Multiplayer Q&A

i would imagine if you both use the same usermod that would work fine.

Are there people, who would like to play a multiplayer game only once a week (preferably at the weekend, at about 19:30 UTC) and for no longer than 70-80 Min.?

I am a serious guy and would stick to it.

Some information about myself:
- I'm a noob at multiplayer games (not so regarding PCs and Civ)
- I play civ since the first version (Including both CTP versions and SMAC)
- After CivII I abondoned trying to win on the higher levels and started playing just for fun only on monarch.
- I'm an absolutely fair player and expect the same from the 'opponents' or 'game mates' (As you guessed, I'm not a native speaker).
- For me the fun during the game is more important than the moment the game is won or winning the game at all.
- I'm not a conqueror, though conflicts are welcome at times
- I would like to make up the rules for the game together with the other participants

My preferences, which are not fix but 100% negotiable (as I just stated before):
- Standard maps or smaller
- 80% ocean coverage
- old planet
- I modded my conquests .biq file (I have a copy of the orig.) to be able to play without civ specific abilities and start without any tech. If I had the time and endurance I would have removed the UUnits too.
- I find that wonders spoil the game.

It's just a question. I haven't prepared anything and I won't be able to start a game within the next two weeks.

I have a major problem. When I go to start a multiplayer PBEM game, the game starts to load, and freezes when it gets to placing locations. It does this whether I choose a random map or a scenario one.

I'm selecting 2 player civs and 6 AI civs when I do this, using version 1.22, and not using anything funky. I've reinstalled the game 3 times already.
Recently I completely uninstalled it, turned the computer off, switch the computer back on and installed it all, and I still have the problem, even though my version is still 1.22. What's causing this bug?

When i play multiplayer, the computer always pick what to build. Is there anyway to stop the autobuild and instead recieving the dialoquebox where the computer asks what to build?

Nope. :(

It also does this for research. The best way to monitor it is at the beginning of your turn, watch the upper left hand corner of the screen to seee if any cities created a building. Remember only cities that created buildings and check them first thing. Cities building units, you dont have to worry about because the new active unit it just built will bring your attention to the city itself. ANytime a unit becomes active on a city tile, I go ahead and check the city screen. I know its not a big help, and you may already be aware of all of this but its all I got to offer. :(

I have Civ 3 Complete. DSL internet. When I go the multiplayer "Lobby", I can see activity and chat with others, but when I host a game it doesn't show up in the list of games. I have a Zone Alarm firewall, and told it to allow Civ 3, but still no luck. Can someone help me answer the question?

Thanks.

Yes, I have a router. Don't know much about routing save for connecting it to my computer. It's an Actiontech M1000, used with Qwest (phone co.). Thanks for your quick response, Flevance. What's my next move?

Well, I used a D-Link and couldn't get it figured out myself.

This gave me a couple ideas to try but didn't fix the problem. I don't know if you can do it but if I go to host a game I just hook the internet straight into the computer. I haven't been able to figure out how to open ports yet for my router though. :(

hey i jus recently came back into playin civ 3, loved it when it first came out but now a bit rusty, looking for any sort of mp game .

i dont get how to set up hotseat games AT ALL
or how to change the options for any multiplayer game at all, like where u change the size etc etc, do you have to click something to change it??
if anyone could help i would appreciate it!!

Noob problem....

But all the games are password protected and everyone else seems to know eachother and the passwords. Any games I DO manage to join I get kicked from.. And anytime I start a game no one joins..Am I missing out on something?? Multiplayer simply isn't fun if I can't even USE it... All other games I play like Age of Empires III it's simple, you join and play.

????

Sorry for being a noob.. :(

Hi, I'm a Spanish player who wants to play CIVIIIC3C online with other Spanish players. Please send an MP if you are interested.

Thanks.

Top Bottom