Musical choice for SOE movie

Better Mucis?

• Total voters
BTW, it's much brighter in its orginal form. For some reason Youtube makes everything darker, and I had to halve the resolution so that it wouldn't lock up on the website.

Hey, i'm the only nut that voted Verdi. :lol:

Well it's no choice but i would have prefered "O Fortuna(Imperatrix mundi)/ Carmina Burana" but so I decided to choose Verdi....

Samez said:
Well it's no choice but i would have prefered "O Fortuna(Imperatrix mundi)/ Carmina Burana" but so I decided to choose Verdi....
Too Cliched... and it wouldn't work for a victory.

In this case, the music from Pirates fits much better. But if you want, I can suggest many other classical music pieces that would fit better than those two.

Oh trust me when I say this. I spent an entire night going through my LARGE classical works and movie soundtrack collection to find stuff that would fit. These were the best that were both short and fit the mood. There are many many pieces of music that are 'better' standalone, but not good for what I was looking for. For instance.. Carmina Burana is only 2.5 minutes long and comes in 2 movements... with a long 'quiet' part in between... not good for this.. The Battle music from gladiator is great... but it's 9 minutes long, just a huge build up!!

How about this one? It is called "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" and it is the main theme from the movie "Space Odyssey 2001" (which, btw, you realise, was a very old movie).

More, it has 2 minutes and something, and it fits perfectly with your movie. It has the atmosphere you need, and if you cut some seconds from the begininning (which can really be cut, since are just a strange noise) and some seconds from the end (there are at least 20 seconds you can cut from the end IIRC, but I might be wrong and they might be just 10 or 15) you get to the 1'17'' time. The end of this piece fits perfectly with the "Congratulations" part.

Personally, I think it fits better than any of those two.

I definitely preferr the them to Pirates of the Carribean..... Sounds more cinematic.

Top Bottom