[R&F] My problem with Mongolia

Whistled Blues

Chieftain
I'm a huge player of Genghis Khan, to the great unfortune of my friends. But they developped a new policy of declaring war immediately when seeing me .

What am i supposed to do except changing civ ?

I have several suggestions:
1. Beat them anyway;
2. Pillage their lands until they sue for peace;
3. Employ some diplomacy, like them paying tribute for not declaring war or promise not to;
4. Play solo games;
5. Deal with it.

Your "friends" simply do the correct thing, I saw that widely proposed for multiplayer games - in order to prevent the bonus strength Genghis gets from trading posts, simply do not let him start a trade route by declaring war outright. Opposed to computer players, real players are not limited to the game's diplomacy.
There is a reason some civs are not played in MP, online or friend games (Sumeria, Nubia, Macedon and the like). You can't change that even by changing friends...

I'm a huge player of Genghis Khan, to the great unfortune of my friends. But they developped a new policy of declaring war immediately when seeing me .

It's simply bad game design, similarly to Persia, Australia, India and other civs that gain advantages for fulfilling some obscure condition like "declaring war" or "being declared war". It is so obvious that humans will exploit that both in multiplayer and singleplayer that the designer who came up with that should be forced to play civilization 1 several weeks :)

I suggest banning certain civs so that everyone starts on an equal footing.

Play a different civilization. What's the point of constantly playing the same civilization after you (presumably) have beat your opponents with Mongolia many times?

Play as Australia and watch as no one declares war on you. :D Same with Gandhi.

Play Amanitore and declare on one of them. Skirmish. Settle a 2nd city with a bunch of choppable lumber. Build builders, wait for the Apogee and Conscription cards. Chop the forest with Magnus, apogee, and Nubia +50% ranged unit production bonus. Create like 30 Nubian archers from 6 chops. Declare war on the all.

how would you pay for those 30 archers? :)

I would create an initial wave of Pitati archers to go forth and search for enemy quarries, then pillage them for culture. This would get me to State Workforce and conscription sooner than later. Of course, I could also pillage anything that would yield gold :D.

The problem is you're playing as an early aggression civ, so they need to take you out or you'll take them out.

I've heard some friend groups make a house rule that they can only declare war against city states until the medieval era. That way, people can still play as aggressive civs but no one has to worry about being wiped out early.

Play as Alexander and they will not DOW you...and if they do, never give them peace!

Well I mean, there's still 31 strength chariots and you could beat them to printing.

The problem is you're playing as an early aggression civ, so they need to take you out or you'll take them out.

I've heard some friend groups make a house rule that they can only declare war against city states until the medieval era. That way, people can still play as aggressive civs but no one has to worry about being wiped out early.

Keshig is a Medieval unit. ;)

Top Bottom