my BACKPIECE tattoo

Yeah, I mean, for everybody says it's a great tattoo, theres gonna be somebody like me who doesn't like it. As long as you're happy with it, that's what matters :goodjob:

When you say black and white, do you actually mean white ink, just black ink on skin? I quite like monochrome tattoos, but I think white ink looks weird.

There's a white man and a black man who are in the lavatories, where Mother Nature called them.
While they are doing their business, the black spots the letter S A tattooed on what the white man is holding in his hand to pee. Surprised, he asks what's for.
"Well, says the white man, my girl friend is named Sandra, and when I have an erection, the tattoo shows her name in full."
Then the white man spot the letter S A tattooed on the black man's tool. "Oh, your girl friend is named Sandra to?"
"No, it writes Souvenir of a week hunting elephants in equatorial guinea"

CurtSibling said:
Why do you want a giant goldfish on your back?

Usually most people who get goldfish is because a goldfish can get as large as its environment will allow. Which can be veiwed as a metaphor for life in human society as well. I like goldfish tats but I don't want one.

Nice tattoo, soulwarrior. I like the traditional japanese styles in general. I plan to get a dragon on my right shoulder and neck but am going to sleeve my entire arm out and am still working on the design. Keep the pics coming. :goodjob:

jimbob27 - no white ink. my skin is white enough ;)
it will be black ink in 5 shades (black - dark grey - grey - light grey - no ink at all)

steph - good one :lol:

king flevance - i will indeed keep the pics flowing, as event merit (meaning i {and you} will have to wait about a month for the next session.
would want to rush mommy nature, would we?

do you have any sketches yet? care to share?

Sure, I am not going traditional japanese on mydragon but am going to try and get a good Borris Vele.. Vele something. The Fantasy Artist. He works with Julie Bell alot. She is good too. I want to steal a dragon that I like from them. Then I need some stuff translated into hebrew also for it. So far it is a dragon on my shoulder that will be guarding a parchment. On it I am going to have a prayer in Hebrew. The blank part is what will be around the parchment.

I have to find all the hook-ups for my scanner, when I do I will post them. I should be able to find them if I look for them. I am lazy, can't rush nature ;P. I will post some this week though. :)

Looking good SW!!! You da man.

Pimpppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnn! Hehe.

I really need to think about what it will say then for sure. That is the hardest thing about this tattoo. I want my wording perfect and everything. Let me know if in the translation if anything begins to seem out of context and I will try rewording it if I have to. My sentence structure is definatley not proper and I know that will sort of mess with the spanish language as their structure is different. I still gotta finish learning it. I am reduced to like a 5 year old now. lol.
I can only count to 39. :p

Anyways, I will probably post them throughout the week. I am heading into my workweek now so it may be a few days before I post anything. Thanks for the offer on the translation though. :goodjob:

jimbob27 said:
Sorry if you insulted... but Omg that looks rubbish. It's like you've taken the design of one of those crappy dragon shirts everybody used to wear a couple of years ago.

Very very lame.

Hey I have a couple of them. I like them though. That guy is just wearing it like a .... hmm nevermind better not say. But he needs to un-pop his collor and button it up. And he needs it 1 size larger. With some baggy ass jeans on or some baggy pants of some kind.

Then it would look a bit better. I like the dragon patterns some people make though. My T-shirt I have on right now has a dragon on the back. lol. To each his own though. :p I never thought Tommy Hilfiger had anything to offer. But somehow there was a craze on his basic ass stuff. I know there is alot of people that view the shirts like that though, but we don't care.;) Sometimes I feel like "the guy in the Harley Davidson shirt in front of you in the line with lighting bolts all over it." If you know what I am talking about. But I don't care, I like the shirt.

>< I don't know where I put those hook-ups. I will keep searching but here is a basic design idea I made up in paint. I may do a little more surfing tonight to find some Borris/Julie artwork of some dragons.

King F - ican get the dragoon part, but whats onthe sleevework?
looks like a scroll or writing of some sort...

take your time with the pix, as i am departing on a 9 day tour of vienna and hungary, and will not reply////

Yeah, the sleevework is a scroll. Hebrew reads up-to-down right? The dragon will have a serpent body like the one in your tat and will wrap around my shoulder and have his hind legs on my under arm with his tail ending at my elbow. I have been thinking of having the artist do a smoke effect on my arm in the areas that won't be dragon or scroll. But I wouldn't mind spicing it up with something else as well. I just don't know what yet. I don't want fire or water as fillers but your tattoo made me think of maybe using air swirls like what is on your top left shoulder. I bet that lower back is going to hurt like a MF. :eek:

king -

lower back.... the first time i screamed like a 3 year old. beware!
hebrew is RIGHT TO LEFT.

why not put in something from the goodbook?
psalms, something?
pick a prayer you like....

your sleeve should be able to fit in quite a few textlines.

I want the tattoo to represent my personal creed. A message to God when he takes my body back. In it, I want to include my appreciation for my body to use however I saw fit and that I have made some mistakes in abusing it. Also, something along the lines of the Lord gave me a body to communicate to others through. And that these marks I put on the body he gave me was permenant reflections I wished to show other people communicating through symbolism. And many times in my life my tattoos have opened some minds to people that discriminate based on looks. And finally, that I am sorry if he is ashamed of me for abusing a privelage. Then ask for mercy on my soul and that I pray in Jesus's name.

Eran of Arcadia said:
Of course, the sketch makes it look like you are going to get a tattoo of a tattooed back on your back . . .

That would be cool. Very recursive.
Damn right ! If I ever get a tattoo it's got to be a recursive one :lol:

Looks good sw, can't wait to see the actual piece :thumbsup:

ok, noticed the poor quality of the pix, but that is what i can supply now.

at last i found time to take some pix.

this is from the second session:
notice the cover work done on the lion.

third session:
lower back area.
this was the first time i have used a relaxant balm.
work wonders.
if youre ever going to get a tattoo done, especially a large one, ask the artist if he has any.
i hardly felt a thing.

and for an overall view of things....

JUNE 10th 2007 - almost DONE, after a full year (18 months if you include the drawing work and planning)
last session, which had some shading, and all of the dragons linework was a killer.
i almost regretted doing it.
almost!

i expect to have just one more sitting.
tell you the truth, i have mixed feelings about this ending.
one the one hand, its damn painful (by far the most painful tattoo i have done. ever.), but OTH, i have already started envisioning my other ribs (maybe a chinese lion dog? maybe a "lion rampant" a'la English heraldry, mixed with some oriental motifs.
i also want to finish my arms, but dont know quite what.
but i will take atleast a years break from getting tattooed.
i need the rest.
and i need the cash.

i have struck a deal with the tattoo guy.
we agreed on 5500 NIS (roughly 1200$US).
about what i expected.

Soul, good luck with it, Im sure it makes you happy. But to me its like having to wear the same shirt, forever.

Tattoos, or 'tramp stamps' as I call them, are awful.

AWFUL.

Top Bottom