My2k starships and BE connectivity working???

autumnmoon

Chieftain
I bought starships when it came out specifically because of the 'integration features'. I remember them being underwhelming but would still like my accounts connected.. That said I verified my account still works to log in at accounts.2k.com and is still linked to my steam and google accounts but when I type in the correct info in both games I get a message "you failed to login". Is the server shut down for good? Is there a way to access that integrated content without it?

It's still there, but it can be finicky. Keep trying. Try things like killing steam or starting the game again.

You can do that too. There are just a couple of edits to the ini if you didn't want to use a mod.

Care to share the .ini settings?

I'm also having problems connecting my2K. (FYI I have Starships and unlocked several things ages back but I'm not seeing those now).

I thought you'd never ask...

Starships unlocks
In 'Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Gameplay\XML\Civilizations' you'll find:
CivBECargo.xml
CivBEColonists.xml
CivBESpacecraft.xml

They can be opened with a text editor. The new bonuses will look something like this:
<Row Type="CARGO_ULTRASONIC_EMITTER"
Description="TXT_KEY_CARGO_ULTRASONIC_EMITTER"
ShortDescription="TXT_KEY_CARGO_ULTRASONIC_EMITTER_SHORT"
GrantUnit="UNIT_ULTRASONIC_EMITTER"
IconAtlas="LOADOUT_ATLAS"
PortraitIndex="22"
FiraxisLiveUnlockKey="UltrasonicEmitterUnlocked"/>

Just remove the (FiraxisLiveUnlockKey="UltrasonicEmitterUnlocked") part that contains the unlock-code (but make sure to keep the /> at the end), save the files, restart the game and they'll all be available to you.

To unlock the 2 map scripts you need to go to Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Maps\ and once again open both files (Inland_Sea.lua and Tiny_Islands.lua) with a text editor, search for "FiraxisLiveKey" and delete the line. Save, start the game and the maps should show up.

Top Bottom