Natural Wonder Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [14] -3 The yields for the chocolate hills aren't particularly exciting and the fact that you can't build improvements on its tiles or even really boost the yields all that much makes it an eh wonder that takes up a lot of space to give you yields that will fall behind what your regular improved tiles can do in the mid to late game. Good for a very early little boost, but that's about it.
Crater Lake [13]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [13]
Eye of the Sahara [8]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [16]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [10]
Great Barrier Reef [16]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [16]
Lake Retba [16]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [16]
Mount Roraima [18]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [16]
Piopiotahi [16]
Sahara el Beyda [17] +1 This wonder did me good in a playthrough as Sweden once and is generally a feel-good wonder that turns formerly useless desert tiles into something really useful. Works great with Petra of course, but even without Petra it can be a boon. You might not necessarily want to settle near Sahara el Beyda for the wonder itself, but if you strategy requires you to plonk some cities down near a desert, then you'll always be happy to see this wonder.
Torres del Paine [16]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [16]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Last edited:
Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [14]
Crater Lake [13]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [13]
Eye of the Sahara [8]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [16]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7] -3 Joining the downvoting of Gobustan. This wonder is weak solely because it grants no food, if you want to work Gobustan tiles, then you're forced to give up growing your city. The trade off will never be worth it. I would rather work a 1F1P tile than a 3C1P tile.
Great Barrier Reef [16]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [16]
Lake Retba [16]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [16]
Mount Roraima [18]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [16]
Piopiotahi [16]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [17] +1 I think Torres del Paine is a very strong wonder in the early game solely because it can grant amazing food and production to get out settlers/warriors/whatever you need. A normal 2F2P tiles next to Torres grants 4F4P, which is immense in the early game.
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [16]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Piopiotahi [17] (16+1) Had to remind myself what many of the wonders do, as even after 1000 hours of Civ 6 I still can’t identify them all. But after some prompting, I know that Piopiotahi is really nice to spawn next to. Since the yields stack, you’re receiving two great +2 culture and +2 gold tiles – already just as good as Cliffs of Dover, but with the crucial difference that you can also build a mine or farm on the tile.

Eye of the Sahara [5] (8-3) In my view, all the desert wonders are candidates for early elimination, as working their tiles / founding cities next to them will only render the city in question untenable. Eye of the Sahara is the most egregious case; the only time it’s useful is if you have the desert pantheon.

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [14]
Crater Lake [13]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [13]
Eye of the Sahara [5] (8-3)
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [16]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [16]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [16]
Lake Retba [16]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [16]
Mount Roraima [18]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [16]
Piopiotahi [17] (16+1)
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [17]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [16]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [14]
Crater Lake [13]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [13]
Eye of the Sahara [2]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [16]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [16]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [16]
Lake Retba [16]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [16]
Mount Roraima [19]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [16]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [17]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [16]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Shifting to a normal voring time for me. The eye of the Sahara gives substandard yields on a terrain I rarely want to settle. On the other hand I like the early yields coupled with nice adjacencies offered by Mount Roroaima. If you start nearby you can often get a cluster of productive cities from it.

A few response to comments above:
Cliffs of Dover [1] This is still far and away the worst. The 2c/3g tiles that can't be improved
Probably it won't change your vote but it's actually 3 culture 2 gold.

A normal 2F2P tiles next to Torres grants 4F4P
I believe this is also incorrect. Torres del Paine doubles base terrain yield, not those from feature. So if you have a grassland (2F) hill(1P) wood(1P), only the 2F1P from grassland hill will be doubled, making it 4F3P. Similarly if you have a plain (1F1P) hill (1P) rainforest (1F) you will end up having 3F4P.

Mount Everest... too often locked behind more mountains
This is not a result of RNG BTW. Mt. Everest can only appear in mountain ranges (it can never appear like the way Mt. Roraima does), which might be worth considering for future votings.

Back to voting...

Crater Lake [10] (13 - 3) This is completely outclassed by Fountain of Youth and it's hard to work them.
Ik-Kil [17] (16+1) +50% yields to districts and wonder production is huge, and it always appear in deep rainforest so you get lots of chops to make it even better.

