Mump3 - AWDG Standard Pangaea, take 4

Preturn: MM for scientists and I can get RP in 6 instead of 7. Things were pretty good but there were some improvement possible.

Build look pretty decent and some cities very well MMed. Change a University to factory (which will make a later uni build faster so I like that order better0.

Lugdunum is one turn from a factory so may become a TOE prebuild. I need to see if the turns look reasonable. I want to keep our big towns at 40 shield on Cavalry for now.

Military: We have a badly injured Cav Army that is undefended in a city that can be attacked by a Cavalry. I cover it as I think we have a good chance to lose it otherwise.
Use the Cav Army in the North to start attacking Molde.

Not sure why we have workers just sitting there waiting to be captured? Not much I can do about them.

Drafted a few Rifles to defend Spear Protected cities.

IBT: Lose 2 Spear and Conscript Rifle to Cavalry. Lose 2 workers.

Decide Lugdunum will go for Mil Academy. Go for Coal plant in Alesia for TOE - I think that is worthwhile.
Capture Molde

IBT: Lose a Pillaging Spear to a Berserk and an Conscript Rifle on a Mountain to a Cavalry.

1020 AD: Pillaged Byz Horses. Incans, Germany, Viking, Japan can all build Cav. Wouldn't mind pillaging them as well.
A landing messed up our capitols exact build so it is going for a Coal Plant (2 Rifles)
Build city River Bend.

IBT: Septum Deposes us! No units lost in this.

1030 AD: Septum is now Purely Celtic so won't flip again.

IBT: More Landings near our Capitol

1040 AD: Kill the Landing. Prepare to Advance.

1050 AD: Raze Birka (Viking) and build a new town. Attacked Constantanople (have to heal next turn.

IBT: Drop 2 Cav near the Capitol

1060 AD: Build two new cities advancing our line. Start Universities in Capitol and Alesia - don't think we are ready to start prebuild quite yet given Med is 8 turns.

IBT: Lose a Pike to a Cav.

1070 AD: capture Constantanople which has Sun Tzu Attack Nagoya.

IBT: Lose Cav and protecting Rifle.

1080 AD: Capture Izumo, Raze other Japanese town in South.

1090 AD: Built another town pushing the Boundary again. We have had really bad luck with our Cav recently they keep losing.

1100 AD: We lose 2 more Cav vs a 1 hp Cav and 1 hp Rifle to end this turn of terrible Cav luck.
Rushed a temple in Izumo. This should put the German Horse in our lands.

Notes:
Check towns food. Some still have excess food and need more irrigation. This is due to RRing plains for the most part. I adjusted several towns already.

Keeping resource pillaged isn't easy:
Byzantine lack Saltpeter
Incans are reconnecting resources pretty quickly and need continuous pillaging to stop the Cavalry.
Germans can build Cavalry - Horses are near our border and will be within our border in 5 more turns. I would cut them first though.
Japan can build Cavalry.
Vikings have nothing.

We can start our prebuilds for TOE and Hoover in the next turn or two . I think we might as well build them though there is a strong argument that the game won't last long enough to make them worthwhile, so I don't mind if we decide to forget about it.

I think it's in the bag now. Great progress, all that's left to do is pushing the mop around. Infantry are fun.

Not sure why we have workers just sitting there waiting to be captured? Not much I can do about them.

When I razed a city I got some slaves, and getting them to a safe place would've delayed our cav armies advancement for too long, so I spread them out hoping to distract 3 byz cav for a turn.

I don't think we will get to tanks earlye enough before the end to go for them even if we choose 2 techs toward them. I think Hoover will be more useful.

Edit: If we do want to try for tanks anyway, then I suggest getting the LAST two techs rather than the first two so we should time getting it when we get the tech for transports (I am forgetting the name at the moment). There doesn't seem to be any risk as the AI is working on no wonders - we can freely grab Smith if we wish. If the game is too close to the end like I think it will be we will simply end up with more units rather than TOE which isn't entirely bad.

got it, will go towards ToE since we chose that path already. We can still decide whether to go for Hoover or not. I think Hoover might be useful.

