My boats are sticks

curlybenno

Chieftain
I have Vista, my system meets more then the recommended requirements, and I have downloaded and installed the patch. Even uninstalled, shut down my computer, and reinstalled, but still my boats are four or five sticks:confused:

Any advise?

I have the same problem. Wish someone on here knew what to do. My graphics are betetr than the recommended so I dont know what the prob is.

Have you tired simply going back to the main menu and starting the game again, that works for me sometimes, and if that doesn't work then normally the next boat I create is normal. If all of your boats are sticks I sadly cannot help you.

OK, I think I have the same problem...the sticks I believe are actually just the game only rendering the logs on the ships masts. It seems to not render the rest of the ship, including sails and the hull. It's just annoying to look at. I have an Intel Chipset4 GMA4500MHD gpu, but since it seems that others have the problem, I can't see it being that. I'm running windows 7 Home Premium. Anyone have an answer?

its driving me mad! for me its not only the boats but also the people dont show at all, for the indians you only see their bows and arrows walking around. My computer is also more than capable to run the game so god knows whats wrong.

I believe that I have the same problem. One temporary solution I have found is that if you go to the civilopedia from the main menu before loading your game and open a few of the pages for units, the units will appear. This must be done before you load or start a game though. My guess is that it is a problem with loading the unit graphics.

Found this in another post and it worked like a charm.

Same problem.. but I see it with using and English colony ship. I tried Dutch and the ship showed up fine... rrrrr.

Top Bottom