n0x-01 -- I Wonder...

Paul, that sounds serious. Take care of your RL issues and forget about this game until you are sorted.

My condolenses Paul. That is a terrible loss.

I apoligize all for saying that I would post last night, but something came up and it did not happen.

Also I would like to say that I think this will probably be my last turn set. On Friday I am leaving for Vacation until the begininning of June, I will have intermitent internet access, but won't be playing civ :cry:. So I will be able to throw my 2 cents in, but not to play, if the game is still going when I get back then I will pick it back up with pleasure.

T0 800AD- Things are looking a lot less busy than the last time I played. Sina left instructions not to trade with Hatty, too bad she has some useful resources we could trade for, but I think we are already past the time where we can vacillate on who will be our friends and enemies. Alex will declare war on anybody for the right price, I am really tempted to have him declare on some one. Maybe we should discuss this and the next player can do it. I was thinking that he should declare on Hatty or Mao (does anyone know the diplo penalties you get for this now before the patch it was only -1?). We need more workers and more military, these are the things I will build during my turns.

T1 Madras worker finishs, this city is at size 6 and could be 10, so it will produce military while it grows.

T2 Zzzz

T3 Zzzz

T4 Genghis comes along and demands 80, I think of it paying 80 gold to get a +1 in Diplo and hand over the cash (however I think he just made the list of people we should consider getting Alex to attack). Spices come online 100 :). Machinery finishs, Engineering in 13, Angkor Wat in 3. Nobody has engineering, we are only down Feudalism, compass (maybe something beyond this?), and Drama.

T5 875 Work Boat finishs

T6 890

T7 905 Angkor Wat finishs-fear not Sina! So now, with 9 turns left on Engineering I probably should start on some military, but instead I start the National Epic. In about 10 turns we will get another GP, lets see if I can changes that, okay so now the GP will appear in 6-7 turns, but there was already a lot of points put in to this person, so we could very likely not get a Prophet. Hypathia was born in a far, far, far, far, far, far away land.

T8 920AD Wine is hooked up.

T9 935AD Okay that city near the iron to the east of Delhi-I think we should chain irrigate from Delhi to Lahore the to that city and then to Madras. It will be for other players to decide so think about that as an option, we should start growing those coastal cities fast. Also I think we need to save the Great Engineer, Versailles is going to have to be built soon and it is huge! Using the Enigneer will get us most of the way there, it should IMHO go where the Sistine Chapel went in Bangalore to put more pressure on Nanjing (I would have thought that city would have flipped by now, but...) well lets keep putting pressure on it.

T10- Zzz. Great Person in 3 turns, still only like 30% chance of it being a Prophet.

Thoughts: Save that Engineer for Verasailles in Bangalore. Chain irrigate the three coastal cities, once they hit maximum population, then cottage over the farms. We are still down COmpass, Drama, and Feudalism, and no one wants to trade (I might consider a switch to Serfdom when we get feudalism, if you need to whip something then switch back, no penalty!). Probably we should consider some military, courthouses, and granaries (especially in cities less than size 6). I think that this game is wrapped up, our tech lead is consolidated, we are past the real push to grab every wonder, it will be like one wonder from here on out, our diplo could be better, but the tech advantage helps that in that we can bribe people to do our fighting for us. But keep building units too, especially archers (upgrade to longbowmen soon), crossbows, and cats, defensive units for now.

Ok. I'm up and will attempt to get this tonight or tomorrow morning.

n0xie. We may want to see if we can get an alternate as you and I are the only ones left for the moment, although Sina will be back by the 9th and Paul when things in RL are sorted.

Verry sorry to hear about your tragic loss, Paul. Take care of yourself and your family.

---------

Yay! Very happy that we got Angkor Wat as well. :D
I agree that it is now a good time to build up infra and especially military.

I'd wait a bit with arranging war until we have some defense/offense so that we don't look like a snack on the way anymore.

I have internet access here, but no computer to play the game on.:(

:lol: at sooooo.