By the way, German seems to have all the money, they are the next target on my list. More money = more unit rushes...

save

Pre-Turn
MM a bit

IT nothing really

1.1110AD
decide to attack Konigsberg, army takes out 2 rifles
2 cavs retreat, 1 dies and 4 th takes city and produces a MGL
we get 756 gold, most important part of it

take Adrianople, decide to keep it since we lack settlers
lose a Cav to red samurai

rush a few things and increase science to 90% for medicine in 2

IT surprisingly no attacks, even our exposed units
we get the Mil Academy

2.1120AD
2 armies take out 4 units and we take out Hamburg for 777gold

start attacking Nicaea, we need more armies though
bomb the enemy units and take them out leader fishing

again just like Greebley, lose Cav against redlined Cav

lower science to 80%, rush a court, aqua and settler

IT a redlines Cav takes 3 slaves away
we get medicine, sci methods in 6 next

3.1130AD
need to take out 6 units to capture Nicaea
a mere 2 units in Hannover, raze city for 535 gold
no more horses for the Germans now

found Wine for Us

us Nicaea to take out city next to it, Byz have a mere 3 cities left

on of our pillager armies discovers that Kyoto is rioting, these fools are still democrats just like Vikings and Incas
rush factory in Verul

IT Germans lose a cav at Wine for Us

4. 1140AD
take Naissus for easy access to Frankfurt
take out 3 infantry there and city is razed for 578 gold

pillaging continues, currently only Inca have the capability to build Cavs
rush factory in Isca and an aqueduct

IT Japan and Inca lose 1 Cav each against our infantry

5.1150AD
time to go after the last Byz towns
only 2 units and we take Heraclea. attack next town, take it and

take out 3 attackers, but very few there in the first place

heal some armies for German assault

IT a zerk attacks Constantinople, but luckily loses

6.1160AD
Germany and Inca now have RP, this is no good
both don't have rubber though

2 armies are needed to take 4 units and Nuremberg, we get 1050gold for the effort
move army next to Berlin, Cologne can be reached, attack it, take out 3 rifles

we need more armies, take out enemy units for leader fishing
didn't work

take out 3 more units in Cologne and lose 1 cav in the process, take city for 1100gold

move a lot of cannons etc next to Berlin
use 964gold to rush an army, rush a factory as well

IT nothing much

7.1170AD
Germany still has the bulk of the money, good for us
bombardment of Berlin reveals 6 defenders
take them out easily and gain Bach + 1200gold
take Leipzig that had 4 units for 1347gold, only Munich left now
attack with 2 armies, but we can only attack once each, too inaccessible

get another MGL taking out some units

IT most important, we do not have any flips

8.1180AD
time to end the German reign
unfortunately, taking out Munich wasn't enough, there must be a settler somewhere :mad:
then I discover Stuttgart on ex Byz land, take it out and :goodjob:

we are rich now with 6000 gold

take Stockholm to help block the north

take out a barb camp that has popped up in former German land

being very conservative with money, rush a few temples and a settler
we don't want too much land as we would exceed 66%
science to 0%

IT sci methods in, steel next

9.1190AD
ToE is due next turn, since we are close to victory anyway, we should just take steel and refining and beeline to amp units
but I leave th decision to the team (and thus MM whether to switch off research for a turn or so)

take Aarhus to be able to advance, our own past pillaging will make us slow here initially
raze Bergen and Oslo
plant a city o bust some fog

btw, I really do not comprehend that no matter how much we pillage, Inca always seem to have all resources

situation, once we are beyond the choke, our many armies should be able to make mince meat of the enemy

as stated above, I did not MM this turn as it all depends on our decision

1. conquest
a. take steel and refining
b. take AT and electronics
c. wait with ToE and time it to get 2 more expensive techs

2. domination

I am actually for 1c and that would mean to switch our prebuild to maybe Smiths to make more money. We can get steel in 5 and should be able to get to combustions fast

If we chose domination, very simple. Rush more temples and plant a few towns with rushed settlers

Since I would really like a conquest win, I agree with 1c. It shouldn't take too much longer to play that out than domination (2, maybe 2.5 sets instead of 1). I'll take out the big MM guns again and see what I can do to get the best research speed :). Maybe I'll even slow down the military part, so that next player still has something to do while waiting for techs to come in. ;)

I got it, but I have a lot of work today, so this will be for tomorrow morning. Expect me to finish 26 hours from now.

Roster
Mumpulus - Up, playing tomorrow
Greebley - On deck, but with this small roster it hasn't been so long, so maybe swap with Own again? You guys decide.
Own
Mizar - still MIA
ThERat - Just played

Based on an "old" image:

We are 5 techs away from marines: steel (5t), refining (7t), combustion, mass production, amphibious warfare. We can build ToE from scratch in 9 turns, starting after next turn. I'll try to get steel down to 4. The Incans may research refining, which will make it cheaper. Then 2 techs from ToE, and let's say 5 more for AW. That makes 15 turns to go.

Not too sure about Inca getting refining, IIRC they are in anarchy right now...or was that Korea? 15 turns to get all techs + 2 turns to take out that city sounds right.

Greebley should be able to finish it, nice :D

0) 1190AD
Switch Entremont to Smith's

I start out with 99 scientists, 1 policeman, and 24 civil engineers. I reconfigure a lot, diminishing emphasis on builds. I end up with 154 scientists and 1 policeman, but steel still in 5 (at 70%). Do a second round to no avail. Also spend an obscene amount of money on libraries and universities. Alesia is our top science city, so I start Newton's there. I end up with 169 scientists. Shift troops to quell resisters.

IT
Loose a cav. [0-1]

Entremont: Smith's > ToE
Constantinople: Library > Worker
Karakorum: Library > Worker
Adrianople: Library > Worker
Varna: Worker > Worker
Lugdunum: University > Army
Verul: Cavalry > Library
Tolosa: University > Cavalry

We get another palace expansion, but what's more important: we've saved a turn on research. :)

1) 1200AD
Move Newton's to Lugdunum, because after its university it has become the top city, especially after switching some tiles. Put it on slight starvation to get it in 9.

Kill 4 rifles and berserk in Trondheim and raze it. eCav kills Jap cav. 2 vCavs kill berserk and Incan LB. eInf barely kills Jap LB. vInf kills Incan rifle. vCav kills Jap rifle and promotes. Knight army kills Jap LB. [12-1]

I make sure there's no fog in our lands; I don't want to be bothered by barbs.

IT
Nicaea: Library > Wealth
Alesia: Infantry > Infantry
Nulaan: University > Cavalry
Daland: Cavalry > Cavalry
Izumo: Worker > Worker
Ratae: University > Cavalry
August: University > Infantry
Ebora: University > Infantry
Isca: University > Worker
Lezoux: Settler > Wealth

2) 1210AD
Finally remember to sell barracks for 1 or 2 turns worth of research.

Kill 2 rifles in Satsuma and capture & abandon it. vCav kills Incan LB. eCav kills Jap musket. Loose a cav army at Osaka :mad:. Second cav army kills a rifle there. Cav army kills berserk near Reykjavik, then rifle inside. [19-6]

Refining will be in 6 now, nicely timed with ToE.

Silks are hooked up; we have all luxes now.

My estimate yesterday was too optimistic. I'll continue tonight.

IT
Loose a cav and 3 slaves to a cav near the ruins of Trondheim. [19-7]

Tabriz: Library > Cavalry
River Bend: Temple > Wealth
Verul: Library > Cavalry
Camu: Cavalry > Infantry
Gergovia: University > Cavalry
Aged: University > Infantry
Erdenet: Aqueduct > Wealth
Isca: Worker > Cavalry

Three more palace expansions :D

3) 1220AD
One of the furs near Ebora wasn't even mined yet :dubious:

Found Steel Town > Wealth.

