Multiverse

That's what I'm saying, I don't understand how that could be possible. I have been playing Destiny, which also uses BUG, but I don't try to load the two mods at the same time- since Steam doesn't allow me to use shortcuts to load mods, I have to load the vanilla game back up any time I want to play a mod anyways.

I'm not entirely sure what happened either way- even with Archipelago, every time I try to run a map, even with vanilla BTS, after a complete uninstall and reinstall, results in a generic windows crash.

Multiverse does not use BUG, but I have been told that it does mess with the game -- not sure why or how. Perhaps you could try holding down the shift key when you start a new game of Civilization 4 as that clears out the cache?

Poke around the forums on how to disable BUG stuff because I know there is a catch there, but I can't remember it.

Shift didn't seem to work, and I haven't been able to dig up anything on the BUG issue- seems searching for 'Disable BUG' just returns a bunch of bug reports for random things. =p

Either way, I've made a post in tech support to try and get to the bottom of things, so I'll be back and forth. Thanks for trying to help with the issue though! Provided I get it all figured out I look forward to playing this, hah.

I am constantly toying with a new version.

I decided a while back to retreat from an early experiment to make the barbarians the lizard man race which cost me tens of hours of work. unknown to me all the civlopedia entries are based on barbarians, thus a archer in the encyclopedia has the graphics of the lizard guys -- not what I wanted.

With that in mine, I am also running into walls with some errors and bugs that some players have run into. Some are easy fixes while others are real brainteasers.

I truly believe Civilization 4 still has a lot of life in it and I want to continue working on Multiverse, Extreme2, Age of Discovery, and Conquest. I am unsure of any specific date for the next release -- I want to make it substantial enough to make it worth having players download such huge files.

Thanks for the encouragement and keep looking here.

Crossing Fingers!

I have tried everything to get this mod running, it looks like pretty exactly the mod I've been looking for, but no matter what, after trying everything you say in this thread, I just cannot get an interface to show up. I've even gone so far as a fresh reinstall of the full game, with not a thing in the mod folder except for this one, clearing every cache, custom assets, reinstalling pretty much everything but firefox, and it just won't work. I've tried loading multiple other mods after failing at this one, as well, and they all work fine. This is the only one having that issue. Has anyone else who has had this problem found any sort of solution?

Curiously, are you running an English version of Windows? I have seen other players have problems if they are running a non-english version of windows because inside the mod it points to specific folder structures which are different in foreign windows?

Are you running it from Steam or from Media installation?

Can you run other big mods as found here at Fanatics?

Make sure the Mod is in the correct folder (this is usually what causes no interface)?

Are you patched to the current level of the game?

Yep, english version of Windows 7 64 bit, from a disc-less installation of Complete purchased from 2kgames.com, patched fully and in correct folder. The other big mods work just fine, but of course the one that I'm absolutely psyched to try is just taunting me with cool new units I can't do a thing with. The odd thing is that it happens with Extrememod, Extreme2 and Multiverse, and I've successfully loaded Cavemen2Cosmos, RoM and RoMAND, FFH:FF and RiFE.

Ahh, fixed it! Going off what you said about it possibly having to do with path names, I went through and figured out that apparently the Complete version gives a different install directory than the normal one, so I renamed the files after the counterparts in the standard installation, and the UI was there waiting for me. Looking forward to playing your mod now!

Ahh, fixed it! Going off what you said about it possibly having to do with path names, I went through and figured out that apparently the Complete version gives a different install directory than the normal one, so I renamed the files after the counterparts in the standard installation, and the UI was there waiting for me. Looking forward to playing your mod now!

SWEET!

I hope to be able to return to the development of the game soon. So much stuff gets in my way to make another version of the software.

Always enjoy comments, even if critical on pacing, units, buildings, etc...

Well, I'm not familiar enough with vanilla to be able to criticize pacing or balance or anything, but I do know that Hitler just came after my Lizardman army with Witch Doctors.

And that is freaking awesome.

Although, if I may make one suggestion, some form of differentiation on the buttons for lizardman units would be incredibly helpful, as it is they all (at least that I've gotten to so far) seem to have the basic generic lizardman face. Perhaps a small sword/shield for the combat units, and a pitchfork icon for the villagers?

Hey, i was looking to download this mod, it looks great but i kept getting the error message "Load Error - GFC Error: Failed to initialize the primary control theme". I've unzipped the 7zip file into the MODS folder of Beyond the Sword, checked to make sure there were no custom assets conflicting with the mod and i noticed that when i was downloading the mod itself from AtomicGamer, i had a file that was 422mb and when i had unzipped it into the MODS folder, it only had around 5-10 units in the art folder and seemed like it was missing a lot of the stuff and i'm really confused because the mod looks really good. Could you help me with this problem or tell me what i'm doing wrong please?

