Napoleonic tactics videos

Hamilton321

Prince
Hello, I have recently been learning a great deal about the Napoleonic wars. They are an incredibly interesting and foundational aspect of the nineteenth century world and no single series of wars has had the same impact. For this post I am going to link a series of excellent sources for the Napoleonic period including Military History Visualized's new video on the subject.

I found the documentary mini-series quite interesting. It really is amazing just how much Napoleon's own overconfidence in Spain and Portugal hurt him. Although, many great empires have fallen due to overconfidence as well if you really think about it. It has been really interesting to learn more about this period in history. I first became interested in the Napoleonic wars due to games such as Civilization and Napoleon Total War. Napoleon is one of my favorite leaders in Civilization V and he is one of my favorite to play unrestricted leaders in Civilization IV with. These games gave me my first knowledge of Napoleon and his feats as well as the feats of the generals who faced him. They also made me very curious about the real life Napoleon. I have discovered that the real life Napoleon was far more brilliant, ambitious and confident/overconfident than he is portrayed in games.

Top Bottom