My story: Finding Colonization

I noticed no one has posted here for a while so here is short story...

It all began with a vacation several years ago, I was introduced to the game of civilization while visiting our extended family in another state. It was civilization 4 we played if I remember correctly, and I loved it an awful lot. A short while later I decided that I loved it so much, that I bought Civilization 3, quickly fell irreversibly in love with it and played it for quite some time. Then I began to crave more so I began to think about buying the next installment, Civilization 4. I finally decided to cave and bought it, little did I know that one of the most wonderful games in the world, Civilization IV: Colonization came with it. Needless to say my life has never been the same...

Recently I have found this wonderful site and all of its great downloads and projects, I hope to become a integral part of the Colonization community.:)

I noticed things have been quite around here.

Well, Civ4:Col is now almost 6 years old. :)
(Published in 2008)

And it never had a popularity comparable to Civ4(BtS) so its community has always been much smaller.
(Most of us agree, that Vanilla was not that great.)

Many of the people that have been around in the forums for Civ4Col have left a long time ago.

Sadly that is especially true for most of the first and second generation of modders.
(Luckily though, there are still new modders showing up from time to time.)

Most of the people that still regularly drop by are either:

1) Modders (crazy guys :D)
2) hard core fans of one of the mods

Thus most of the discussions are very much related to one of the mods and thus usually take place in the project forums of that mod
or if it is more general modding related topics in the "Creation & Customization" subforum.

Thus all other subforums have become pretty quite.
But I would say that is pretty normal. :)

Yes, there are many reasons why it is quiet, but none of those prevent someone like me, crazy about Colonization in its many forms and mods, from putting a very short story on the forums. I hope to fall in the first category eventually. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and maybe some other nut (loveable but still a nut) will post a story. :)

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and maybe some other nut (loveable but still a nut) will post a story. :)

Thanks for writing. :)
Would be cool the see some more life in all subforums again.

Top Bottom