My Gundam Mod!

I haven't posted here before, but like everyonme else I am hoping that you get this completed. Don't give up, keep going. :)

The models and animations that you are producing for the Gundams are some of the best I have ever seen for civ 3, I like them very much. :goodjob: have you got any plans to do a Meteor unit like in Gundam Seed?

Thanks! I will make effort to be completed. It is rear to wait for me to complete Chinese modern unit, I will begin to make gundam units.

Well I really hope it hasn't been given up on. I'll even take whatever was made and work from there. I've been aching for a Gundam mod.

My advice, send La_Dav a personal message... his last activity was May 1st, 2010. It is safe to say he has moved on from this project.

Ask him if he can supply you (or us) the mod by putting up what he has completed, so someone else may continue it for him. That is, if he still has the files.

Actually March 1, 2010.

Damn, this is a real shame. I joined, in hopes of seeing a rebirth of this mod. I've got a few of the units La_Dav did put up, and even went to the extent of trying to email him. I just don't know... I really don't know jack about making units, though I'm reading up and learning. I want a Gundam mod so bad that I've already started making one for Civ 3 (not Conquests).

It a mixture of modern civ units, La_Dav's work, The Space Terrain (can't at this very moment recall whose, though its the one with land terrain and ocean tiles using a starry overcast. Credit list is in my notepad somewhere). Thing is, I need help. Not a whole lot to be satisfied, just a two or three other Gundams, and the Talgeese certainly. And mass production mobile suits, naturally. Maybe some armors.

I know, I know, not a lot of people support the whole manga style mecha. That's them, and I don't debate the issue. I know what I like and why, for practical and impractical reasons both. *sigh*....
Sorry my first post sucks. I'm just really disappointed that I can't contact this guy, or find out how to even get the other units he was working on. And everyone else seems so busy; it'd take a fan who understand Gundam Universe to make a mobile suit the way it deserves, and unless someone would be gracious enough to prove otherwise... guess that's just the breaks. It'll be a long time before I figure out unit making. I'm just not the type, but I'd like to try anyway...

Still pretty awesome units. Useful for extended later stage mods...

Oh, oops! I was a couple months off... He may stop by again, perhaps someone should drop him a note.... it looks like alot of work has been put into this, would be great to actually see it in action.
No big deal, it happens to the best of us :D

Still pretty awesome units. Useful for extended later stage mods...
I think I have all of the Gundam units he released somewhere on my computer, if not then I'm fairly certain that MarineCorps does (as I got several from him).

Yeah, I noticed that MarineCorps is the one who uploaded them for actual downloading, which was extremely kind. If you do have them Tank_Guy#3, I'd appreciate whatever you could assist me with, please. I've got Wing Zero, X-05T, Providence, HeavyArms (from BlueO, I think it is), Deathscythe, Freedom, and Gundam1 (Its like a custom gundam of La_Dav's. Orange and white.) I grabbed the Leapord as well, but I think I need to make an ini file for it first. So far, with the addition of the awesome units I've found here, its going nicely, but I mean, with Zaku and Zaku 2 as the only mass produced mobile suits from the series, it feels lacking. I'd truly dig some Leos, Aries, Taurus, Virgo, Cancer and Pisces units. I'm a Wing Fan, overall, but hell, I'd take any mobile suit that finally gives me a beam cannon. lol

but hell, I'd take any mobile suit that finally gives me a beam cannon.

Oh ,really ? Then you might wish to check here :

Ripptide's Battletech Units
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=190097

Has taken me an hour to find it back... :old: So I really hope you will find there something useful for your current work.:)
Check at least the posts #1 ,#2 ,#4 ,#49

Best luck to your project dude.

... and please DO NOT POST THERE ,Okay ?

Your time was not wasted, in my opinion! Stars and garters... Well, I now have enough mecha to have at least three stages in mass production. And so many beams... I love it, General 666, THANK YOU soooooooooooooooooooooo much! I'll give them an in-game test run first before deciding on which, but that was dead-on. Truth be told, I think those pretty beams just dusted the Gundams I'm using, since even Wing Zero only uses a machine gun animation... :confused: ... I'll think of something. Graci, General, graci.

Agreed, General. And they filled some nice gaps I was having with something called mobile dolls. Basically, unmaned, automated units. They have heightened response times and accuracy, but are horrible at close-combat. Almost all too easy to convert to Civ purposes, so great find.

Whoa! Yeah, I certainly did miss that. And here I thought I did a somewhat thorough scouting job. My thanks is eternal.

And no, General, I've got quite a few Gundams: Wing Zero, Heavy Arms, Providence, Freedom, Gundam (horribly misspelled in the unit folder, and its not a series Gundam; probably a custom job by La_Dav, which is even better), 1907, X-05T, Leopard, and Deathscythe. The last makes me a bit sad because its my personal favorite Gundam and yet its attack is unfinished so I won't be using it for some time. :( Not to ramble my fanboy head off, but I treat Gundams like most of the series. That is to say, specialty units; one or two for each Civ, as the anime did for the Colonies and/or Factions. Unlike most mecha anime, Gundam (the series not the suit) was deftly filled with various mecha for mass production. They were titled "mobile suits" and based off of various real life functionalities. They even inspired some technologies used and being tested today. But that's what I'm thinking I may have to do myself; build the mobile suit units. So far, as in the series, my mod incorporates real military units alongside the Minovsky Advancement, which basically shut down the effectivness of long-range combat (i.e. being able to just bomb a country without getting down and dirty face to face). Its my hope I do this right and give people an experience in Civ that reflects the undertones of the series, without making it a mod that just appeals to Gundam fans. That'd be pointless, in my eyes. *shrugs* For now, I'm happy replacing mobile suits with the mechs people have created here. They're more than worthy of it, I believe.

Whoa! Yeah, I certainly did miss that. And here I thought I did a somewhat thorough scouting job. My thanks is eternal.

Ah ,good. Than my effort wasn`t unprofitable.:D
... Deathscythe. The last makes me a bit sad because its my personal favorite Gundam and yet its attack is unfinished so I won't be using it for some time.

I have found no "Deathscythe" unit on my HD.:( Maybe I`ve got it under a different name/folder/unit-pack. Can you please link me to it ? I`ll take then a look at the attack anim. A chance exist that I can fix it for you.:)

That'd be amazing! But even if not, I feel better knowing I can at least get you a unit you don't have yet, even if its not something you can use. Who knows, maybe it may come in handy for some project or another. *shrugs* :) I'm going to trying to release a beta version of the mod by next week, if I can. Don't expect too much out of it though. I'm learning as I go, but if I can make it work, I'd be honored if you'd test it out and offer some tips. Here's the Deathscythe link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=124767

Just to tell you, General, I'm in a great mood; gave one of the Gundam's a self-destruct feature, even found the alarm wav from the show. Wing is now a fightning nuke, in a sense, though learning I-field technology/titanium alloy/uranium/Ultra-Compact Compact Fusion (UCF) Core Technology allows you to build three units that can withstand the self-destruct... most times. An attack, defense, and artillery unit each. Takes away its bombing feature though. Thought it was worth it, but still considering. I'm thinking of giving it to a few other units as well, maybe a tech that allows you to upgrade 2nd Gen mobile suit mechs to a unit of equal stats, but with that feature... Still thinking. I'm probably gonna start my own thread on this once the mod is in beta form.

Top Bottom