(My first SG)For newbies

I'm in, and since I play a bit higher than the level proposed, I can help you guys too. :)

So when does it begin? Cuz I've got a couple days of school left, and then I'll be FREE!!! and I can focus on this some more...

EDIT: delete this post. I didn't write it- I think my brother did.

I guess I'll join since I was asked, but I would recommend we play it on standard with 8 civs. This way there's less peaceful expansion and more war(and other interesting stuff like that)

Hey guys, I am assuming my low post count has allowed you to find me as a "newbie". Although I have not posted much over the past year, I would not say that I am a newbie. That being said, I rarely play above regent and haven't really played for about half a year now. I have been plugging away on mods since I gave up on GOTM and HOF stuff.

I am interested in the succesion games...that is what this is for right? My only question would be, what is the time committment involved, because I am a teacher and will be quite busy in the week 5-6 weeks. Also, at the end of June I will be moving to São Paulo and then travelling for a month. Please keep me posted for the future, but I don't think I will have time until August or September.

hohow cody I'm glad with have a player like you in the team , welcome .
yagtag7 don't worry , just keep practicing on higher levels but leave the Cheiftan level , everything difference on other levels ( especialy after Monarch )
I can recommend for Standart with 8 civ ( include us ) too .

Dear Teacher , I guess we can still hold you in the roster as "Inactive" , but it's all what Penquenino will decide . ( we already have enough players so it won't be a problem )

Penquenino , we've 4 new players when 1 is inactive . so we actually have 3 new active players .
I guess you can update the roster , post a SAVE with your turnset details , and order the roster .

goodsmell said:
Dear Teacher , I guess we can still hold you in the roster as "Inactive" , but it's all what Penquenino will decide . ( we already have enough players so it won't be a problem )

Penquenino , we've 4 new players when 1 is inactive . so we actually have 3 new active players .
I guess you can update the roster , post a SAVE with your turnset details , and order the roster .

Alright.....so i guess this SG has taken a bit of popularity overnight (i guess random PM´s do work....:D :D :D ). First, lets change the settings a bit, since i see theres been some commnents on the map size and number of civs. How bout this?:

Regent
Standard
Temperate
4 billion years
8 civs (All random, excluding us)
Roaming Barbs
......I still need the input for our civ, so all of you who are listed in the following roster need to vote on our civ in a post, before i post starts......

Roster:
Pequenino
goodsmell
choxorn
yagtag7
cody_the_genius
Little Corporal
WilliamOfOrange(I don´t really know how long this SG might take:( , but im including you in the roster...if you want to be out post so:D )

@goodsmell:To tell you the truth, i don´t know how to post the link in my signature:D :D :D ......................EDIT: I´ve learned :D
@choxorn:It´ll be a normal game, since we can go at a faster rate, and still learn
@yagtag7:I´ll post starts as soon as we agree on world setting, and civs. Don´t worry about ur difficulty level, I barely beat the AI in Warlord.:D :D
@WilliamOfOrange: Sorry for the newbie thing:blush: , i only sent you a PM because i saw that u were playing at a dificulty level of Warlord. Like i said before i dont really know when we´ll start or end

PS: GMT +1:00
PS2:If WilliamOfOrange joins decides to join the roster...then the SG will change from 20 turns each player (In Ancient and Middle), to 15, that way we can speed up the game, and it won´t take so long for other players to get their second shot at it.(The turns for each player in Industrial and Modern will still be 10, regardless)

Alright, so here are civ votes so far:
Pequenino, America
goodsmell, America
choxorn, America
yagtag7, Japan
cody_the_genius, ?????
Little Corporal, ??????
WilliamOfOrange, ????????

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I guess its pretty much decided what civ will be playing, but ill keep the votes up just in case of a tie.......or in case the remaining players all vote for Japan

I think you just should pick your civ , I mean civ that you want to play as .
no votes no nothing .

If we want it easier , I guess we should pick Industrious and Science civ .
we'll road and mine and chop faster , libraries cheaper , free tech on each new Era etc..
but to start it faster , I'll stay with America . They'll be good enough :D

I vote for Persians. I think we need a veteran's opinion on this, though. Since this is for newbies, we need to pick a civ that will give us good traits for people who are just starting to play Civ3.

Going with americans. Starts:

I don´t know how to paste them in the post, so somebody pleaaaaseeeee teach me:D , meanwhile u´ll just have to download the images. BTW, it wouldn´t let me attach number 2, so there is only three starts.

I´ll log back in tomorrow (its 23:42 PM here), see what start u´ve chosen, and play my 20 turns. Good luck deciding!;)

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_001.gif
    ScreenHunter_001.gif
    108.1 KB · Views: 315
  • ScreenHunter_003.gif
    ScreenHunter_003.gif
    113.4 KB · Views: 299
  • ScreenHunter_004.gif
    ScreenHunter_004.gif
    109.1 KB · Views: 332
Top Bottom