture push the vassal, master gets culture bonus for pushing into the provinces of the vassal.

I don't think it is reasonable for Spain to get extra culture push against Cordoba, simply because they are the master of Portugal (or something of that nature).

Leoreth worked on that for Dawn of Civilization. I don't remember exactly but it was in one of his last posts. Basically, the 1st ring of a vassal's city is guaranteed unless it overlaps the master's 1st ring of a city, in which case the master has the advantage.

Leoreth worked on that for Dawn of Civilization. I don't remember exactly but it was in one of his last posts. Basically, the 1st ring of a vassal's city is guaranteed unless it overlaps the master's 1st ring of a city, in which case the master has the advantage.
Sweet,

PS your new avatar is 20% cooler, there is also a MLP thread

Top Bottom