• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Naeralith Reborn: MODMOD Design and Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATES

Added my first design of the tech tree as an attachment to the first post. This is just the flow of techs. I will be creating the detailed specification of the technologies (beyond the fourth tier) over the next few days

Enjoy :)

Al

Hmm... My I pod is making some very strange sounds... it stops when I look at it and starts again when I don't look at it. This gave me a very good idea for Fae illusionist spells, what about instead of summoning illusions, illusionists can actually apply illusions to frighten enemies or subdue them?

For example, an illusionists can probe their enemy's most heartbreaking moment, twist it around, and show it back to them even more frightening and heartbreaking.

If a soldier lost his parent to a demonic assult in his childhood, but never actually saw them being killed, an illusionist can show them their parent being torn to bits. Finally, if they refuse to be turned off by those illusions, they can show them the illusion of those bits turning to some weird monster and trying to eat him.

I really need to investigate that sound now, its bugging me.

excelent spell list, i especially like the cross sphere spells.

and the tech tree looks great too :D

Ty Llamas :) Look forward to more updates soon :) Working on a bit of lore during the week. Hardcore tech tree design by next weekend! :D

Hmm... My I pod is making some very strange sounds... it stops when I look at it and starts again when I don't look at it. This gave me a very good idea for Fae illusionist spells, what about instead of summoning illusions, illusionists can actually apply illusions to frighten enemies or subdue them?

For example, an illusionists can probe their enemy's most heartbreaking moment, twist it around, and show it back to them even more frightening and heartbreaking.

If a soldier lost his parent to a demonic assult in his childhood, but never actually saw them being killed, an illusionist can show them their parent being torn to bits. Finally, if they refuse to be turned off by those illusions, they can show them the illusion of those bits turning to some weird monster and trying to eat him.

I really need to investigate that sound now, its bugging me.

Oooh I like it... will have to think on the mechanics at some point! Hopefully your ipod hasn't killed you ;)

Al

Oooh I like it... will have to think on the mechanics at some point! Hopefully your ipod hasn't killed you ;)

Al

The Mechanics could work as something akin to blinding light, causing a promotion similiar to 'spooked' granted by haunted forest in FF and Orbis, and a few direct damaging ones (mistaking one another for tasty, giant, sea-salted, peanut wearing a top hat).

Soooo... Alzara, when is the update? :)

Soooo... Alzara, when is the update? :)

Sorry about the brief silence. Have had a day off today and spent a large chunk of it discussing ideas with Psychic Llamas on msn. I've been working on my leaders so I can start getting coding done soon. Will post some more lore shortly :)

Al

UPDATES

Added a detailed designed of the tech tree up to tier 7 now. Also updated the tech tree diagram to fix minor mistakes.

Also two new leaders added. Pasha Kayla of Parthia and Selina of the Fae :)

Had to remove some of the sections I put into the first post. Was seriously running out of characters. Will need to somehow split things up into posts from now on. Resources and magic were removed but I will post them back with more detail... somewhere lol

Enjoy people. Again any suggestions are welcome. Espionage system upcoming also :)

Al

Decided to split the Fae into the Seelie and Unseelie courts. More to follow soon at the weekend when I have time :)

Decided to split the Fae into the Seelie and Unseelie courts. More to follow soon at the weekend when I have time

YAY! i bet everyone will be surprised with the Seelie fae :p some interesting twists ;)

Seelie Fae idea of silly (See what I did there)Fae seems nice (Just joking).
Oh yeah, and did you decide what to make of my idea for Illusion spells?

YAY! i bet everyone will be surprised with the Seelie fae :p some interesting twists ;)

Hehe well actually I've moved the surprising twist to another civ... the Seelie Court is still a WOP. Though this mod will definately need a mature content warning lol

Admitedly FfH isn't exactly disneyland ;)

Al

Seelie Fae idea of silly (See what I did there)Fae seems nice (Just joking).
Oh yeah, and did you decide what to make of my idea for Illusion spells?

I like your illusion spells. I am still finalising the leaders and civilisations. Once that is done I will move onto units and buildings. The magic system will follow that... definately like the way the Unseelie would use their illusions though :)

Feel free to post spell suggestions! :)

Al

yes, I definitely think a levitation spell would do nicely. A way for either caster or entire stack to cross impassable (and maybe ocean) would be cool.

The way I see it, either a spell to add levitation to the caster, or a spell sacrificing caster and adding permanent fly spell to all in the stack. Just a thought.

What about Meteor? You need an item that you can build at a ridiculously high production cost, but it allows you to cast immensely powerful spell.

Idea stolen from FF 7

Hehe well actually I've moved the surprising twist to another civ... the Seelie Court is still a WOP. Though this mod will definately need a mature content warning lol

ooo even the twists have twists :p

and yes, i dont think anyone younger than 18 should play this mod lol... judging from what ive discussed with Al anyway haha

ooo even the twists have twists :p

and yes, i dont think anyone younger than 18 should play this mod lol... judging from what ive discussed with Al anyway haha

Hehe it's not like Llamas says really. I'm just not holding back on the evil nastiness :p

Al

Me younger than 18, me scared now (sucks thumb)

Me younger than 18, me scared now (sucks thumb)

Hehe don't worry. Tis just a joke from the conversations me and Llamas had on msn. Our conversations tend to degenerate LOL.

Will be posting some updates on civilisations today. Have designed a few more. Plus have been collecting leaderhead art like crazy!

Stay tuned :)

Al

UPDATES

Only small amounts. I've updated civilisation names plus added a couple more. I have also collected most of my leaderheads. My objective now is to finish the lore and the first draft of the tech tree. Once this is done, coding can begin.

I intend to separate things out into later posts. They will probably get lost but I've had to remove a fair bit from my first post because of space. I've even deleted tier 7 from the tech tree :sad:

I will probably attach a document instead when I post my next update. Hopefully this wont take too long :)

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom