Multiple prodution/research

Nasty McNarf

Chieftain
So I got CTC v 33 and was playing the SEM and I'm noticing I'm getting hammers back for money when there is over production. I am not making more than one unit. I would love to get this resolved it is very annoying. And unless I'm mistaken there is no option in the bug menu or upon custom game setup to enable multiple production, Like in older versions back like in v22. And on a smaller side note I have my Warlord guy on hunt mode and will not attack anything but workers. He is rather promoted up with a noble attached and anything he fights is 99.99% win and I went into the bug settings and put attack with > 90% on hunt mode. Thanks for your time! :)

These are options in the Custom Game screen.

Nope just went to double check multiple production/research is not in the custom game screen when you're picking all those things like advanced economy, no nukes, start as minor civ. Unless you mean the bug reports screen which I have looked up and down in there but if it is in there let me know where.

This is the way it is set up:
Code:
		<GameOptionInfo>
			<Type>GAMEOPTION_MULTIPLE_PRODUCTION</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_MULTIPLE_PRODUCTION</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_MULTIPLE_PRODUCTION_HELP</Help>
			[COLOR="Red"]<bDefault>1</bDefault>[/COLOR]
			<bVisible>0</bVisible>
		</GameOptionInfo>
		<GameOptionInfo>
			<Type>GAMEOPTION_MULTIPLE_RESEARCH</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_MULTIPLE_RESEARCH</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_MULTIPLE_RESEARCH_HELP</Help>
			[COLOR="Red"]<bDefault>1</bDefault>[/COLOR]
			<bVisible>0</bVisible>
		</GameOptionInfo>

They are ON by default.

Showing me code that its on by default doesn't change the fact that it isn't working, and I cant make more than 1 thing per turn. If it was on by default and it was working I wouldn't be posting here looking for a solution.

So I got CTC v 33 and was playing the SEM and I'm noticing I'm getting hammers back for money when there is over production. I am not making more than one unit. I would love to get this resolved it is very annoying. And unless I'm mistaken there is no option in the bug menu or upon custom game setup to enable multiple production, Like in older versions back like in v22.

You get money back for unusable hammers when you run out of things in the build queue while there is production capacity remaining. This will not happen until the build queue is empty. Multi-production cannot build you more stuff if the build queue is empty.

So are you saying you want the unit in the build queue to build repeatedly indefinitely? (Because that can be done). Or are you saying you had production automation on but the 'city governor' is letting the above happen?

From what you have said, it doesn't sound like there is a problem. If you still think there is, can you please clarify.

Solution:

Start a Play Now game. Settings unimportant. playing it unimportant, just the act of starting it is what is needed.
This resets all Game Options to the Default Values. After that you can start any new game and the option of Multiple Prod (and research) will be on again.

Cheers

Okie here is what is happening I have a capital I've decked out lets say it makes 1000 hammers I have done the following.

held shift and picked a 20 building queue of 20 different buildings and it only builds one, gives me hammers/gold and moves on to the next all ready waiting to be built ahead of it.

I have also built little wimpy units that cost like 200 hammers and had them set up on ALT/indefinite build. and it only makes one and gives me like 800 hammers/gold back. In one of my old game on v 32 it would spit out like 4 guys when I did this so I KNOW this works.

In one of my old games on v 32 I RARLY saw getting hammers back as gold. mostly the messege "city cant build this anymore" kinda thing when u build 15 national units or something.

and to be double/super sure I loaded my current v 33 game while writing this post. my capital was making like 450 hammers, had 450 extra production left over from last turn and with all % production bonuses has like 3,000 hammers coming, I switched it to make a guard dog, cost 225 hammers, next turn it made one. and I had the dog on indefinite build where u hold down alt.

I then did the same thing with my capital but this time I did shift like 6 times with the dogs and next turn still one dog with so many hammers going to gold.

So I do feel something is wrong

So I got CTC v 33 and was playing the SEM and I'm noticing I'm getting hammers back for money when there is over production. I am not making more than one unit. I would love to get this resolved it is very annoying. And unless I'm mistaken there is no option in the bug menu or upon custom game setup to enable multiple production, Like in older versions back like in v22.

I think it is in WorldBuilder that you can change the option in existing games.

We added a fix for new games in the last week, to the SVN version.

Solution:

Start a Play Now game. Settings unimportant. playing it unimportant, just the act of starting it is what is needed.
This resets all Game Options to the Default Values. After that you can start any new game and the option of Multiple Prod (and research) will be on again.

Cheers

Platyping has actually fixed this, in the last few days. Now the defaults are set even for custom games by code activated when you start a game. naturally it does not change it for existing games.

Thanks for all your help. Keep up the good work this is by far the best mod ive ever played and ive been playing civ 4 for a very long time trying many mods

In world builder select Game Data where it says Edit Data and press the button Game Options. For me the multiple production is in column 2 bottom half. Click on the box next to it to turn it on/off displays crossed box for on. Press esc or close the box to return to world builder then exit world builder in the normal way.

This may or may not be the reason:
I have found that some game options (namely the beta features) are not available on my v33 installed on my laptop (which has Civilization Complete), but are available on my v33 installed on my desktop (which has Civ4, Warlords, and BTS all installed separately). I'm not sure why this is, but the only thing I can think of is that the menu structure is slightly different (for example, the normal installation is in a Program Files > Firaxis folder, and the Civilization Complete is in a Program Files > 2K Games > Firaxis Games folder). I uninstalled C2C completely and reinstalled it, and the problem persisted.

So, I don't know if this is the same reason that you aren't seeing some game options, but perhaps it has something to do with file structure, your version of Civ4, or some other obscure reason.

This may or may not be the reason:
I have found that some game options (namely the beta features) are not available on my v33 installed on my laptop (which has Civilization Complete), but are available on my v33 installed on my desktop (which has Civ4, Warlords, and BTS all installed separately). I'm not sure why this is, but the only thing I can think of is that the menu structure is slightly different (for example, the normal installation is in a Program Files > Firaxis folder, and the Civilization Complete is in a Program Files > 2K Games > Firaxis Games folder). I uninstalled C2C completely and reinstalled it, and the problem persisted.

So, I don't know if this is the same reason that you aren't seeing some game options, but perhaps it has something to do with file structure, your version of Civ4, or some other obscure reason.

Civ IV version(s) have nothing to do with C2C at all, as long as BtS is on your PC thats all that matters.
You can place it anyplace you want as long as its in the Firaxis folders.

Top Bottom