Need input.

King Jason

Fleece-bearer
I've begun brainstorming ideas for a few mods and I have a question since I primarily only work with the XML stuff. Would it be possible, and if so, what would be required, to impliment an additional system similiar to great people generate, Technology gain, building construction, etc?

Basically, I want an independant pool that will have points that are gained in various different manners that will work to fill up that pool. Once filled, it grants an effect. Such as (for the above), learning the tech, spawning a GP, or completing a building.

I'd like to asign new, and existing things (such as buildings) the ability to add points to the pool. I also wonder if I could enable points to be added upon certain events taking place. For example, if I attack I capture an enemy city, an instantaneous raw amount is added into the pool (a one time occurance).

Also as a note; I want the pool to be nation-wide, like commerce (research/etc), so all cities are pouring into the same pool. Rather than it being city-specific (like the build que or GP).

What would something like this require?

:king:

As I understand it python has slithery and very local variables, so you would need SDK to even keep track of anything long term, like an Achievement value. However, there are existing values like Score or Power that maybe could be linked to Events. I'm talking from underwater here. Glub glub.

Top Bottom