Played my 10 turns and it's no where near as nerve wracking as before. We have a tech lead and are juggling all these wonders quite well.

I started my turns at 950AD and played through to 1100AD so we have made it into the last 1000 years and own all the world wonders. :thumbsup:

In 1010AD we popped a great artist. I put him to sleep together with the engineer so we have to work out what to do with him. I think we should be settling some new cities in the South and West directions and maybe we can use him to force the borders back. The engineer must be saved for a wonder that we urgently need at some stage. The other option for the Great Artist is a tech.

Engineering came in 1040AD and I went for Divine Right next. The other choice I saw us having was Nationalism. I think no-one has the pre-reqs for Nationalism yet so I went for DR.

The Hagia Sophia was started in 1055AD. I am not doing it in the capital as we need it to build a few of the infrastructure buildings for a while. I chose Banagalore as the location for it as it can do it in just over 20 turns and it can do with the quite large culture per turn that comes with it. I did a bit of a look around the trading screens and it seems no-one else has marble. That combined with the fact that no-one has engineering should give us plenty of time to get the HS done.

In 1070AD I traded for Feudalism with JC. He is last in the tech race but has this tech that we don't. I traded Code of Laws which everyone has and Theology which not many have. Theology might let him trade around for a few other things but most of the techs he would be able to trade for are worth quite a bit more and by the end of my turns he didn't seem to have traded it on for anything else. So it seems to have been an ok trade.

At the end (1100AD) we are almost 50% ahead in score than the next guy. I didn't check the power but we have been building a few units in our growing number of towns so hopefully we won't be too easy pickings. We may want to build some offensive units in case we get attacked.

Divine Right is due in 10 and Hagia Sophia is due in 18. Still got the monopoly on Engineering. There are a couple of techs we are behind but they don't have wonders attached. Trouble is we can't tell whether the AI has any techs beyond those. Keep an eye on them and when a number have got them we should try and negotiate some trades.

As I mentioned above, I think we should be looking at getting some more cities squeezed into the area we have. We will need more than we have and I don't think we will be able to go to war for a while yet. I like the idea of getting the others to war between themselves but we don't get any cities out of that.

I didn't take any screenshots as nothing really changed and for once I didn't finish any wonders.

Here's the save. I think n0xie's up.

I like the idea of having the Hagia Sophia in Bangalore, but I think that we should put Versailles there too, use the Great Engineer for that.

Welcome back Paul. Haven't seen n0xie for a while but he does seem to go AWOL from time to time and then come back. You got time to play a turnset? Sina's on shore leave and Atlas is on long term leave, n0xie's awol and I played last so you're up :p .

:bump: What's happend to n0xie? Hasn't been online since the 3rd. Hope he's OK.

Anybody able to play? Paul? Sina are you back from you're holidays and willing to play? I don't want to see our so far successful wonderific start go to waste.

I just got back and can probably play tomorrow morning/afternoon. I'll grab it then if nobody else takes it before. :)

I don't think I played a good turnset. It was interrupted by several crashes which each required a long break. I'm afraid I lost the plot somewhere there.

I did not reconfigure Delhi for growth for example as we did not need the Prophet for Divine Right anymore.
I noticed this a few turns in and decided to go ahead now anyway because I think he'll give Drama after DR and the the Artist can give Nationalism. We now have a Great Prophet and a Great Artist sleeping in Delhi. I'm for using the Prophet on Drama and hope I'm not mistaken and the Artist really gives beakers for Nationalism.

I built infra mostly and 2 Longbows and a Crossbow I think.

Divine Right finished on my last turn and I tentatively selected Nationalism as it is the next wonder tech. We could also go the Liberalism route and take Nationalism as our free tech. I think we would get there first.

Hagia Sophia in 7 turns and Engineering is still a monopoly tech.

Next wonders up are Spinal Minaret and Versailles. Bombay and Madras have no hammers invested in their buildings, so either can be changed to Spinal Minaret right away.

Islam was founded in Bombay and I left the Missionary unmoved there.

Sorry for this report just from my memory. I don't think I messed up badly, but it was not my careful usual play.
I need a new computer or hubby is in serious danger! :mad:

View attachment 126264

This is what I do when the computer plays up :badcomp: . You can substitute your husband if that doesn't work.

I will open up the save when I get home from work and have a look at our tech options from here and what wonders we need to start prioritising.

As n0xie has disapearred, it's only the two of us left (Sina and I) and Paul a maybe, I'd like to ask if there are any lurkers out there who would like to step in as alternates?

I got it. Playing my turns now.

I'll pick a city to build the Spiral Minaret and Versailles in. I also agree that we should go for liberalism. I'll have a look to see if I think we can get it before the others.

Started of this set of shots by having a look at the upcoming wonders. Not really much coming up is there?
- Spiral Minaret (Divine Right) - Available
- Versailles (Divine Right) - Available
- The Taj Mahal (Nationalism) - Researching
- The Statue of Liberty (Democracy) - Nationalism -> Constitution -> Democracy (No hurry at all on this yet)

The Great People will give the following at the start of my turns.
- Engineer will give 1659 towards guilds
- Artist will give us Drama
- Prophet will give us Drama

I made the following changes to builds:
Madras I changed to a settler. We don't have enough towns and with our huge cultural borders we can settle down south before someone else does.
Bombay to Spiral Minaret. Why here? Because this place gets Great Prophet points from all it's other buildings so it matches.
Missionary is sent to Bangalore.
And I whipped the Monastery in Delhi.

In 1166AD, there was the first revolt in Guangzhou. It's a start. One more flip and it's ours.

Nothing much until on my 6th turn (1196AD), Mao came demanding Engineering. I turned him down. Then the next turn (1202AD), he closed borders with us. Uh-oh. I take a look at our power to see where we stand. Here's the pic.

Not very confidence inspiring. Luckily I have been building a few barracks and soldiers in my turns.

In 1208AD, the Hagia Sophia completed.

I seem to recall somewhere that we weren't trading with Hatty. Can't recall why and she is very friendly with us. I refused her open borders and some trades earlier in my turns but now I look at the tech situation and decide that we should do some trades with her. I trade her Theology for Drama and gold and her world map. I then trade Theology for Compass and 20g to Alex. Both of these guys are damned friendly with us.

I founded a city (can't recall the name) in the south on my 2nd to last turn. It'll get bananas and iron and dyes? IIRC. We still have room for another one on our Northern coastal border too.

And then on my last turn (1220AD), the horns.. blare out and this comes up.

:eek: :cry: :( . Not much to say about that, the picture says it all.

Now we aren't in terrible shape but we can't afford to loose any of the towns that are likely to be attacked as they all hold wonders. We are under slavery civic so can whip the living daylights out of our towns to get an army together and we have a few reasonable defenders around too. In fact we should whip walls first and then defenders. We can also use one of the GP's to help research nationalism and then draft an army but this might be slower than whipping.

Julius will go to war with Mao for music and Hatty will go to war with him for Civil Service. Not sure if we need them too yet but keep it in mind.

He has so far only sent one stack that I can see. Here's a pic of it. Have a look at the save too to see the situation clearer. We need to work out how best to defend this.

My ten turns finished at that. Bit of a mess, but I think we can get out of it ok and with no wonders threatened at the moment, the timing isn't the worst either.

I won't bother posting a roster because I really have no idea who is playing any more anyway (except Sina :D of course).

Here's the save:

:lol: I guess I should have asked for any lurkers interested in playing AND waited for a response before posting my turnset with Mao declaring on us...

Ouch! Just saw this. I can't say it came unexpectedly. :(

I think first order of business is to switch off research for a while to get cash for upgrades. We have a few Archers and Axes around. And Then whip some Longbows and Maces and a Pike or two, I guess.

I also think that we should enlist who we can right away. He might turn some of the units he has on the way to us around then.

This'll be tough!

Top Bottom