• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Multiplayer Game 6 PrimEvalCIV gets Songhai again!

Awsome game! Keep it up. You had a very nice start id say and some nice ruins etc

I've been lurking for a few months and finally decided to sign-up as I have a question about game play. First off though a big thumbs-up for your Learn to Play-vids. I was a long time Civ player back in the day (Civ I, II and III) but then real life happened and I took about 10-12 years off from the Civ world. It wasn't until this past Xmas when Steam had everything 75% off that I decided to jump back into Civ.

I've been trying to watch as many Let's plays as possible to see how the good players play. I've managed to work my way up to Emperor but I still make too many mistakes mid game where I end up war'ing too much I think (single player) and lose focus if I'm going for a CV or SV. Damn AI and their backstabs - ends up pissing me off and I always want revenge ;p

A big thanks to you posting your vids as I find them very entertaining and am learning a lot.

Tonight is the night where I bust my MP cherry! Got a MP game lined up with some friends...

Anyways the question:

Why didn't you build Oxford University during the game. I believe at one point near the end game when you were trying to get the spaceship part techs it would have only taken 2 or 3 turns. It would give +1 culture, +3 science and a free tech. You were bulb'ing GS to blast through techs when you could have also built Oxford to help.

Am I missing something?

Much thanks and keep up the let's play.

Spoiler :

I think I have watched all your vids and glad Songhai finally paid off! Gratz on the Victory!

I was also waiting for the oxford. I was sure you had some plan with it but it never got realized. Just for this reason I have started bulding oxford pretty early. You get some bonuses early and a free expensive tech is always nice to get. This I think also applies to the usage of GS. Pushing your sience lead or trying to catch up can be just as important as to(and now I quote Prim) "get the most bang for my buck". Always a fine line to balance, which is just Civ in a nutshell :)

Top Bottom