My civilopedia info will not show up

nokmirt

Emperor
I have a unit named galleas that worked but now in the middle of my game the unit info in the civilopedia does not show up. An enemy built one and it was a galleas but the hull was blue, it is not reading the unit info in the unit folder, where should I put this besides, in my mod? There is no info for strategy or a unit description, just a blank page with the icon of a frigate which I am using as the button. Where do I put my unit info show the civilopedia entries show up?

In your unit info XML file, you will have created your unit, and in that coding there will be something like:

Code:
<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_GALLEAS</Description

The text keys link to the civilopedia

so you need a file like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!-- My Edit -->
<!-- Sid Meier's Civilization 4 -->
<!-- Copyright Firaxis Games 2005 -->
<!-- -->
<!-- Game Text - New -->
<Civ4GameText xmlns="http://www.firaxis.com">
<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_GALLEAS</Tag>
		<English>Galleas</English>
		<French>Galleas</French>
		<German>Galleas</German>
		<Italian>Galleas</Italian>
		<Spanish>Galleas</Spanish>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_GALLEAS_STRATEGY</Tag>
		<English>The earliest armed naval vessel, [COLOR_UNIT_TEXT]Galleys[COLOR_REVERT] can transport 2 land units. They cannot enter ocean spaces. </English>
		<French></French>
		<German></German>
		<Italian></Italian>
		<Spanish></Spanish>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_GALLEAS_PEDIA</Tag>
		<English>[TAB]The galley was the first ship designed for war. Introduced by the Greeks, galleys were powered by banks of oars on each side, manned by well-trained oarsmen. These oarsmen were highly paid professionals or patriotic citizens, not slaves and prisoners as depicted in fiction. A huge, bronze "beak" mounted at the bow of the ship was used to ram and sink enemy ships. Because of its long, narrow hull, the galley was very unstable in all but the calmest waters, and as a consequence its crew rarely ventured out of sight of land for long periods of time, lest the ship be caught in a storm and sunk.</English>
		<French></French>
		<German></German>
		<Italian></Italian>
		<Spanish></Spanish>
	</TEXT>
</Civ4GameText>

In your unit info XML file, you will have created your unit, and in that coding there will be something like:

Code:
<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_GALLEAS</Description

The text keys link to the civilopedia

so you need a file like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!-- My Edit -->
<!-- Sid Meier's Civilization 4 -->
<!-- Copyright Firaxis Games 2005 -->
<!-- -->
<!-- Game Text - New -->
<Civ4GameText xmlns="http://www.firaxis.com">
<TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_GALLEAS</Tag>
        <English>Galleas</English>
        <French>Galleas</French>
        <German>Galleas</German>
        <Italian>Galleas</Italian>
        <Spanish>Galleas</Spanish>
    </TEXT>
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_GALLEAS_STRATEGY</Tag>
        <English>The earliest armed naval vessel, [COLOR_UNIT_TEXT]Galleys[COLOR_REVERT] can transport 2 land units. They cannot enter ocean spaces. </English>
        <French></French>
        <German></German>
        <Italian></Italian>
        <Spanish></Spanish>
    </TEXT>
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_GALLEAS_PEDIA</Tag>
        <English>[TAB]The galley was the first ship designed for war. Introduced by the Greeks, galleys were powered by banks of oars on each side, manned by well-trained oarsmen. These oarsmen were highly paid professionals or patriotic citizens, not slaves and prisoners as depicted in fiction. A huge, bronze "beak" mounted at the bow of the ship was used to ram and sink enemy ships. Because of its long, narrow hull, the galley was very unstable in all but the calmest waters, and as a consequence its crew rarely ventured out of sight of land for long periods of time, lest the ship be caught in a storm and sunk.</English>
        <French></French>
        <German></German>
        <Italian></Italian>
        <Spanish></Spanish>
    </TEXT>
</Civ4GameText>

I have all that and I still have only the button without info. My other unit shows fine.

Would that also cause me to get a python error that crashes the game. As soon as it is created I get it when the unit tries to appear.

if the button is not exactly 64x64 pixels the game will crash as soon as a city tries to build the unit. It is because of the way the EXE processes the button to display it in the circle on the city bar.

Thanks, I'll double check that.

Top Bottom