1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Name, Flag, Motto, Anthem,

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by Nobody, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Blkbird

Blkbird Chieftain

Let's put it this way: A decision now would not be legally binding because a binding decision would require that the citizens be *informed* about the decision they make. This is currently not the case, we are not informed at all, as the most important information (our civ/leader) is not available.

2. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

Well put...:lol: :p

3. Daghdha

Daghdha Absent Minded

The Idiot Partee proudly presents their first draft on our nations flag. Blue represents the ocean and yellow the sun. The dumbstruck look on Mother >enter name here<'s face represents the awe in which she beholds the nations developments:

4. Blkbird

Blkbird Chieftain

Now the identity of our civilization has been revealed, I'like to present my draft of our national flag:

- The square in the middle is a Pyramid (from bird's eye view), it represents our nation's Egyptian origin.
    - The red lines of the Pyrimid symbolizes power.
    - The four sides of the Pyrimid symbolize Science (green), Culture (purple), Happiness (yellow) and Health (white), the elements of a civilization's growth, from which the power is formed.
    - The blue background symbolize democracy, the prime nature of our game, on which the power is based.

5. Nomad Bryce

Nomad Bryce Innovian UU Cannon Turtle

I love it blackbird! Its so symbollic. I mean, I think that Sigmas and swiss's are prettier, but to me, yours has the best meaning. I think any choice is a good choice!

6. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

Alrighty then!

7. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

Also do we name the capital because i'll start taking nominations for that. Also i'm going to start a new naming thread soon. It is right now unofficial but i will keep all name nomiations for evrything in it! I need and answer to the captial question first though!

8. Nomad Bryce

Nomad Bryce Innovian UU Cannon Turtle

I would like to submit a flag Idea! I absolute love egyption symbolism! So what I did was I took the ankh, which is sacred, and used it in my flag to represent cities (Like in the United States where stars represent states) which are sacred to us, since what is our civilization without cities? And then I took the crook and flail, which were placed on the pharoahs at burial, in order to represent that we have laid our beloved pharoahs to rest, and have taken up the call of democracy! It could be a positive or negative that the flag ankhs vary as the game goes on. Anyway, here are my examples, one city, and five cities. Plus, it kind of matches our in game flag in appearance.

Tell me what you think? =] I tend to like simple flags like these.

Edited in: I was just thinking, although I feel that the crook and flail represent the death of the monarchy and the birth of our sacred democracy, perhaps the symbol on our in game flag, which I believe represents ra? (Correct me if Im wrong) Should be included? Maybe in place of the ankhs? Or incorporated in some other way? Feel free to modify my flag idea and add stuff and such. I really do like that eye of ra thing, to guide us through time :p

9. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

cool jazz Nomad. We now have 10 flag nominees. Should we do two polls, one to narrow it down to three choices, and then one final one?

10. vikingruler

vikingruler Chieftain

Seeing as we have 10 different flag ideas a poll should start up pretty soon. Also, we need to discuss our nation name, motto and anthem.

11. Blkbird

Blkbird Chieftain

I second that idea.

If anyone set up such a poll, please post a notice in this thread.

12. Daghdha

Daghdha Absent Minded

Since no poll is up on nations flag I can squeeze in a second, somewhat more conventional, contribution. What it represents...well, mother Egypt is watching her neighbours so they walk like Egyptians...or else :lol: .

13. Tubby Rower

Tubby Rower Chronic Slacker

I like the double Ra symbol. Maybe take off the words and use that as the motto.

14. Daghdha

Daghdha Absent Minded

I was thinking we could have our motto on our flag....Idjutt...:)

15. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers