Multiverse

I may also revert the need for having a specific resource in the game to build a specific building. Testers really disliked that.
:(

Well, yeah, you can just make a clone of some already existing mod, why make some original features, if you can just copy already existing ideas :rolleyes:

Well tell you dont dislike that feature when you had ten games in a row without stone....

Dunno, i usually use smartmap or some other lots-of-options mapscript and i have never had such problems with resources.

So get a better mapscript and ta-da.

I know that talk is cheap, but I have done more today on updating the mod than I have in the last several months.

On the advice of the testers, I have stripped most of the Resource requirements both from buildings and from units. With reflection, I think it was a mistake to force players to control specific resources to build units and buildings (including wonders).

I want to do a bit of testing first, and hopefully add some more magic, psionic, and steam punk technologies before releasing an update.

I hope that in a week or two I can get something out to show people.

Anyone have any suggestions on sites to post the compressed files?

Troy

Maybe it will show up this time!!

Still no interface :(

Changes made this weekend:

Changed the theme of the mod (basic window appearances) back to a more standard mode
Reduced the Resource requirements on 90% of units, buildings, and wonders
Significantly reduced the Tech costs for all magical (Atlantean) and steampunk technologies
Finally balanced the three modes of play to how I envisioned them
Added mermaids

spent more time tweaking the rules and adding new units. I hope to have an updated version done this weekend. The Multiverse is coming once again....

Rebalanced Techs, specifically magic once again
Changed a few base units to be more representative of the game
Added a couple new units and if time permits this weekend, will try adding a few more.

Changes for Version 2.1

All AI have been re-balanced again
AI starting units reduced
Barbarian defenders increased slightly

Changed the frequency of barbarians to something a bit more manageable on Raging (should be tough but not withering)

Reed Skiff has been changed so it is unlikely that an AI can use it to circumnavigate the world
Changed the base default of the number of AI on all world sizes down
Changed Atlantis Footman to 5/1
Increased the art size of Galleys
Decreased the art size of Minotaurs
Changed Boomerang Warriors to a 4/1
Decreased the size of the art for Battering Rams

Reexamined Atlantean Technology so all are give Classical Era at best. Atlantean tech as well as Fey, Underworld, and the like never exceed Classical Era.
Atlantean War College now requires Ley Lines
Atlantean Monument now requires Storms

Banks are now given a bonus commerce and production with silver, gold, furs, and gems

Corn Silo now requires having Corn

Stables now gives a bonus to commerce, food, and production with sheep, camel, horse, and elephants.

All buildings models have been re-sized hopefully for a better fit in windows and on the map.

Great mod !

By the way, I deleted everything I had in custom assets folder, and no more python exceptions ! :)

Changes for Version 2.1

All AI have been re-balanced again
AI starting units reduced
Barbarian defenders increased slightly

Changed the frequency of barbarians to something a bit more manageable on Raging (should be tough but not withering)

Reed Skiff has been changed so it is unlikely that an AI can use it to circumnavigate the world
Changed the base default of the number of AI on all world sizes down
Changed Atlantis Footman to 5/1
Increased the art size of Galleys
Decreased the art size of Minotaurs
Changed Boomerang Warriors to a 4/1
Decreased the size of the art for Battering Rams

Reexamined Atlantean Technology so all are give Classical Era at best. Atlantean tech as well as Fey, Underworld, and the like never exceed Classical Era.
Atlantean War College now requires Ley Lines
Atlantean Monument now requires Storms

Banks are now given a bonus commerce and production with silver, gold, furs, and gems

Corn Silo now requires having Corn

Stables now gives a bonus to commerce, food, and production with sheep, camel, horse, and elephants.

All buildings models have been re-sized hopefully for a better fit in windows and on the map.
Where do i download this update ?

Really wanna play, but no inferface =(
Tried seting to 1 the custom python and assets, didnt work, also tried deleting all custom assets, didnt work, my version is 3.19, and i have rise of mankind a new dawn, that features the BUG mod.. So any ideas?

*edit
I deleted the custom assets folder, but he pops up empty everytime i enter civ.
Realy, no ideia anymore of what could be the problem =/
also deleted all other mods, no use.

My python exeptions are:
Traceback most recent call
file string Line 1 ''
file string 52 in load module
line 13 cveventinterface
cv custm event manager in line 23
file cveventmanager, line 12, in
file string line 52, in load module
file cvscreen interface, line 3, in
file cvmaininterface, line 11, in
file cv configparser, line 26, in
file cvpath ,line 128, in
file cvpath ,line 113, in _getUserDir
file cvpath ,line 113, in _getInstallDir
file cvpath ,line 113, in _getregvalue
Failed to load python module CVEventinterface

This is probably a rather generic piece of advice to new players, but it might avert some frustration: If you play to play bigger maps, play a customs game and turn off raging barbs - I played a game on a huge map and four AI civs got eliminated by barbs quite early. I quit after that.

I believe part of the problem is that the barb AI gets "advanced" units too early in this mod. I saw commanders appear about the time I got them (the AI civs didn't have them (on noble)) and saw spearmen appear long before I could build them myself. I wouldn't have minded that so much if not for the fact that the barbs were eleminating my competition ... which makes for a rather boring game.

Other than that I am a bit sceptical about the distribution of the resources working out, but certainly intrigued enough by this interesting concept. Thanks for all the effort in bringing us something nice and new. :)

Top Bottom