2 eCavs and 1 eACav kill 3 Incan cavs. vCav kills Jap rifle and promotes. eInf and vInf kill 2 Incan rifles. vInf kills Jap rifle. vCav kills Jap LB. Cav army kills the remaining rifle in Osaka and razes it. eCav kills Incan LB. vCav kills Incan rifle. vCav dies on Incan guerilla. vGuerilla dies on Incan rifle. 3 vInfs kill Incan rifle, guerilla, and LB. vCav kills final Incan LB. Two cav armies can just reach to kill 2 rifles in Reykjavik and raze it. A single cav army kills 3 rifles in Kyoto and captures it. Move armies and abandon. [39-9]

IT
Nothing.

Steel > Refining in 6.

Leipzig: Temple > Harbor
Utrecht: Aqueduct > Wealth
Agedincum: Aqueduct > Wealth
Nuremberg: Temple > Harbor
Rat's Coritanorum: Temple > Wealth
Choy: Worker > Wealth
Odense: Aqueduct > Wealth
Lapurdum: Artillery > Artillery
Incense Town: Settler > Wealth

4) 1230AD
Our conscript infantry get target practice on some barbs, but they don't promote.

Cav army kills 2 rifles in Tokyo and razes it. eInf kills Incan LB. eCav kills Incan cav and finally, finally I get a leader. Cav army kills rifle in Edo. [44-9]

Found Gap to fill a gap > Wealth.

IT
Japan drops an MDI in our core.

Verul: Cavalry > Cavalry
Richborough: Cavalry > Cavalry
August: Infantry > Infantry
Ebora: Infantry > Infantry
Burdigala: Cavalry > Cavalry

5) 1240AD
Cav army kills 2 rifles in Copenhagen and captures and abandon it.

Cav army kills the last rifle in Edo and razes it. eCav kills Incan guerrilla. eACav kills Jap LB. 2 eCavs and 1 vCav kill 3 Incan guerrillas. 3 cav armies kill 3 units in Machu Picchu. Knight army kills 2 rifles, Cav army kills a 3rd in Kagoshima and raze it, and the Japanese are OCC. vCav kills the landed MDI. [59-9]

Refining in 4, ToE in 5. Continue tomorrow...

IT
Another Jap MDI near Entremont. Toku is giving this his very best :D

Berlin: Temple > Wealth
Leipzig: Harbor > Privateer
Nulaan: Cavalry > Cavalry
Heraclea: Worker > Wealth
Nuremberg: Harbor > Privateer
Ratae: Cavalry > Cavalry
Aged: Infantry > Infantry

6) 1250AD
eACav kills the landed MDI. I'm going to block tiles here, because it could cost us a turn on ToE.

Cav armies kill 2 rifles in Machu Picchu and raze it for 44g. 2 eCavs kill 2 rifles, vCav kills guerilla in Atica and autorazes it for 47g. Cav army kills 2 rifles and a guerilla in Andahuaylas and razes it for 49g, sinking a boat in port. Cav army kills rifle in Tiwanaku.

3 vCavs kill the 3 guerillas they can reach, 1 promotes. [71-9]

IT
Leipzig: Privateer > Marketplace (Transport prebuild)
Rotterdam: Aqueduct > Wealth
Marsh Town: Settler > Wealth
Nuremberg: Privateer > Colosseum (Transport prebuild)
Cologne: Worker > Wealth
Catarac: Cavalry > Cavalry
Tolosa: Cavalry > Cavalry
Lindum: Cavalry > Cavalry
Isca: Cavalry > Infantry
Glevum: Settler > Wealth

7) 1255AD
Our conscript Infantries get target practice yet again, but still don't promote.

vPrivateer enslaves Jap rFrigate.

Found Ownonium to fill another gap > Wealth.

Cav army kills 2 rifles in Vilcas and captures it for 50g. Sell bank and barracks and abandon it after these actions: Cav army kills 2 rifles in Ica and razes it for 53g. Vilcas army and second cav arm kill another 2 rifles, knight army kills guerilla in Arequipa and razes it, gaining 56g. Yet another cav army kills 2 rifles in Vitcos and also razes it, capturing an artillery and 61g. East Inca is gone.

Cav army kills and MDI army kill 2 rifles in Corihuayrachina and capture the town with 68 gold. Sell barracks.

eCav kills guerilla. eCav kills rifle. 4 vCavs kill 4 guerillas.

Cav army kills rifle in Tiwaniku. Yellowline army kills another, but is now redlined, so this will have to wait until next turn. [91-9]

Abandon Coriwhatever.

IT
Japanese drop a cav near Gergovia.

Curovernum: Settler > Wealth
Camu: Infantry > Infantry
Gergovia: Cavalry > Cavalry
August: Infantry > Infantry
Ebora: Infantry > Infantry
Rutu: Settler > Wealth

We get another palace expansion, how nice :)

8) 1260AD
eCav kills the landed cav. eInf kills Incan cav.

Cav army kills 2 rifles in Tiwanaku. It has Leo's, but I raze it anyway :devil:, forgot to check the loot. Cav army kills guerilla and 2 rifles in Vilcabamba and razes it, with 86g.

2 eCavs kill 2 guerillas, vCav kills a third. [101-9]

Found Greeblanium and Mizarorum to fill more gaps > Wealth. We're 84 tiles from a domination win now...

IT
Nothing.

Refining > Combustion (11 turns just with scientists :))

Northwest: Worker > Wealth
Hareid: Worker > Wealth
Stockholm: Worker > Wealth
Monguntiacum: Aqueduct > Wealth
Aged: Infantry > Infantry
Lapurdum: Artillery > Artillery

9) 1265AD
Found Mumpulorum in another hole in our territory > Wealth.

Fire all 160 scientists. Making 711gpt for one turn.

2 Cav armies kill 2 rifles in Huamanga and capture it, along with 105g. Sell marketplace and barracks.

At Ollantaytambo: Cav army kills rifle and is redlined. vCav retreats on rifle after taking off 1 hp. vCav dies on guerilla. vCav dies on rifle without making a scratch. vCav retreats on rifle after taking off 1 hp. vCav kills rifle. vCav kills guerilla and razes Ollantaytambo for 315g. Abandon Huamanga. [106-11]

IT

Entremont: Theory of Evolution > Wealth
Eboracum: Settler > Wealth
Mongu: Settler > Wealth
Nemausus: Worker > Wealth
Alesia: Infantry > Wealth
Tabriz: Cavalry > Wealth
Lugdunum: Newton's University > Wealth
Nulaan: Cavalry > Wealth
Fog Buster: Worker > Wealth
Daland: Cavalry > Wealth
Ratae: Cavalry > Wealth
Naissus: Worker > Wealth
Wine For Us: Worker > Wealth
Dyrrachium: Worker > Wealth
Burdigala: Cavalry > Wealth
Cheers: Worker > Wealth

And another palace expansion of course :D

10) 1270AD
Amphibious Warfare is due in 4 turns at 70% and +115gpt.

Start bombing Nara: destroy barracks, temple and kill 3 citizens.

Found Darwin > Wealth.

And done.

> Save <

:goodjob: I think we should go for a double victory domination/conquest...5-6 turns to go, make sure we have prebuilds for sufficient marines and then settlers to go beyond the domination limit after taking the last city

Most of our military is near Entremont. Ships are in a town southwest of Nara (forget the name). Some artillery are in position to bomb Nara, but there's not much left to bomb.

Sorry Greebley that you don't have anything left to do. I didn't try to go fast, I didn't use combat settlers our anything, but we were just rolling.

Top Bottom