Edit: I am running a Windows 7 in English, an i7 processor @ 3.3 ghz, 12 gb of RAM, so i doubt it's a problem with my hardware, i can run Skyrim on Very High graphics and i can run the Realism Invictus mod very easily.

So I'm working on a scenario for this, sort of a quasi-apocalyptic setting on a modified Fury Road map, with all the american regional civs available, as well as some random ones to give it that zing. It's not going to be done for a bit, since about the only resources available on the map currently are aluminum, iron and oil, but would you like me to send it your way when it's somewhere close to done?

Hey, i was looking to download this mod, it looks great but i kept getting the error message "Load Error - GFC Error: Failed to initialize the primary control theme". I've unzipped the 7zip file into the MODS folder of Beyond the Sword, checked to make sure there were no custom assets conflicting with the mod and i noticed that when i was downloading the mod itself from AtomicGamer, i had a file that was 422mb and when i had unzipped it into the MODS folder, it only had around 5-10 units in the art folder and seemed like it was missing a lot of the stuff and i'm really confused because the mod looks really good. Could you help me with this problem or tell me what i'm doing wrong please?

Edit: I am running a Windows 7 in English, an i7 processor @ 3.3 ghz, 12 gb of RAM, so i doubt it's a problem with my hardware, i can run Skyrim on Very High graphics and i can run the Realism Invictus mod very easily.

You may want to try uncompressing it again, I always do it on my desktop so I don't have to worry about permissions or some "I hate you Microsoft crap". Looking at my folder properties it says the size is 899 megabytes?

I don't remember but I may have combined allot of my graphics in PAKS so there may not be many models in the art folder.

Make sure the mod is not double nested in folders. Like, its not in the mod folder in a folder called Multiverse, then inside another folder called Multiverse?

Sometimes it can be tough to setup, but if we keep working together most people do get it to run, as can be seen by the forums here.

Hope things work out.

So I'm working on a scenario for this, sort of a quasi-apocalyptic setting on a modified Fury Road map, with all the american regional civs available, as well as some random ones to give it that zing. It's not going to be done for a bit, since about the only resources available on the map currently are aluminum, iron and oil, but would you like me to send it your way when it's somewhere close to done?

Yes, let me know how things are working out and we can arrange something.

"Load Error - GFC Error: Failed to initialize the primary control theme."

That usually means one of 3 things, two of which are user end problems, one of which is a mod bug:

1) The mod fold name is not what it should be.

2) There is something in Custom assets that is interfering with the mod (this can be fixed by setting the mod's .ini file to specify "NoCustomAssets = 1").

3) The mod has a bug: there is a path specified in CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml for the type DEFAULT_THEME_NAME which is not relative to the mod, it starts with the Mods folder and therefore includes the mod folder name. The file that points to also probably has the mod name in it (it can apparently be changed to use relative paths starting at Resource, but may not do so). If the name of the mod changed at some point and both of these were not changed to match the new name then it will only work if you also have a mod with the old name installed too, in which case it is using the Civ4.thm file and other .thm files from of that other mod.

I really like the mod - the flat tech tree makes for a nice dynamic - I concentrated on the Atlantian track and had a blast.

It would be nice to know how much improvement cost. There are costs shown for a few, like roads, but not other improvements. Also some of the costs were different from those advertised. For example the pop-up says Atlantian roads cost 13 but they actually cost 14.

There is still not enough stone - with the latest version. There are too many wonders with that requirement. Whoever gets stone first will get all of those wonders. I played an immense map with 2 stone. Then I generated immense maps 4 more times with 2,3,4 and 4 stone.

This mod would be well suited for variable experience - like ROM/AND/C2C. The field promotions would be nice too.

I think the experience caps for fighting barbs should be higher than 20 - if you consider that upgrading lowers a units exp to 10, the cap, especially one that low isn't needed - and the barb units were challenging.

Here are some ideas I suggested earlier. It's been a while since I played the mod, but I don't think any of them were addressed by your February update except maybe for the stone issue.

With regard to experience when fighting barbarians, I now think you should take the experience cap off completely. That way the decision to upgrade an experienced unit involves a real tradeoff.

I'm looking forward to the update!

Started play-testing the mod again, after months away. Already made some high level changes to how the game runs. After being gone for a while, it is tough to get back to modding.

I am also amazed at the depth of how much "stuff" I have crammed into it. Sometimes hard to figure out connections and improvements.

I have an idea of running this mod on a pitboss and wonder if anyone is interested in joining in. Secondly, has anyone tried doing this and if so what are the pitfalls? Is it pretty secure and reliable to run -- I would need to do this from my home I am guessing?

Troy

Top Bottom