My one gripe about Beyond the Sword

Sean Connery would be hilarious for the voice work.

double post

They should have hired Ahnuld. I'm sure the governator would have had time for a few lines :)

They should have used Peter Cullen like the trailer did. I'm pretty sure that Spock could only be trumped by Optimus Prime.

Öjevind Lång;5725027 said:
You know, I never thought Leonard Nimoy reading those texts was that wonderful. Half the time he sounded as if he was longing for the lunch break. I haven't played BtS yet (I hope to get it *today*), but I'm keeping an open mind about the voice issue.

But that was all part of the charm! You could almost feel the indifference when he reads out the Railroad quote or 'beeps' to Sputnik. On the flip side, he sounds quite interested when reading out the classical quotes 'Teach a man to fish' etc.

Maybe they should have altered Sid's voice a bit. Make it a less tinny sounding and deeper. ex. http://www.jeffpinard.com/Sid Laser2.mp3

As it is, hearing his voice cut in after Leonard Nimoy does distract from the game. I really dislike the disparity. But it may have come out this way due to cost. The voice actors guild is stronger and demands more money than they did 3-4 years ago. But honestly, I think any half-way decent actor's voice would have been better than Sid's. Or a female voice would have been nice too.

is this guy only for the new techs or all of the techs. i havent played as far as the industrial age so i dont know wat u guys are talking about

is this guy only for the new techs or all of the techs. i havent played as far as the industrial age so i dont know wat u guys are talking about

Sid Meier does the new techs and if I'm not mistaken, some others (I vaguely remember an old tech being said by Meier) but aesthetics is earlier than the industrial era, the quote "Art for art's sake..." or something like that

Well, Sid does tutorial voiceover for vanilla Civ4.

Yeah, but you go back and forth between a professional, commanding voice, and an unprofessional, average voice. That the main problem I think, you are used to it sounding so much better.

they shouldve had one person throughought even if it was the worst person available or have had every single tech talked by someone else.

Top Bottom