• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shattered

Lord of Utopia
Viroviana
Nonapolyton
Yasutan
None of the above

This is a public 3-day poll. The result, by plurality, will be the name of our glorious people.

Link to discussion here.

Invalid poll. Where the heck is abstain?!

civ general, if you don't agree with any of the choices, choose "none of the above" :)

It may not count towards any other poll category but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be included anymore. But still, "None of the above" serves a good goal for name choosing.

Doesn't that just mean they don't count? It doesn't say it shouldn't be in a poll. So why not "None of the above" and "abstain"?

We have no rule saying abstain must be in a poll. It is ok to include it. It is also ok to include or exclude none of the above. Times are a changin' CT.

So if None of the above wins....can we use that as the name.

I think there's a 15 character limit on city names, there might be a similar limit on nation names. So it would have to be "Noneofthe above". :p

I checked it in the game, and I stand corrected. The 15 character limit is only there for city names, not for leader or nation names.

I wonder why so many people are voting none of the above, frankly there's been a lot of time to discuss the nation name, did all these people really not bother to post the nation name they would like, or are there that many people who feel spited because nobody seconded their suggestion.

I wonder why so many people are voting none of the above, frankly there's been a lot of time to discuss the nation name, did all these people really not bother to post the nation name they would like, or are there that many people who feel spited because nobody seconded their suggestion.

maybe its just that none of those names seem right. I didnt offer a name because naming things isnt my thing. My dog was unnamed for almost a month till I started calling him something that made sense. ;)

Yes both this poll and the Capital Name poll have a significant % of 'None of the above' votes, does that mean we need new polls for other options? Is there a precedent for this in past DemoGames?

If this poll shows inconclusive results I will repoll with a new discussion, and try to get more people involved in the naming situation.

We can always have another poll to supercede the current one. Rarely there have been people who tried to claim that the results of a poll are final and impossible to change even with another poll. I don't remember any of those claims having been successful.

In the current Constitution we have explicit language that a later poll supercedes an earlier one on the same subject.

Absolutely no improvement over the current name. If nobody can come up with something interesting, why change?

Absolutely no improvement over the current name. If nobody can come up with something interesting, why change?

Wait... we have a current name? This is news to me. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom