Music of Civ VI

It would be great if the uShaka song were to return.

Well, that wasn't actually lyrics from a real Zulu song, but praise poetry.

This is the melody which inspired Michael Curran to compose Civ5's Zulu themes.

Here's hoping we get the DLC/R&F themes added to the soundtrack. I know Geoff Knorr has been pushing for that.

Well, that wasn't actually lyrics from a real Zulu song, but praise poetry.

This is the melody which inspired Michael Curran to compose Civ5's Zulu themes.

I would like to know if that song were to show up as Shaka's new theme (with lyrics from that song instead of the Shaka praise poem).

I would like to know if that song were to show up as Shaka's new theme (with lyrics from that song instead of the Shaka praise poem).

We'll see soon enough. When the First Listen video is added to Youtube, I will ask Geoff Knorr or Roland Rizzo (depending on who composed it) about the Zulu theme inspiration.

Zulu First Listen is up!

Last edited:
Zulu First Listen is up!

I love it. To be honest, the music pushed the Zulu over the top for me-- they will be my first R&F civ to play (this from a peaceful builder player). Let's go, Shaka!!!

Here's hoping we continue getting vocals in music in future DLC/the next XP.

After listening a few times, I'm getting the impression this is my favourite theme in Rise and Fall!

Zulu First Listen is up!

I kinda like it, but not as much as the other themes. Although it's a welcome hearing that there's none of the over the top chanting of the Civ5 theme.

One of the commenters on the video said that the Atomic era sounded like it had autotune. Anyone had that impression?

One of the commenters on the video said that the Atomic era sounded like it had autotune. Anyone had that impression?

Oh definitely. Not sure how I feel about it, but it certainly makes it sounds more modern, in line with the synthetic sounds of the other Atomic themes.

The themes in general are great though. I like that style of singing, and it meshes very well with the Medieval and Industrial settings too. A good upside to having Shaka as a neighbour :p

Top Bottom