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [14]
Crater Lake [10]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [13]
Eye of the Sahara [2]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [16]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [16]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [17]
Lake Retba [16]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [16]
Mount Roraima [19]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [16]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [17]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [16]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [14]
Crater Lake [10]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [13]
Eye of the Sahara [0] (2-3) ELIMINATED - Poor yields on poor tiles, can have some marginal use with Petra and does offer adjacancy, but so does most of the others.
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [16]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [16]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [17]
Lake Retba [16]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [16]
Mount Roraima [20] (19+1) - That 3 Science / 3 Faith tile is definitely one of my favorites to find in early game.
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [16]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [17]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [16]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Delicate Arch [10] (13-3) More terrible desert tiles that you can’t work if you actually want your city to be productive or growing.

Kilimanjaro [17] [16+1] Holy mother of food. This combined with Artemis = biggest city in the world.

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [14]
Crater Lake [10]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [10] (13-3)
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [16]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [16]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [17]
Lake Retba [16]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [17] (16+1)
Mount Roraima [20]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [16]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [17]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [16]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [14]
Crater Lake [10]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [10]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [13](16-3) It spawns always in the middle of the ocean, always.
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [16]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [17]
Lake Retba [16]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [17]
Mount Roraima [20]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [17](16+1) I always settle it if I can. You can at least work it's tiles without getting hungry... and make it into a nice national park afterwards.
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [17]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [16]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Wet vs Dry

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [14]
Crater Lake [10]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [7] (10-3) weak gain on weak tiles.
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [13]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [16]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [18] (17+1) Besides its strong effect, love the way if affects my city design and placement.
Lake Retba [16]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [17]
Mount Roraima [20]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [17]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [17]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [16]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

I don't have any kind of vendetta against Roraima, but I feel it needs a quick pace check against other wonders that either provide food or fresh water, or culture over science/faith. A lot of times Roraima can be a trap, juicy tiles but no access to fresh water. It's enormous and ends up taking 4 tiles out of workability (it is the largest impassable, featureless/ non-workable wonder, which is a balance check against the fact that it affects more tiles and thus offers more total yields that any other wonder). Science and Faith both play second fiddle to Culture, thus Roraima though strong should be behind wonders like Matterhorn, Pantanal, Ha Long, Eyjafjallajökull, Piopiotahi, or even Torres and Kilimanjaro (bonus points because these are all either passable/workable themselves or make up way fewer impassable blank tiles, so they all create less dead space).

Upvote for Torres. Minimum of 4 (f+p) not counting features (hills will get doubled too) will really get you going faster than anything else here.

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [14]
Crater Lake [10]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [7]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [13]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [16]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [18]
Lake Retba [16]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [17]
Mount Roraima [17]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [17]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [18]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [16]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

General note: I am rating natural wonders on the assumption that appeal matters, else why get excited about a natural wonder?

We all know that turtle reefs and camps in the woods and plantations in the rain forest give better yields. But a natural wonder tile confers +2 appeal to adjacent tiles. So the ones that stand out to me are the ones that offer a unique buff (Matterhorn or Zhangye Danxia or Il-Kil), or the ones that occupy the most tiles, as the effects on appeal are truly impressive as you add overlapping tiles. Furthermore, tile for tile, a passable wonder beats an impassable one because I have the most concentrated appeal bonuses on tiles that can be worked. Since there are only as many Natural Wonders as Religions in a default setup, I assume I'm only going to get lucky enough to get one wonder, and if that's a multi-tile wonder that's where Reyna shall live with Forest Management.

The 4-tile passable wonder is the appeal S-tier. The workable tiles themselves have +6/+4 appeal and Reyna gets gold from them. Then there are 4 tiles adjacent with +4 (+6 with Reyna/FM) and 8 adjacent with +2 (+3). Need I mention Earth Goddess?

TL; DR : I am trying to get the 4-tile passable wonders into the B-list before they are eliminated. Because appeal.

On that note:

Kilimanjaro [14] 17-3 because it's only one tile has marginal appeal value, a food bonus is nice but really the stupid quote they make Sean Bean read off (he obviously doesn't get it either) sets me off. Then the catch: when it erupts low yields but more damage. So like now I have to put Liang here?

Ubsunur Hollow [17] 16+1 As a 4-tile passable has max appeal value (see above). Being located in tundra you get chance of building high appeal Parks you can plant trees in. Gives you 1 food so you're halfway to being able to work it. Easy tourism city great candidate for St. Basils.

