Multiplayer?

turck3

Chieftain
I tried playing multiplayer with my brother, however when I create a game server he cannot see it, nor can he connect by IP. I have all needed ports open and I unloaded the mod and we were able to connect to one another. The question then becomes, was multiplayer functionality deliberately left out of the mod or not and if not, how do I fix it?

@turck
do you trying to connect via hamachi?
If not , try hamachi 1st , if not then, all what can help is to wait till it will be fixed, but i think it will be soon enough, so meanwhile you can play hotseats :p

We have not done anything to add, remove (or test) multiplayer. In exactly the same internet setup, can you play a multiplayer game of pure vanilla? Can you play another downloaded mod such as FFH?

Btw we can make tests in hamachi.
Anyone invited to join my hamachi channel Sorcciv , pw is "zemo"

Also, do you running any other mods?
I hope david will put new release up soon enough , and once release will be up, then you invited to test mp with me.

hi,

well, ive been wanting to test this on multiplayer,

you havnt been able to even get to the lobby to create a game??

i will make tests on it after the next release of the mod, which will happen up to 2 weeks.
I can get to the lobby and make games, my brother however, cannot see them. He's not on the same LAN, just to clarify.

@turck
do you trying to connect via hamachi?
If not , try hamachi 1st , if not then, all what can help is to wait till it will be fixed, but i think it will be soon enough, so meanwhile you can play hotseats :p
We haven't tried hamachi, maybe we will tomorrow...

We have not done anything to add, remove (or test) multiplayer. In exactly the same internet setup, can you play a multiplayer game of pure vanilla? Can you play another downloaded mod such as FFH?
We can play without modifications (what I assume you mean by pure vanilla) and with any mod that was included with Beyond the Sword, I haven't tried to download anything 3rd party other than this.

I advise you to try hamachi then, i think i had same issue once with ffh , and then it worked via hamachi.
You are invited to join my channel or can just to create yours , if you like there.

Btw we can make tests in hamachi.
Anyone invited to join my hamachi channel Sorcciv , pw is "zemo"

I don't think it will work out of the box (it is very easy to get oos errors when coding in python), but I am interested in testing it. :goodjob:

Yes, mostly for puprose of testing (for us)
ITs time to start carry about MP
Btw DW is better for MP than FFH even, because there is not so big destinction between civs. I just feel it,that it is.

perhaps, later on we can have an mp version? without problematic python codes?

Perhaps, somebody can demonstrate whether or not they can find games in the lobby and start one, before you complain that the python is not working? I know that MP for Fury Road works without OOS, and I used the same techniques for DW.

we'll try may be today, via hamachi

I seriously planning testing of MP via hamachi on this weekend.
Please sign to test with me, lets set time and try to MP.
Tell me if you willing and when.
Hamachi channel : Sorcciv
pw: zemo

Count me in. I would prefer playing on Saturday in the afternoon (CET).

But we need more players. I don't want to play alone vs. Slvynn, he is practicing dune wars all the time... :)

Count me in. I would prefer playing on Saturday in the afternoon (CET).

But we need more players. I don't want to play alone vs. Slvynn, he is practicing dune wars all the time... :)

:p
Saturday seems to be ok for me (evening preferable though GMT+2)
YEah, iwould like more ppl a well :))

Got MP to work... had to install hamachi on both sites, connect, create the game, and then we still couldn't see one another on server lists, however using the localized IP address created by the VPN, direct IP connection worked.

Got MP to work... had to install hamachi on both sites, connect, create the game, and then we still couldn't see one another on server lists, however using the localized IP address created by the VPN, direct IP connection worked.

Great! I am glad to have proof that it is working. Let us know if you get any OOS problems.

bumping this thread.
I think we need to test mp and to check possibilities for OOS.
MP is very important aspect of game, and game's balance.
C'mon guys - make modding break and lets play abit - game still will have modding feint, anyways.
Join to my hamachi channel.
How to get hamachi - google for hamachi, download and you have it within 5 minutes.

Great! I am glad to have proof that it is working. Let us know if you get any OOS problems.

I realize no one has posted in this thread for some time, but it's in regards to multiplayer so I thought I'd give it a shot.

My brother and I got version 1.8 connected via direct IP, but we get a consistent OOS whenever either of us attacks a barbarian. Being attacked doesn't cause it, but initiating the attack does. We haven't tried combat against each other, yet.

Top Bottom