1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer OOS

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by simpsimp, Sep 4, 2011.

1. simpsimp

simpsimp Chieftain

Hello - i've been rocking some RAND with a friend, and we'd been playing without issue for a few days and just smacked into the OOS (out of sync) issue. I remember this being what pushed us away from it awhile ago, but I thought it had been resolved in the time since then.

Playing RAND 1.75 - this mod is a wonderful creation, btw.

Any ideas on resolution? Thanks in advance.

2. simpsimp

simpsimp Chieftain

Is there any fix? I'd really like to enjoy this game with a friend but I can't seem to workaround this OOS issue and i'm finding no help in other threads / elsewhere. Is this mod really just single player only?

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Probably. A lot of effort has gone into trying to make RevDCM and AND multiplayer but there are still issues. No one is actively working of fixing the problems as far as I know.

4. Slarki

Slarki Warlord

Is there any official statement from the creator about multiplayer?

5. Flay

Flay Prince

MP is working not bad at all if:
    -you don't use Revolution
    -no brabarian converting to civ
    -no extra nuke mod (do not remember the name of it)
    -all player have the original setting in "BUG" (Archer bombard is a OOS nightmare)
    -and of course everyone has the same AND\civ installed.

We play usualy with 4 to 6 humans and about the same or more AI, on map from small to big.
    There OOS of course sometime but the host save the game, everybody quit and we reload.

We havn't play with any of the new beta yet, we are still on the last official release, so it has maybe become worst or better now that I can't tell.

Good luck

6. gdambrauskas

gdambrauskas Warlord

I stuck with version 1.74 patch H since that was the most stable for our mp games(revs on, archer bombard on, no oos from archer bombard at all). Each time i tried to move to a later version, the oos was much worse to the point where it was unplayable.

7. Slarki

Slarki Warlord

8. Flay

Flay Prince

This is interreting, could you upload this version I do not have it anymore