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [14]
Crater Lake [10]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [7]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [13]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [16]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [18]
Lake Retba [16]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [14]
Mount Roraima [17]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [17]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [18]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [17]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

For those of us who can't remember what each wonder does: https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Natural_Wonder_(Civ6)#List_of_Natural_Wonders
A good link because I want to see what terrain it appears in, and important notes like how Pantanal says its marsh but doesn't count as marsh (so no appeal penalty, no bonus for Lady of Reeds and Marshes, etc.).

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [14]
Crater Lake [10]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [7]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [13]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [16]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [18]
Lake Retba [13] (16 - 3)
Lake Retba also suffers the problem of wonders that don't give food, but I think Retba can be improved by lighthouse and shipyard.

Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [14]
Mount Roraima [18] (17 + 1)
Roraima is good even for a 4th or 5th city settle because of its weird shape so it gives much science to one or two early campus without libraries.
I disagree with the assessment that large impassable terrains are a bane, simply because of how amenities are reworked, having large impassable terrains
also means that it is relatively to relegate those unpassable tiles a national park and buffing your end game yields.

Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [17]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [18]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [17]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Totally disagree - multiplayer is such a different game it would just distort the debate.

My way of looking at this is that the AI is one specific opponent you can play against. It's certainly worthwhile to consider what strategies are effective against a particular sorts of opponents, but I'd argue such considerations should be secondary to those based on the underlying game rules.

More importantly, though, I think its best for these threads to include as many players and perspectives as possible. This is a fun forum game, and I don't think anyone expects it to produce any sort of authoritative or objective ranking. Specifying a detailed set of gameplay parameters won't change this, but it will shut down ideas that could make for interesting discussion and exclude players interested in participating. (myself included* when it comes to topics like world wonders or civs suited to victory conditions, where these parameters make more difference than they do for natural wonders).

*For what it's worth as context, most of my games are neither against the AI nor multiplayer in the conventional sense. They're played against myself using the hotseat format.

That's not correct - you have a set number of Natural Wonders in the game so if you get 6 duds you get 6 duds.

Yes, but you aren't actively choosing between them the way you do with civs, city states or world wonders (even with the new selection feature, you're not picking wonders for yourself, you're picking wonders that any civ could potentially find). Once you're in game, you may or may not find a nearby wonder. If you do find one (or more), that's what you have available, and in that context even an underwhelming wonder is better than no wonder.

Great Barrier Reef (16-3=13) Water based wonders have an inherent disadvantage in that their adjacency and appeal effects are more likely to go to waste. GBR's yields are solid, but I don't think they're enough better than those of other wonders to compensate for that downside.

Chocolate Hills (14+1=15) If you have a few excess food tiles nearby, these are some really nice yields to have in the early game. And given its size, it can do a lot in terms of appeal and holy site adjacencies.

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [15]
Crater Lake [10]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [7]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [13]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [13]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [18]
Lake Retba [13]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [14]
Mount Roraima [18]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [17]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [18]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [17]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

I believe this is also incorrect. Torres del Paine doubles base terrain yield, not those from feature. So if you have a grassland (2F) hill(1P) wood(1P), only the 2F1P from grassland hill will be doubled, making it 4F3P. Similarly if you have a plain (1F1P) hill (1P) rainforest (1F) you will end up having 3F4P.

Oops, you are completely correct about this. Won't change my vote either way though.

Delicate Arch - This wonder has the same problem as Gobustan, working the tiles that Delicate Arch provides means it will be very hard to grow. Maybe it could be good for Petra, fair enough, but in the end it's still dross. Also, it's dead average for National Parks since it's a 1 tile wonder.

Chocolate Hills - At least with the Chocolate Hills the tiles aren't actually that bad. 1F2P1S is completely workable, sure the 1 food isn't great, but all you need is a couple farms to make up for it. Also, since it's a 4 passable tile Natural Wonder, it can be great for National Parks.

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [16] 15+1
Crater Lake [10]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [4] 7-3
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [13]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [13]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [18]
Lake Retba [13]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [14]
Mount Roraima [18]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [17]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [18]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [17]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Delicate Arch [5] - the Desert Natural Wonders have a part to play in a game with the option of Desert Folklore, they're weak but going too early in my estimation

Lake Retba [10] - Difficult to work as no food and looks really ugly as well but at least this one provides fresh water, oh wait they decided to take that redeeming feature out!

