• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

My First SG - Regent for Warlords

Well, either I had initiative and did a good thing, or I jumped the gun and did a bad thing. Only time will tell.

Pre-turn: Our neighbors are all up Map Making and Code of Laws. I don't like this. I trade Lit and TM to Babs for Code, MM, their TM, and 7 gold. No worries that he'll trade it to the others, though, since they literally have nothing to trade for it.
Trade WM with Arabs too. Oh man, they have a lot more land than I thought....

710 BC: Upgrade two warriors to Swords.

690 BC: Iznik Horse -> Horse
Konya Worker -> Spear
Adana's production switched from Barracks to Galley

670 BC: Istanbul Horse -> Horse
Aydin Spear -> Worker

650 BC: Edrine Barracks -> Horse

630 BC: Research turned down since it finishes next turn.

610 BC: Philosophy research finished. Start Republic.
Istanbul Horse -> Library
Persians begin Colossus.
Babs begin Great Library.

590 BC: Nothing worth mentioning. Just worker action.

570 BC: Iznik Horse -> Horse
Izmit Worker -> Spear
Aydin Worker -> Horse
Ooh, I wish I could start this war right now. There's a very tempting Settler pair right out in the open. Aw what the hell, I'll do it.
I contact Xerxes and demand his World Map. Ha ha, he gives it. I then declare war honorably.
A Persian warrior is killed and the Settler it was guarding is captured.
Horse troops move within range of Persepolis.

550 BC: Edrine Horse -> Temple (getting unhappy there)
Istanbul's Library changed to Temple (getting unhappy there too)
Horses attack Persepolis. The first wins, but redlines.
The second horse wins with no damage, goes Elite, and captures the city! [dance]
The remaining Horses move in to fortify the city.
I also capture a Persian worker elsewhere trying to hook up an Iron. :nono:

530 BC: A Persian Horse swoops out of nowhere and recaptures a slave worker. I kill that Horse with a Horse of our own, but he's all ready retreated the worker to saftey. I then move our Horse one space North....right in front of two Persian warriors! Crap, he's dead.
Konya Spear -> Spear

Sorry if I jumped the gun with the war. I just couldn't help it. I doubt the Persian will put up much of a fight since their remaining towns are small and isolated. The road to Antioch needs to be pillaged ASAP to cut off their supply of Horses. They almost have a road to the Iron, but that can be easily cut off, too.

Our military at the moment is very small, which makes what I did very risky. The next player should really build up more troops to continue the offensive.

Screenshot:

The save:
530 BC save

Got it. Will play tonight.

Although I haven't looked at the save, I would say that the war is fine.

IIRC having taken a world map in exchange for peace you have broken a 20 turn peace deal. This may make future trading difficult.

Obviously I will attempt to take Pasargadae and Susa on my turns. Hopefully Antioch and Susa will be at size two by then and they will go too if I don't run out of turns.

Good turn Hooray. :thumbsup:

BTW: Heard from vbraun lately? He seems to have dropped off the planet.

EDIT: I think I'll put a settler and a spear on a boat and send them over to the island you have uncovered. Get a couple of harbours built on either side.

Sorry to make this so brief but I am up in another SG tonight too and have to try to make it.

Turnlog.

530BC: Pre-turn checks OK, but change konya from spear to rax to enable upgrading.

IBT:
Warrior attacks our Horse. Horse wins promoted to elite
Another warrior attacks same horse, horse retreats.
Ack Persepolis riots :( Hire Entertainer.
Bursa settler - settler

510BC: Worker turns

IBT:
Istanbul temple - horse
Uskadar barracks - Horse

490BC:
Move Horses into position for attack on Parsagadae and Susa

IBT:
Persian warrior attacks Susa bound horse and loses, promoting horse to elite.
Iznik horse - horse

470BC:
Move more troops on Pasargadae. Abandon attack on Susa as it has pop rushed a spear and is now pop 1.

IBT:
Adana galley - galley

450BC: Attack Pasargadae. Reg Sword first. Redlines but wins against reg spear
Vet Horse second against spear. Loses two Hp but wins
Vet Horse against spear. Redlines but retreats.
REg Horse against spear. Wins and takes city.
Pasargadae - Temple.
Elite horse against horse wins.

IBT:
Persia land a couple of warriors north of our new city from a galley. We have no defence. :o
Istanbul horse - horse

430BC:
Reg horse kills Persian warrior
Risk vet 2hp horse against warrior, redlines but wins.
Izmit change production to settler. We need to fill the gaps.

IBT:
Arabs request audience and want to exchange tmaps. Fine.

410BC: Start to move a few horses towards Tarsus.

IBT

Edrine temple - horse
Babs complete Pyramids :D
Americans complete great Wall. Wow they must have popped a shed load of huts.

390BC
Regular horse against spear in Tarsus wins
3/4 horse against spear in Tarsus wins
Elite horse against spear in Tarsus wins and takes city.
Tarsus - Temple
Peace treaty with Persia they give us Gordium as part of the deal
This was so we could concentrate on the Babs to get the Pyramids.

IBT:
Istanbul horse - settler
Iznik Horse - settler

370BC:
Started moving troops towards Babylon.

IBT:
Babylonians start Colossus. Too good to be true.

350BC:
Konya changed from rax to settler.
Upgrade warrior to sword.

IBT:
Uskadar Horse - Horse
Persians begin Colossus. You must be joking.

330BC:
Continue to move troops Southwest.

Our Empire:

The <<save>>

Excellent! Persia is permanently crippled now.
I'm surprised they gave Gordium since it has a resource. The AI tends to hang on to those fiercely.

This is the only access I have to a computer until the 14th but anyways, I'll put in my 2 cents. Very nice sets of turns. The Persians are out, and if we quickly fill up the land of former Persia, we will become the superpower on this continent. Babylon might attack us, however. We limited there growth due to our positions at Bursa and Edrine. We should prepare for an inevitable (in my opinion) sneak-atack by them.

Has any one noticed the arabian scout is in the same spot in the last 2 screenshots? :p (And its in the way) Ill play tommarow.

And a sneak attack from bablyons is almost ceratin. :( We should defend the citys near there territory.

I wouldn't worry too much about Babylon. I rather hoped they would be the object of our attentions now anyway. Lets just keep building horses, and go after them. We have a few elite units now already, so I reckon we have a fair chance of getting a leader for the FP soon.

Remember, this is a conquest attempt. We don't have the luxury of time for building culture. Units and marketplaces, thats all we need, with one harbour soon just for good measure.

I had to update to 1.27 at the computer im using this week so i cant really play all week i tried to get it to workso i could play both 1.21 and 1.27 and heres what happaned:
So Hooray your up

vbraun: to be able to play both 1.21 and 1.27 do the following.

Install Civ3 V.1.29f
Install PTW 1.07f
Apply PTW 1.21 patch
Copy the entire CIV3PTW directory and rename it PTW121
Apply the 1.27 patch.

If you use the exucutable in PTW121 you play V1.21f
If you use the executable in CIV3PTW you play V1.27f

Hope this helps.

BTW you stole my old avatar ;)
I approve. I like the Keshiks.

I cant get to the real Post Reply thing(Im using the one on the bottom) and i was downloading the file and the speed was 398 bytes/sec and i can rarely get to the page i want. I hate att. Ill try to play in an hour....

I'm up? Okay, go it.

Sorry to keep you waiting. I was away for a few days.

EDIT: Waaaaiiiiit just a minute. Why do you say I'm up? I was up only two turns ago. Surely it's someone else's turn?

I would me my turn but i cant get 1.21 to work. Maybe if we all upgrade to 1.27 i could then play my turn. Plus ive been really busy.... So Hooray if you want you can go..

Pre-turn: Almost make some changes to build orders, but decide not to.

310 BC: Istanbul Settler -> Horse
Edrine Horse -> Horse
Trade Literature, WM, and 10g to Arabs for Mathematics.

290: Xerxes has Polytheism for trade, but I refuse to pay monopoly price.

270: Iznik Settler -> Horse
Aydin Horse -> Worker
Arabs start GL.

250: Istanbul Horse -> Horse
Konya riots. Oops.
Adana Galley -> Spear

230: Republic learn. I hold off on the revolt for a turn. Construction research started.
Edrine Horse -> Horse
Bursa Settler -> Barracks
Izmit Settler -> Spear
We somehow learn that the Aztecs have finished the Lighthouse.

210: Konya Settler -> Spear
I overthrow the Ottoman Despotism. The Domestic Advisor says that things will be under control in only 4 turns. Whew, no 7 turn anarchy for once...
Edrine and Istanbul get Tax Collectors to prevent rioting.

190 BC: Sinop founded on a Gold Hill.
Ankara founded in a crappy jungle spot on an island.
Kafa founded near the Persian capital of Susa.

170: Anarchy is boring.

150: Anarchy is still boring.

130 BC: Society stabilizes and a great Republic is formed.
We somehow learn that the Americans have finished the Colossus.

We have a somewhat sizeable force in Bursa that's ready to take on Babylon any time. We still need to build more Horses, though.

The Save:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/vbraunsg_130_BC.SAV

vbraun and andvruss: I am up in three SG's at the moment. The timing is awful. I suggest that either vbraun or andvruss take my turn, otherwise I won't be able to play until Saturday.

Is that OK?

vbraun: Have you got 1.21 running yet. If not PM me and I'll help you sort it out.

I was at a diffrent computer all last week and i needed to update to 1.27 to play mp game... (its amazing how many peole had 1.27 :eek: ) Ill take my turn tommarow. And then Andvruss can play his turn then Mad-Bax. Sorry for being away from the fourms for a wihle been really busy :rolleyes:

Thanks for helping me out guys. Being up in 3 Sg's over a weekend puts me in a difficult position with my family.

andvruss: I have been in touch with vbraun. Would you like to take the next set of ten? If you can play in the next 24hrs then please do. Ifyou can't or don't reply then I will play.

Top Bottom