Naval War PBEM

kiwitt

Road to War Modder
Welcome to Naval War

I have set it so each nation is fairly evenly matched in units and cities. Each city has every religion and players can chose whatever religion they want or none and players will need to chose whatever government type they feel will give them the edge. The capitals have every National Wonder and all buildings including temples, monasteries and cathedrals and the port cities have every building except only temples.

You will need to balance your development to get to "flight" and have the decisive carriers and fighters and also protect your cities. You will be at war with all players, so you need to be constantly on you guard.

The Default settings are as follows;

Map=TINY
Era=ERA_INDUSTRIAL
Speed=GAMESPEED_QUICK
Calendar=CALENDAR_MONTHS
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_RAZING
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_FLIPPING
Option=GAMEOPTION_RAGING_BARBARIANS
Option=GAMEOPTION_AGGRESSIVE_AI
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_TRADING
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_BROKERING
Option=GAMEOPTION_ALWAYS_WAR
Option=GAMEOPTION_COMPLETE_KILLS
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_VASSAL_STATES
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_GOODY_HUTS
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_EVENTS
Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST
MOD=NONE

There are 8 major islands with an inland capital city and four port cities and dozens of small islands. Each small island has a resource and also a few have either a holy city or corporation HQ. These are defended by barbarians and old ironclads.

The Nations are as follows;

1: Germany (Bismark) = A.I.
2: England (Churchill) = Imp. Knoedel
3: France (De Gaulle) = A.I.
4: India (Gandhi) = Eclipse4449
5: China (Mao Zedong) = A.I.
6: U.S.A. (Roosevelt) = Hercules90
7: Russia (Stalin) = Luthor_Saxburg
8: Japan (Tokugama) = KiwiTT

Selection of player nations will randomised.

Eclipse4449 (1 out of 8)
Luthor_Saxburg (1 out of 7)
Hercules90 (1 out of 6)
Imp. Knoedel (1 out of 5)
KiwiTT (1 out of 4)

House Rules:
1: No attacks in first turn.

NOTE: This will be my first PBEM to setup, so I will need some assistance from experts. If someone wants to admin this one all the better. I will not mind.

Attachments

• NavalWar.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    362.8 KB · Views: 110
I'm in! :)

Are you sure about no city razing? There are a lot of small islands...

Yep. Every tiny Island has a resource, which the city will grant you, once you take it.
Japan Tokugawa
Each player will be randomly assigned ;)

It might be unfair for those that play later on due to the fact that the first nations play before and can choose to attack or run away.

Therefore I would propose the following houserule:
- No battles during the 1st turn

What sayest thou?

It might be unfair for those that play later on due to the fact that the first nations play before and can choose to attack or run away.

Therefore I would propose the following houserule:
- No battles during the 1st turn

What sayest thou?
Done!

Ah what the heck count me in!

Just did a little playtesting. I will need to place all ships in the ports.

Question: Does the houserule also apply vs. AIs?

My Capital has no Factory or Taoist Temple but a Bank in addition to the Stock Exchange I could build. :crazyeye:

Is that a yes or no? Because I already got a Great General from sinking Bismarck´s fleet blockading me. :lol:

Alright I played my turn, switching civics and sinking a whole lot of German ships, but I did not attack another human. If the house rule also counts for the AIs I have to replay the whole thing.

Gandhi's Battleship Ballistics report: You Landlubbers beware, Admiral Mahatma Gandhi has got no hair
It's 1886BC what are you waiting for, get those big guns loaded for the next round. Blimy!

on to Hercules90

Alright I played my turn, switching civics and sinking a whole lot of German ships, but I did not attack another human. If the house rule also counts for the AIs I have to replay the whole thing.
AIs are fair game ;)

Hmmm ... well the AI did attack some players in the first turn, I noticed.
Yes, that is why I proposed no battles on the 1st turn... but the AI did not respect the houserule, did it??? bloody AI! :lol:

I had played a small game with this... guess which nation? Russia! :eek:
I was hoping to play with something else but I guess it's fate!

Anyway, on my 1st turn my american neighbours attacked and sunk several ships! As the americans are not AI now maybe I'm off the hook... at least for the 1st turn!

Did we start already? Boy, this was fast!!! :crazyeye:

Top Bottom