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [16]
Crater Lake [10]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [5]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [13]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [13]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [18]
Lake Retba [10]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [14]
Mount Roraima [18]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [17]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [18]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [17]
Uluru [16]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

I’m afraid that I will not be judging according to appeal, and I do not think that passable wonders are the best. Leaving aside Australia and BM Teddy, appeal only comes into play at the very end of the game, and only for tourism victories; and passable wonders have the obvious disadvantage that you cannot improve their yields. To me, the best natural wonders are clearly those that grant strong yields early on (particularly culture or science) and, moreover, grant yields that enable a city to keep growing — ie. this includes all the adjacency wonders, since they keep the base food of the tile in question, and a few others, such as Ha Long Bay or Galápagos

Mount Roraima [19] [18+1] The king of the criteria I outlined above. Set one or two cities to working all the tiles and you’ll be raking in the science. Easily the most impactful wonder early on.

Uluru [13] (16-3) Underwhelming yields as it is, but most importantly you can’t work them if you want your city to keep growing. Some usefulness for desert pantheon, and maybe a single natural park in the late game, but these bonuses are very very lacklustre all in all.

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [16]
Crater Lake [10]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [5]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [13]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [13]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [18]
Lake Retba [10]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [14]
Mount Roraima [19] [18+1]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [18]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [17]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [18]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [17]
Uluru [13] (16-3)
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Undevelopable with subpar yields - I'd only want the Chocolate Hills for their adjacency bonuses and a national park. But adjacencies are a feature of all natural wonders so I won't cut it a break for that... On the other end of the spectrum is Païtiti. Did you say you wanted nice yields om every adjacent tile? Sure you did and here you go. I really want to run into this wonder early in the game.

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [13]
Crater Lake [10]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [5]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [13]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [13]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [18]
Lake Retba [10]
Lysefjord [16]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [14]
Mount Roraima [19]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [19]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [17]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [18]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [17]
Uluru [13]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [13]
Crater Lake [11] (10+1) At the very least if you start the game next to this you're almost guaranteed to get whatever pantheon you want. Even outside of special cases like taking the tundra and desert pantheons this has value - sacrifice growth to work this tile and you'll have the Religious Settlements pantheon in 7 turns at the most... guarantee you can't pop out your second settler that fast. That has value IMO.
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [5]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [13]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [13]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [18]
Lake Retba [10]
Lysefjord [13] (16-3) Naval units just aren't a big part of the game, and all this does is buff them. At least some others can give you a leg up on grabbing a pantheon which can impact your whole game.
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [13]
Mount Kilimanjaro [14]
Mount Roraima [19]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [19]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [17]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [18]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [17]
Uluru [13]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Mount Everest [10] (13-3) Always appear in mountain ranges, if you found this basically it means your scouting will be hindered a lot.
Torres del Paine [19] (18+1) Always give good yields. Just pray it's not in tundra/snow land and has some hills around it.

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [13]
Crater Lake [11]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [5]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [13]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [7]
Great Barrier Reef [13]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [18]
Lake Retba [10]
Lysefjord [13]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [10]
Mount Kilimanjaro [14]
Mount Roraima [19]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [19]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [17]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [19]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [17]
Uluru [13]
Yosemite [16]
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Granite vs Mud

Bermuda Triangle [10]
Chocolate Hills [13]
Crater Lake [11]
Dead Sea [16]
Delicate Arch [5]
Eyjafjallajökull [17]
Fountain of Youth [17]
Galápagos Islands [13]
Giant's Causeway [17]
Gobustan [4] (7-3) I don't hate it, just like most everything else better.
Great Barrier Reef [13]
Hạ Long Bay [17]
Ik-Kil [18]
Lake Retba [10]
Lysefjord [13]
Mato Tipila [16]
Matterhorn [17]
Mount Everest [10]
Mount Kilimanjaro [14]
Mount Roraima [19]
Mount Vesuvius [16]
Païtiti [19]
Pamukkale [18]
Pantanal [17]
Piopiotahi [17]
Sahara el Beyda [17]
Torres del Paine [19]
Tsingy de Bemaraha [16]
Ubsunur Hollow [17]
Uluru [13]
Yosemite [17] (16+1) Greatly improved yields with GS.
Zhangye Danxia [19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom