Multiplayer behavior!

I founded the Ugli's (United Gamer's League, International) which, at first, consisted of several disenfranchised former clan members who became tired of always playing competitively and having to work on clan requirements. It took the fun out of the game for them. I had just resigned from my daimyo (Leader) position with my clan so as to let someone new take over who wasn't "burned out" as I was. I then realized from speaking to several others, there was a large group of players who liked playing for fun. I thought about how best to organize this group and came up with "Ugli. I figured if anyone was willing to call themselves Ugly you had to figure they didn't take themselves too seriously. Before long, the Ugli community grew into a large group consisting of MP players from almost every clan in the Total War STW era, and several single-player only players who wanted to try MP.

It has been over 4+ years now and we have players from many different games. Currently our guys are playing Warhammer 40K Dawn Of War and its latest add-on, Combat Mission Berlins to Barbarossa, Rome Total War, and hopefully Civ IV. :) Games we have played together in the past are: Call Of Duty, Ghost Recon, World Of Warcraft, and several others.

The great thing about having such a large and varied group is we have members who can play a game and then give us their honest opinion about whether it is worth playing. It has saved us a lot of money, since there were games we found that only one of us wasted their money on instead of all. :)

Civ IV could establish a group similar to the Ugli's, which would provide what Elderotter is trying to achieve with his list. Once established, it could then branch off into other games since many an online friendship will have developed by the time Civ IV becomes obsolete.

It's also a good way to keep in touch when people leave a game for another game as well. If anyone would like to set up a group such as the Ugli's, PM me and I will help you set one up.

Sorry. I have a tendency to take most posts into the MP arena since I enjoy it so much! :)

Interest point:
Is Civ4 battle.net?
Is Civ4 need cdkey for play online?

Top Bottom