Multiple Personality Disorder - FFH2 Style (Succesion Game)

What SG ideas are you interested in?

• Total voters
Not much for reporting.Settled our city. An engineer popped out - used it to hurry bone balace at Ithralia(there are great engineers anyway), using golden age for white hand ritual - 9 turns golden age and 14 turns for white hand ritual left. Played 20 turns, btw- justified, I guess - so far only expansion and building. also we're leading anyway.

maybe we can hurry ritual I do not know, but 3 white hand prieast are the most valuable for us from "illians era"

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0170.CivBeyondSwordSave
    181.3 KB · Views: 86
Ok, I will try to run 10 turns, so Brian and Q can each to 15.

Start:
Tia'ran starts the Titan, Bolans starts monument, leave all other builds as-is until they finish.
We meet the Hippus, who have a town right next to our new City, Garduk.
I label our towns by preferred role and plotted a few possible city sites.
Another Engineer is coming in 5 turns.
The White Hand is not rush-able.

We finish Knowledge of the Ether, and move on to Military Strategy.

We score the great general from Military Strategy! and move on to Smelting. Not sure where the best place for the general is, so I put him to sleep in the capital.

I triggered the Pristine pass and killed the fresh group of gargoyles.

We get the "slave ring" event and get 2 slaves.

We also get the Underhome merchant event. I take the science bonus.

Our northern swordsman kills the lizardmen and destroys the lair...which turns him a demon who is insane. He is currently enraged, not sure if that's a good thing.

We have our own Iron, its not in a BFC, but that's fine all the same. I go for Drama next, just in case I can get another great person.

I drop the great commander into Garduk, its going to be a BIG military hub. I also propose putting the alehouse there to give any possible dwarves a +2.

We meet the Calabim, and I rush the catacomb in our Mutanbo city. (Needs more culture!) After that we will get our first adept.

I kicked of the world spell and placed hawks in our border towns, didn't do much else with the military.

Check the micro and diplomacy before you start.

Attachments

• multi180.CivBeyondSwordSave
    196.1 KB · Views: 107
3 days no posting from Brian?

Sorry, I've been under pressure work wise the last week, and my attention has really slipped here.

I'll play tonight.

Ok, 15 turns played. Sorry again for dropping the ball here regarding time.

Having looked over our cities, I see our coastal sites needed happy as they woild grow like weeds so I looked towards carnivals and baths in those sites. Inland got started on the military (along with Bolans after its carnival build).

I completed the Catacomb (well it was 1t when I inherited), the G Lib (in Tia'ran) and the Deruptus (in Garduk).

Militarily, Ithralia got a siege workshop for catapults, Mutanbo is set for adepts, Bolans is pumping Soldiers of Kilimorph, and Mor'tebbio Axes (can't pump much better until we improve the deserts). Garduk started on Wilboman last turn. He is at 13 turns to build, but if we keep pushing hammers (and with the two chops I'm currently investing) he'll come out one or two turns ahead of that. Nowhere is producing champs at the moment, either upgrading our best Axes/Swords or Garduk is the best prospect for these guys.

My military is going west, because Eithne is looking weak. I think she should be first up for the chopping block here.

In tech I slipped up a bit, went Necromancy>Iron Working>Trade>Elementalism (Necro was the mistake, though it has given us a rust adept. With Iron in play I improved the node by Tia'ran to Entropy).

In Great People, we got the Drama Bard and Ithralia popped an Engineer. I am pushing for a Prophet in Mutanbo (as Kili is really spread), and put one in the mix for Tia'ran.
I used the bard to extend our Golden Age as he was otherwise useless, so Q has another 8 turns to play with.

In foreign relations we met Hannah of the Lanun, opened borders with the Calabim, and gifted Way of the Earthmother to Valledia. We refused demands of Smelting from Eithne (d'uh) and CoL from Tasunke (he hates us for ever, yessssssssss)

Both Eithne and Cardith look very vulnerable at the moment, be careful of Tasunke as he's dangerous.

Attachments

• Multiple personalites AD-0195.CivBeyondSwordSave
    211.8 KB · Views: 118
We should be building way more adepts, not sure wilbomans worth it, cats are useless with ARC adepts.
Also think we should be settling more.

How many turns do I get?

Overall it looks pretty nice! The only thing I don't understand is why we built an entropy node on our only source of mana?

I would switch production in Garduk and Bolans, since Garduk will give the soldiers an extra +2 which Wilboman doesn't need. Or heck, rush Wilboman to make sure we get him in time for the switch.

Cancel our trades with the Kurioites to get our ice mana back! Maybe with the Amurites if you really want Law mana, not sure what will happen to these deals next revolution?

You should be able to trade to get a good map at this point.

For the lurkers, I don't think that auto-explore works on the hawks in EitB, they just seem to go to sleep instead.

I would like to see us score Currency and Taxation by the time we finish this revolution, it should set us up to chase down hero techs after the big change.

I am guessing Q will be back any time now to finish up this round? I REALLY hope we don't pull Kurioites for the rest of the game...but I think we could withstand it if they were next. I would really be happy with just about any Civ besides the Kurios. (Limit 3 cities!!)

We should be building way more adepts, not sure wilbomans worth it, cats are useless with ARC adepts.
Also think we should be settling more.

How many turns do I get?

Wilboman is worthwhile, IMHO, and I would use the available engineer to rush him if he can't be built in time for the change. We decided on 15 turns per player. Don't know what ARC adepts are, but I assume you just mean area of effect spells...which we don't have right now?

I have marked a few likely spots to settle in the Eastern wild lands.

ARC = arcane.
I mean the collateral isn't needed with the stack of mages we should be able to get - because we are switching I think I'll focus on pushing them.
Id be surprised if GE could rush units.

That's not the only reason to build catapults, but I usually don't build them as well.

Great Engineers can only rush buildings, not units or projects.

Set done.Because I was worried we were going to lose arcane without exploiting it for adepts, I mainly built those.
Spoiler:we rolled a ARC leader! :lol:
I put a lot more effort into exploring/settling the east, unfortunately I just lost a bunch of units to barbs there :banghead: but it paid off, because as well as finding minor jewlery a bunch of times, we popped optics from a hut!
On which note, I recommend we put a couple of units on a boat so we can pick up some of the treats there - maybe the priest of winter in the area.
Other reason why settling is stupid, is we rolled a expansive leader :banghead:
Still I've talked about the problems with the leader, how'd we do with Civ?
We rolled Thessa of Ljolsofar!!!
In other words, we should be able to get a awesome economy going now!
We're pretty well set for an invasion in the next turnset, we should be able to get a bunch of maelstorm mages to work well with all the summoning ones I've promoted.
I recommend we go FoL->PH->GoN->taxation, revolting to FoL and foreign trade no matter how much it'll cost the economy. We desperately need workers, both to improve new aquisitions/settlements and also to cottage the core. Focus on getting the elven economy up and running in the core, which means moai building nothing but PoL pretty much.
Annoying that we went expansive just when id pushed some cities but them's the breaks - I don't think we want any settlers for the next set or two unfortunately.
Again, check my micro as its all set to finish builds on the last turn.
We got a GC and I've held onto the GE (I was thinking guild of hammers, or maybe the arete one slotted in), GC should probably command post in a city, I kept him on ice in case we got a ORG leader.
Scutarii up, save coming.

Save:

Attachments

• Thessa AD-0210.zip
    137.7 KB · Views: 100
got it. later today

yes or no? both are behind of buffer zones, so to speak...
Spoiler :

business...

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

nightwatches get dexterius trait, btw. sweet!

and...wilboman got another copy of orkhus axe ....

and..."bloom" spell is...for mages or priests? My idea is to bloom everything...

Bloom is for priests.

No war, it won't help relations in the long run.

Tiaran produces priests of leaves ad infinity... the rest of cities are building financial/happy buildings.... also there is a great sage at tiaran...

That's it. Rejected some pleas for help, either techs or war.

btw, do not forget to switch to foreign trade.

Also opening discussion : what is better in Eitb - over -or undercouncil? InFF2 undercouncil by a wide margin, but in eitb both councils are farily balanced.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0225.CivBeyondSwordSave
    195.8 KB · Views: 81
Did we get any dwarven priests before switching?

Otherwise, it sounds good, I will look at the save later today.

No, the dwarves were ages ago...
Nice thought though.

Sorry, I meant RoK priests. Can we still upgrade our Thanes to priests later on without being in the RoK religion?

Ok I just opened the save, and it looks like we have a vote available for the Overcouncil, I pick single currency for now.

I will move forward with the bloom idea.

One note, the Kurios are using their world spell every round...how long until they win with culture?

Top Bottom